Hayarkon 48 Hostel
$273
$229
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Tel Aviv(Tel Aviv)
$599
$451
Priceline
  • Pool
$363
$307
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewspub crawlgreat locationchocolate spreadbars and clubscarmel marketbreakfast includednice balconyrooftop terraceair conditioningenjoyed my staymediterranean seadormbeachpubcrawlisraellaundrytlv
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Hayarkon 48 is a friendly hostel located near the Carmel Market and the beach. The staff were helpful and friendly (I often heard guests asking about restaurants, clubs, souks...) and the rooms and communal facilities clean. Obviously, due to the location, it has a lot of street noise (Tel Aviv is after all a 24 hour city - except Friday night!) so request a room at the back if its a problem although ear plugs were freely available from reception.
A variety of activities were on offer, although I had plans and didn't participate. the guests too, could be quite friendly - although I had 2 very different experiences in my 2 stays, purely due to who was staying at each time.
I would definitely recommend this hostel for someone travelling alone - as I was - or wanting to explore on foot as the location is great;)

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street if you cannot sleep through street noise.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 21, 2012

This could be an excellent hostel. It seems to be recently renovated, and at some expense. Our 2 rooms (a 4-bed dorm and a double with en suite) were very clean, recently decorated and comfortable. The double had a large TV and modern toilet / basin / shower. Both rooms had very good aircon. The communal areas also recently renovated - newish pool table, big TV in lounge, 2 good fridges, excellent drinking water fountain. Everything is very clean, and the location is excellent for the beach.

But...

The food facilities are rubbish. Really rubbish. Breakfast is terrible - toast, jam, butter, chocolate spread, coffee. That is it. No fruit, veg, cereal etc. There are just 20 places to sit (new chairs and bar stools, but only 20 of them) for a hostel with 35 rooms (ie, 100ish beds). There is not enough cutlery, nor mugs, glasses, nor plates. It's frustrating: a lot of money must have been spent on the TVs, pool table etc, but they didn't spent the extra tiny amount on making sure there is enough cutlery and crockery. It's incredibly frustrating: what should have been an excellent experience is spoiled at meal times waiting for people to finish using there knife or spoon or whatever before you can eat, and looking to find somewhere to sit.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
H48, Manager at Hayarkon 48 Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Hi Zenk73,

I am sorry to hear that you feel this way about the hostel. As you noticed, we invest a lot of thought, time and money in renovating the hostel, keeping it updated and clean for our guests.
About the food, the hostel only provides toast and coffee in the morning. We clearly specify on the website and upon check in that it's not breakfast but toast and coffee and this is what you describe on your review; I am sorry you did not like this and I can understand you being disappointed if you were expecting something else but we are clear about this from the beginning to avoid misunderstandings.
I wish that you have told us about the lack of utensils the first time this happened to you. There's always a volunteer taking care of breakfast and if he didn't realize there weren't enough utensils, if you had told him/her, we would have provided more immediately since we do have more in storage.

Again, I am sorry your experience wasn't as good as we would have expected for it to be and we still hope to see you back some time.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I love this hostel. it has decent dorm rooms, but a fantastic atmosphere. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hostel to anyone who is looking for a fun time and to make a lot of new friends.

Room Tip: if you want to sleep well then I recommend a room away from the street.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Only stayed the one night but clear from the outset this is a well-run hostel. We had a private en suite room, small but a good price. We got beach towels and room towels. Staff helpful and allowed us to hang around and use the facilities in the afternoon before we left for the airport, which was appreciated. Nice pool and tv lounge and kitchen. Small roof top terrace. Secure storage facility (20 shekels). Near the beach. Good choice.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 5onholiday
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We rent a triple room for three nights, breakfast included.
Very good hostel, near from the beach, nice people, very clean room.
Good services!
Very good price. Staff very disposable and open-minded.
One deception : the breakfast, just bread, butter, Nutella and hot beverages.

• Stayed: September 2012