“Beautiful breach front”

Ranked #62 of 98 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Edmonton, Canada
“Beautiful breach front”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Front desk people is not fluent in English. Service is slower.
However, water front location is unbeatable. My room on 15th floor allows me to take great photo of the Jaffa city and Tel Aviv old port.

• Stayed September 2013
Fattal_Hotel_Chain, General Manager at Herods Tel Aviv, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for sharing your good experience with us.
We are happy to know the location of the hotel as well as the room helped you to take good photos.
Due to peak season and full occupancy, waiting time at the reception was a bit longer than usual, we do apologize for this.
We are looking forward to seeing you again in our Hotel.
Best Regards,
Koby Hatzoel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Parsippany, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

I fell over a low anti-motorcycle hemi-spherical block at the Herod's main entrance on my arrival on 22 Sept.. I was helped up by their doorman & security person. I was examined by their security/medic. I could not use my left hand or walk any distance because of the pain, By next morning, the pain was worst and I went to the hospital.. It took 4.5 hours to be x-rayed and be seen by the doctor at a cost of approximately 1211 NIS. He did not think my hand was broken but he said that it can take up to 2 weeks for hand bone fractures to show and therefore I should see an orthopedist upon my return to the US. I was and am still in significant pain. The US orthopedist has placed a wrist restraint on my left arm and restricted my activities I still cannot sleep more than a couple of hours a night due to pain on my left side, left hand and dental damage to my lower left teeth and bridge. Clearly this incident completely ruined my vacation and still gives me numerous medical & dental problems. I believe because of the placement of this low concrete semi-sphere right at entrance to the hotel, it should be responsible for my ruined vacation and medical/dental bills. However they or their insurance company have not reached out to since I left the hotel on .27 Sept. I expected better from the hotel .

Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

the rooms, the staff, the location on the beach were very good; however and this is a really big one for me - the hotel does not have enough elevators. Perhaps we were there on an extremely busy Sunday and Monday but waiting more than 5 minutes for an elevator is unacceptable. My advice - stay elsewhere

Ashbourne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Having previously used the Renaissance hotel just along the road (truly terrible place) I was advised on this trip to try Herods .... Comparing the two hotels is like Black & White!

Herods staff are very well trained, professional, friendly, they smile!
Air conditioning in the rooms works!! It's adjustable and not too noisy
Rooms are clean & food is edible
Wi-Fi is very fast, supports multiple devices and keeps you logged on.
Bar in lobby area is pleasant and has an atmosphere that persuades you to stop and use it

None of this is to say that it is a genuine international 5* hotel .. It's for the bucket and spade brigade predominantly but, they have made a real effort to cater for business guests and, since good hotels in Tel Aviv are like rocking-horse excrement, Herods is the best I've tried by some way.

Exec lounge on 17th floor is enjoyable spot.
Breakfast in the main restaurant is pretty good also.
Evening meal is very disappointing .. Salads drenched in dressings, shedloads of highly processed pastries, sweets, breads .... The full gut-buster selection. I suggest you avoid the evening meal here .. Walk 5 minutes up the road and try Boccaccio Italian restaurant or any number of much better restaurants one street back from the water-front

Overall, I'll willingly use Herods again

Room Tip: Go as high as you can afford
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mattjos
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

We have been to Herods from the 26-28.9.
The first thing we saw was the Tiny, Ice cold and very dirty pool and pool area.
the area only gets sunlight when its sundown and we had to pay to go to the pool located outside the Hotel (Gordon Pool)
Also the staff was not so friendly, no greetings when we came and none when we left (not even a "Thanks you for staying with us" greeting).
The hotel looks and feels very old and not in a good way, and our room smelled.
To conclude, i wouldn't recommend this hotel, considering how much it cost us to stay there.
Herods definitely doesn't qualify as a 5 starts hotel and should not charge as one.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor room to get a good view of the city and sea
2 Thank Djunique69
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

We recently planned a 3 week trip to Tel Aviv, this was our first trip back to Israel in 3 years, as such I wanted everything to be perfect including the hotel. After much deliberation, research and review we settled on Herods Hotel Tel Aviv. My criteria for a hotel being: location (direct beachfront access with NO roads to cross), spacious rooms as well as delectable and plentiful cuisine.

I am very pleased to say that Herods not only met our expectations but exceeded them to boot! Our room on the executive floor was lovely and spacious; the executive lounge offered an excellent and exclusive buffet from 06:30 to 22:00. The position of the hotel was superb, ideally located directly on Gordon beach and within walking distance of 3 of Tel Aviv’s other well renowned beaches. The hotel being on the beach gave us direct access to Tel Aviv’s beautiful promenade as well as many enjoyable restaurants and pubs.

Herod’s breakfasts and Friday night dinners are “a must” featuring loads of local dishes and delicatessen. The food is fresh, plentiful and delicious. I can truly say that Herod’s doesn’t spare any cost in insuring its guest’s delight.

While every aspect of my check list was met and successfully ticked there is one aspect I need to point out that clearly differentiates Herods from all of its competitors and that being their staff. If nothing else the outstanding reception, kindness, courtesy and experience I enjoyed thanks to their elite team would be a reason for me to choose this hotel above all others. Nothing was too big or too small. Their moto was “challenge us” and they really do welcome a challenge. On arrival we were welcomed with open arms not to mention a bottle of fantastic local wine and a fruit and chocolate platter. This was not limited to the welcome reception only but set the tone for the entire three weeks. A special, warm and exceptional mention must go to: Meirav, Shay, Dallit and Avi – what a team!!! You were an integral part in making our holiday an outstanding one.

In an area known for its five star hotels, I can truly say that Herods stands out as one of the very best. If you’re after a 5 star hotel with a warm and intimate feel where you’re treated as a guest and not a number, this is the place for you.

Thank you all for an exceptional family holiday. S&R SA

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SR S
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

Herods Tel Aviv hotel is one of the best hotels in Tel Aviv, the rooms are comfortable and as great amenities, the location is the best in Tel Aviv -on the beach, the hotel décor, the Lobby and public areas are beautiful and welcoming, the service was second to none and the lounge on the 17th floor is blessing in the sky- everybody at the lounge was gracious and courteous from Meirav the lounge manager and guests relations to all other employees at the hotel and particularly at the lounge- great hotel to stay...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family