“Great Hotel with AWESOME food!”
Review of Herods Tel Aviv

Herods Tel Aviv
Ranked #60 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Atlanta
“Great Hotel with AWESOME food!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed at Herods in Feb. 2013 and consistently this hotel has the best food of any hotel we have stayed at in Israel. An excellent experience. The hotel staff--from the front desk, to the guest relations people, to the staff in the exec. lounge, to the Maitre D--they are all wonderful, performing as one would expect the staff to perform at a top-notch hotel. The rooms are on the small side, but more than made up for with a great location, and a beautiful view of the sea. All together, an excellent experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (459)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Norfolk, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We were originially booked at Leonardo Hotel Basel across the street but it was overbooked so they bumped up to Herods....what a wonderful upgrade! Our room had a balcony overlooking the ocean and all the perks from the Leonardo's reservation were seemlessly transferred to our Herrods reservation. The room was ok, small but no worries...who knows what the Leonardo was? The breakfast buffet was fantastic. But the best part was being on the beach. We just walked out and enjoyed the beautiful Meditterean. At night we walked the boardwalk and watched the guys playing volleyball. The only bad thing was parking...the attendent who dresses like someone out of the Boer War isn't very helpful and even if you have paid for parking, he will tell you there is no space. He tells you to go park in the lot across the very busy street. Rest of staff was pleasant helpful...feel free to bump me over here again!

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
clarks summit, pa
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I just returned from a trip to Israel and I spent some FABULOUS days in Tel Aviv at HERODS.
This is truly a 5-star property and I have to explain how wonderful my stay was.
First .. the staff....
They are the warmest, most heplful , courteous staff. Merav the guest relations person was just awesome. She went out of her way to get whatever we needed. She smiled and every time she saw me in the hotel, she only wanted to know what she could do for me / us.
Hila one of the concierge staff, I wanted to take her with me when I left. She went beyond what I expect a hotel employee to do. A smile every time she saw me.... again asking what could she do for me.. how is my room she asked, what do I need.... anything..
The bellboys could not be better. They came back to our room to be sure the extra luggage stands were delivered. They carried our packages, the helped us with all our questions.
When I ordered more towels , even though I had a shelf full of them, they were delivered in 5 minutes. And then in the next 5 minutes guest relations call to check and to be sure the towels were delivered. I travel all the time, to many hotels , to many 5 stars , an NO ONE calls to verify your request has been delivered.
The towels... SOFT ,, big and so many. How many times do you go to a hotel where the towels can barely wrap around you so comfortably. Soft like butter!!
The restaurant.... the food was fabulous. I have never seen a RIB ROAST so big and delicious. The waiters, smile and fill your coffee all morning. How many times have you gong to a restaurant and you can NOT find the waiter to get your moning coffee WITH your breakfast. Well, go to HERODS in Tel Aviv. On Friday night they served a huge dinner... My mouth was watering looking at it all and when I ate it... OH BOY!!!!! DELICIOUS.
Merav and the entire staff just could not have done anything different in making this the MOST wonderful hotel stay. I was there for a total of 10 nights and all I can say is put yourself in this hotel and you will LOVE IT!

Room Tip: If you can swing it the rooms and the exective club are just THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have stayed on...
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I have been traveling to Israel for quite a while. The Herods offers quality rooms, decent internet, and great dining options. The service is excellent. The staff is exceptional. The rooms are very clean. Marev, the Deputy Guest Service manager performs her job beyound the call of duty. The entire club and restaurant staff are excellent.

Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

My first stay in Tel Aviv was great due in part to wonderful accommodations, friendly and attentive staff, and great beach front location. My room had a balcony with ocean view! Thanks for a great trip, hope to be back again!

• Stayed February 2013
Reviewed February 28, 2013

On January 2013 I came to Israel on business , my travel agent sent me to the herods in tel aviv , I spent the night at the club suite on the 16th floor, it was amazing , full see view , very quiet and comfortable for business purposes ,very clean, the ladies at the club business lounge were very kind and pleasant , the food quality was great , you will definitely see me again on my next trip to Israel .
Great hotel !

• Stayed January 2013
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Location is great. Hotel staff, specially Rachel (concierge) where helpful, friendly and interested in our well being.
Breakfast is super extra great! All and any kind of food, breads, slads and cheese. One morning I counted 7 different yellow chese and 13 different white chese. Don't miss a photo of the honey dispenser - never saw honey served as in this hotel! Sit by the windows - very nice to appreciate the living city bellow you!
Rooms are comfortable, WiFi Internet works great (my reservation included free wifi, but not all do!)
The only minus is parking. The side parking lot requires an operator to open it and he seldomly is there (at late night, arriving tired, it is a torture to wait up to 15 minutes for him to come).
Room TV is great, lots of chanels and languages to choose.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple