“Perfect in every way”

Ranked #62 of 98 Hotels in Tel Aviv
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect in every way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

I spent 8 days at the Herod's with my two children at the end of May, and we couldn't have wished for a better hotel.

Our room had a splendid view over the beach and the marina, and the food in the restaurant was delicious (we had breakfast there every day, and every day there were new choices of both hot and cold foods. Also they will make you a latte or cappuccino or whatever you want). The Friday night dinner was also very refined and the atmosphere was very relaxed.

My favourite bits:

- The small but lovely and chlorine-free pool
- Direct access to the beach
- Fantastic location, right on the beach and a short stroll away from Ben Yehuda and Dizengoff
- Great food

But the very best asset of the hotel is the staff: from the bell-boy to the concierge to the managers, the pool staff, receptionists, cleaners... every single one of them did their utmost to be welcoming, pleasant and helpful, and always with a smile. After a couple of days we were already feeling like old friends every time we walked back in through the doors.

Meirav in particular was really efficient and helpful as well as friendly.

4 Thank Alexandra S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

I travel a lot for business and it's always nice when a hotel goes out of the way to make you feel at home! Besides an extremely comfortable bed and prompt room service, Meirav in customer service checked on me every time I saw her in the hotel to make sure everything was satisfactory! She offered to move my room to a higher floor because I was worried it was going to be too noisy ( it wasn't ) and told me to call if I needed anything else! Thank you Herod's for helping to make my first trip to Israel such a pleasure!

Room Tip: If you want a better view of the ocean and Marina, request a room on a high floor. I was on the seco...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Bobby S
Forestburgh, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

It was my first time in Tel Aviv and staying here could not have been more welcoming. The service was outstanding! You're just steps from the beach and boardwalk and shopping and the many restaurants that surround you. I had a great visit and I've made friends for life on this trip. Thanks Herods!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Kevin M
Huntington, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Herods hotel for eight nights. We were treated like honored guests. The room overlooked the sea and the beach. The location was very central to all of our sightseeing. Our breakfast and dinner buffets were over the top in variety and quality. The staff in the lounge catered to our every need. This really is the land of milk and honey! We will be back again.

Room Tip: The upper rooms on the North side have great views day and night.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ckazdan
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

(Full disclosure: My [new] son-in-law works for the Fattal Hotel chain, to which this hotel belongs.) My daughter got married on Friday, May 23, 2014. The united family (the bride's + the groom's) were in the hotel from Thursday through Sunday. Our families got to know each other in a sweet & beautiful experience that I will never forget.

The rooms were wonderful with a beautiful view of the Mediterranean Sea. There was a hugh selection of food, all of it very good.

There was a slight misunderstanding about our reservation that was cleared up quickly, but keep your eyes opened, as always.

Highly recommended, if you're looking for a high-class hotel.

1 Thank Tzvi K
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

Stayed there for three nights with my wife and son on a recent vacation. The hotel is located right on the Mediterranean. The room was spacious and the food at the coffee shop for breakfast and dinner was simply awesome. The beach front was very nice and we enjoyed long walks in the evening. The hotel backside, facing the beach, needs some serious work as the paint has peeled off.

Room Tip: We had a balcony to our room. Ask for one with a ocean view like we had.
2 Thank mumuram01
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

I am a former nation brand strategist (in other words I help countries market themselves for tourism and investment) and have traveled to over 70 countries for a living over the course of 20 years. My husband and I are both now in the hospitality industry ourselves. This is the FIRST online review I have written because my family's experience in this hotel made our trip to Israel a complete disappointment and an extremely frustrating experience. The current customer relations manager needs a course in actual customer service. Let me explain. This hotel charges 5 star prices we padi 450 per room per night for a 2 star hotel at best. Aside from the location, the "hotel" is more like a "hostel" with a lovely ocean front location. We arrived and the rooms which were marketed as sea view had a tiny glimpse of the ocean if you stood in one corner of the room. When I walked into the bathroom the toilet was un flushed with feces in the toilet and they brought up a baby bath that was filthy and full of hair and dirt. The pipes in our Parents room was leaking all over the bathroom floor. We immediately rushed to try to check out after a dirty toilet and dirty bath tub. They told us no we would have to pay a 1000 USD cancellation fee. In retrospect I would have paid to leave. Here is what happened next:

A pair of very nice shoes went missing for the next 2 days then magically were returned to our room on our last day with various false explanations of what happened to them....we were told they were returned to another room, then told they were found under the bed where about 20 people including their staff had looked already, then told the maid had put them in the lost and found. If we had not called their staff over the course of 3 days morning and night, I have no doubt the shoes would have been stolen forever.

I am very understanding of mistakes but the way the customer relations manager dealt with the situation was the worst of all and made the experience unforgivable. This hotel did absolutely nothing to make our stay better and in fact as we were checking out added insult to injury. The customer relations magager... Her name is Mahav or Mershav something like that overheard the reception asking me how my stay was and interjected, saying she was meaning to "talk to us and she heard about missing shoes, and other problems we had with the room." This was the forth day and we were leaving and she knew of these problems from the first day. She asked me to explain to her everything that went wrong with our stay. As I was outlining the all the issues after I listed the first two which were 1. arriving to unflushed feces (poo poo or cacci for non native Enlish speakers) in the toilet and 2. unclean baby bath which they charged for on top of the $900 US dollars we were paying for 2 rooms...She THEN abruptly and very rudely interrupted me to say VERY snarkily "Well excuse me but what did you LIKE about our hotel?" I had not even gotten to the stolen shoes!!! (I had to buy a new pair to replace while they were missing for 3 days) or the fact that the pool closed at 6pm right at sunset when it was actually the perfect time to sit outside, or the fact that there was 10 lounge chairs for 150 people at the pool, or the fact that there is NO DOOR to the shower and water spills all over the floor and into the hallway and what a hazard this is especially with small children, or the fact that they didn't even offer to comp a night free or even a DRINK at the pool bar, or the fact that the maid left a half eaten candy bar from someone else in the mini bar that was there when we checked into the room and charged us $14 USD for it at check out...SOMETHING to compensate for this atrocious service and NOT allowing us to leave the first day when we asked! She did call us back after we had left Tel Aviv and offered to give us HALF off a night at the HOTEL to come and stay again for $225 USD which would be a VERY high normal rate for this hotel let alone a "half price" rate.....Was she not listening? We would NEVER stay there again. I seriously find it hard to believe they don't pay people to boost their ratings.

Room Tip: Don't chose a room here at all! Go to the intercontinental!!
8 Thank AmyIntl