“Rivka S”
Review of Herods Tel Aviv

Herods Tel Aviv
Ranked #56 of 103 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We had a great experience as guests in the hotel. The hotel is located in an amazing location.
View of the sea is fantastic. The rooms are nicely decorated. Through the whole time of our stay we had everything we needed and asked for. Reception employees were very welcoming and responding promptly to every wish we had. The hotel manager was always around if needed. Breakfast in the hotel was really good.
The Business lounge/center is excellent, and the employees there made it an amaziing stay for us. Special thanks we would like to extend to :
Hilla Ramot, Dannit Mitchell, Shay Grinberg and Karnit Mizrachi.
Their devotion and aspiring for excellence in service is greatly appreciated, always trying to do more and more for the guests.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,249)

Reviewed January 12, 2013

My husband and I take a city break at least once a year (a long weekend - Thursday through Sat. night) and Tel Aviv is our preferred city. We've been to most 5-star TA hotels (including this hotel's previous incarnation) but this was our first visit to Herods. We paid more (around 300 NIS/$80/nite more) for a "club" room (floors 15-18) and this turned a decent stay into a great stay. The Club lounge on the 17th floor (NOT to be confused with the business lounge on the R floor) is a fantastic haven: excellent, professional, friendly staff (thanks, Shani, Danit and Hila); terrific food and drinks all day (until 10 pm); very comfortable seating; free internet; and a relaxed, pampering atmosphere. The first room we got was on the north side and it overlooked a nightclub. Despite the fact that we were on the 15th floor, the music kept us up as if it were next door (until 4 am). The room was very badly insulated so that, besides the noise, it was cold and drafty. The upside is that when we requested to change rooms (to the south side of the hotel) we got a new room quickly and easily. The new room was identical but MUCH quieter. (One note: the nightclub noise was swapped out for "matkot" noise - paddleball - but that's during the day when we didn't care.) As for the rest of the hotel's features, the room was decent, the location is very good, the food was terrific (breakfast and Shabbat dinner). The gym is closed for four hours in the afternoon - 12 to 4 - which is a shame. The public spaces and bathrooms are very nice. But I'd have to say that the hotel's real strong point is the service, which is not a given in Israel. Very often the service in even the most expensive/highly rated/high-level hotels is detached and perfunctory; in Herods, however, the staff appears to have been told to pay attention to the customer and it makes a real difference. Be aware that parking in the hotel lot is very expensive and there are cheaper lots in the area. Overall, although not perfect, the hotel tries very hard, and the 17th floor lounge IS perfect. I think we'll be back.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter (no night club music although there is racketball noise). I woul...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed for the first time in this hotel.
For my needs, the location wad good. Very friendly and attentive staff. From the moment i have checked in until i have checked out, i was spoiled and well treated. Never received a NO from any member of staff.
Food was great as well.
I would stay there again on my next visit to tel aviv.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This hotel is in a beautifully located right on the beach in Tel Aviv! Every room has a balcony with a beautiful view! The staff is amazing especially Hila Ramot, Dannit Mitchell, and Tomer Poleg! The staff is so accommodating and make you feel right at home! The breakfast is wonderful and the rooms are lovely. If you are traveling to Tel Aviv, Herod's is the place to stay and be treated like a queen or King! I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank skyhiprincess
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I am most impressed with the great experience I had as a guest at the Herods Tel Aviv.
The hotel is located at a beautiful location on the oncean.The views are espetacular.
The rooms are very nicely decorated, updated with hard wood like floors and impecably clean.
They have a very nice bussiness center , constantly replenish with fruits,breads and a gourmet coffe machine.(There was a nice gentleman named Joseph who was prompt to make capuccinos as a complementary encoragement to the bussiness patrons)
There was a pianist lady providing beautiful music at the lobby with panoramic ocean views.
But mostly deserved of complements, are really the great staff of the hotel, from housekeeping to management.
Mr Tommer and Idan at the front desk, made me feel not only special, but also so welcome. With a sincere smile they were prompt to acomodate (within reasonable capabilities)any guest request ,with the outmost profesionalism and and yet a warm "home like feeling".
I would also like to extend my complements to another Hotel of the Leonardo-Fattal Hotels collection: the Leonardo City Center: Extremely convenient for the bussiness travellers, located at the city center, with very similar facilities and a very enticing bussines center, that offer a nice light supper spread, besides the day time regular goodies. And even more especially a lovely lady named Orfva (I am pretty sure the spelling is incorrect...please forgive me)whom very graciously hosts the bussiness center.
Both hotels offer a really high standars full breakfast buffet ,with gourmet omelet cheff station at the Leonardo.I did not have dinner at the hotels, but if it is anything comparative to the breakfast, I definitly recomend it.
I did not use the spa, but I was told by a bussiness partner it was very nice.
The Herod is an older building, but it have been nicely updated
Congratulations Fattal Hotels

Room Tip: try to get a southfacing room, although you can see the ocean from all rooms
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ivana m
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stay in this hotel with my family every time I visit Israel, mostly in the summer. It is located right on the beach so I usually start my day with a nice sea swim. The rooms are renovated and each has a private balcony. Breakfasts are unbeatable, with everything one can ask for plus a little extra. But the best thing is an executive club on the 17th floor, with good food during the entire day, tasty wine collection, computers, view - and the very best STAFF, always friendly, polite and really helpful. Hila Ramot takes a personal care of the guests and makes their stay even more pleasant and comfortable. It is a privilege and joy to stay at Herods (especially when Hila is there for you)!

Room Tip: in a winter time choose a room facing Marina - it's less windy
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Inna B
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This hotel is average, with old furniture, old-like smell in the room, friendly and helpful staff (we received an upgrade, wine and fruits in the room etc.), delicious breakfast with plenty of choices for everyone (I am on a special diet and I have problems when I travel), beautiful sea view, nice beach. When it was windy though, the windows from the balcony were shaking and proved to be not what they were supposed to be, so we were a bit cold. I would come back to this hotel because there is something about it, even if they don't have the best services...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Aethea
FattalM, Public Relations Manager at Herods Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your direct and summarized comments here on the Tripadvisor.
Part of Herods Hotel unique and exceptional concept is bringing to live the city of Tel Aviv in the 1930's.
much attention was given to the concept from the rich restaurant menu through the old style decoration of the rooms and public areas.
We are delighted to know you have found our staff friendly, our breakfast delicious & with a wide verity that helped you with your special diet.
Your other comments were passed on to the relevant departments for their immediate attention.
I was very happy to read you felt “there is something about the Hotel” and it will defentaly be my pleasure to host you again and to show you we can do much better.
Should you wish to come back, please contact me direcatly to: meravye@fattal.co.il
Beat Regards,