“The personal touch”

Ranked #60 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Montreal, Canada
“The personal touch”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We appreciate a beautiful hotel on the beach with a sea view. What We did not expect was the was the welcome and attention that we received. We are not used to be greeted with a heart warming smile from every employee. We always knew that the people that you are with make a big difference in enjoying a trip. The employees at all levels made us want to return to this location before leaving Israel.

Room Tip: We loved to see the beach, sea, and sunsets from the balcony.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (458)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed September 8, 2013

As a buyer in a clothing and accessories company I travel a lot , and been around many hotels for short and long periods , they were good but......
Herods hotel Tel Aviv is not just good , it's AMAZING !!!!!
I enjoyed my stay tremendously and highly recommend it .
The public relations in the hotel deserves 6 stars .
Have been there at least 10 times and plan to continue

Room Tip: Every room I have gotten was excellent !!
Jerusalem
Reviewed September 8, 2013

On rosy hashana we came to herods tel aviv. It was great, the manager, especially meiirav. The food was so unusual, the bathroom, the towels, the breakfast, the dinner. We all felt that we are guests nomes one. If I go from now on, bli neder it will be over there. I am a very un pleasant with all my request, but they really gave me the best vacation

Room Tip: any floor, all of them are great!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Thank toy so much for a great vacation! Merav was amazing! We loved every moment! The food was unbelievable, and Merav did her best to make us feel like we are most wanted in the hotel! We go to lots of vacations, but I can not remember when I had so much fun! I can not wait to go back to this hotel again! Irecomend this hotel very much - you would not be disappointed!!!

Room Tip: high floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Loughborough
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Spent three nights here, three family members sharing a room for three. Arrived a couple of hours early but could check in and settle into our room. Big effort made to make us welcome, including wine and apples. A third bed was brought straight away but we opted for a proper mattress on the foldout. Room big enough for three. Balcony small but third chair brought on request. Most other requests dealt with promptly. Air con good and bathroom facilities good with plenty of hot water and a great shower but some may like a plug in the sink. We stayed over a national holiday and the hotel was very busy but the standard of service was maintained. Lifts small but adequate without long waits. Decor a little odd but 'thirties' which may explain why it seems out of date. Excellent breakfast buffet with great beach view. Welcomed to use hotel facilities on the day we left on a late flight. Cleanliness good in most areas. Good supply of fresh beach towels. Good beach access but pool area cramped. Reception and Concierge very helpful in assisting with communicating with contacts in Israel we were struggling to manage ourselves. We would use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Direct sun for most of the day on the south side gets very hot in summer. We were glad to be on the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I never take the time to review anything, but my experience there was far from expectation or review.

The plus side:

Shani in concierge was amazing as was Gil at the front desk

Location is pretty solid too, although I think it's better to be a little further south.

Breakfast was pretty awesome.

Now for the bad new:

Other than the above, the staff were not very helpful. I pride myself on being a polite and friendly guy. It seemed like I was bothering everybody anytime that I asked a question. This is not just "Israeli culture." Even if it is, this is not appropriate for a hotel rated with 5 stars. The rooms were old and tired. It needs an update badly. It was quite loud too. Lastly, they nickle and dime you to death from the internet to the gym. Totally uncool. I would spend a little more money and stay somewhere better.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel like the intercont or something. Avoid a room on the east side
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Fattal_Hotel_Chain, General Manager at Herods Tel Aviv, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for finding the time to post about your experience in our Hotel, every kind of feedback is important to us.
We thank you for your kind words, your gratitude was passed on to Shani and Gil.
We are happy to know that our location and breakfast met your expectations
We were surprised to read about our staff's attitude since good service is our priority and something we never compromise on.
We deeply apologize and we assure you this matter will be checked immediately. All of the rooms were recently renovated .
This is high season now in Israel and in Tel Aviv.The hotels in Tel Aviv are a bit louder then regular time, we apologize for the inconvenience
I sincerely hope you will give us the chance to host you again in our hotel.
Best Regards,
Koby Hatzoel
Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Following up on Herods (I stay there often for business) I must say that it maintained the high level of service I was used to.

The location is perfect for going to the beach, public transportation, shopping, night-life... The staff was helpful as always and even remembered me from before. In our company rate we get access to the club-floors which means free food and drinks in the lounge all day, along with free wi-fi and gym access. That is why for me, Herods is the absolute best-buy in Tel Aviv.

The food was great as always and the maids did a flawless job with housekeeping this time.

The only negative remarks I have are a loud A/C fan in the room and poor flushing of the toilet. Otherwise, a perfect stay.