Herods Tel Aviv
$277
$270
  • Bar/Lounge
Hilton Tel Aviv(Tel Aviv)
$612
$390
$352
Agoda.com
  • Pool
The Rothschild 71(Tel Aviv)
$316
$300
  • Bar/Lounge
2,352 results
All reviewsdanit mitchellbusiness loungethe club loungethe guest relations managerthe entire staffspecial thanksbreakfast and dinnerexecutive roommediterranean seabusiness tripbeach frontsea viewfloorshaniisraelconciergetel
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Good location but could use a refurbishing. Average breakfast for its star level. Many better hotels in telaviv with this rate.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed November 24, 2011

Herod's Tel-Aviv is recently renovated and claims to provide " Old Tel-Aviv experience".
Speaking as someone who has lived in Tel-Aviv since 2000, all I can say is, if rude, unprofessional service by untrained staff (both at the desk and on the phones), ridiculous daily charge for internet service, 2-item room service menu, apathetic attention to detail, and surly, unhelpful concierges, is what "Old Tel-Aviv experience" is, then I guess their claim is correct.
I live in Tel-Aviv but stayed here for a journalism conference for TLV fashion Week, and worse than my experience, which can be remedied easily by not agreeing to stay anywhere but at my own house when business compels people from abroad to visit here, was the experience of a colleague from Mexico, who had never visited Israel before. After this stay at this hotel, I'll be surprised if she would want to return.
Tel-Aviv is a world-Class city with many beautiful and excellent things going on at all hours of the day and night, but sadly, Herod's Hotel, is most certainly NOT one of them.
Take my advice and stay far away from here!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
FattalM, Guest Relations Manager at Herods Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2011

Dear Ari2,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to post your comments regarding your last stay at the Herods Tel Aviv Hotel.

We are sorry that you found our hotel as "Rude, Unhelpful and apathetic to detail".

First of all I wish to state for the record that your friend from Mexico was invited by the Ministry of Tourism to the hotel room, that did not cover the internet charge- which is not more expensive then most of the 5* hotels in Tel Aviv and even cheaper then some.

I regret that you find the hotel apathetic to details and rude because the employees are regularly trained and as a leading hotel in the city we put an emphasis on service as this is THE most important advantage a newly renovated hotel has.

You did not mention that we agreed to cancel the charge for her last night at Midnight of the night before- even though we could have charged the full rate for the last night.

Dear Ari, I wish to invite you and your colleague to take one more look at the hotel, the facilities and experience the employee's attitude and service quality.

We treat our guest's comments with great importance, and this review is not taken lightly.

I would be more then happy to reply any comments you may have at aviuh@fattal.co.il

Guest Relations Department
The Herods Tel Aviv Hotel

Reviewed November 22, 2011

Although some recent reviews claimed that the hotel was newly renovated, it was hardly noticeable. I stayed at the club level; the staff was friendly and efficient. There were food and drinks at all times, but were unimpressive. No matter how much money one spends on an old hotel, you can not change the size and layout of the rooms, nor the width of the corridors, nor the size of the elevators. Location is nice but it is not enough the make it a true 5 star hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank EKKC89
FattalM, Public Relations Manager at Herods Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2011

Dear Sir,

I wish to thank you for your Constructive review and I am happy to see you found your service to be efficient and friendly.

I wish to state that the width of the corridors is probably one of the widest in the city – especially because the building skeleton is an older one.

During the recent renovation the elevators have been completely changed (not renewed) and are now brand new and are of adequate size for the hotels size and number of guests.

The hotel chain management has invested and also is still planning of investing a great deal of funds in improving the hotel facilities in order to keep with the highest standards of service and facilities.

Again, thank you for your reply.

Yours sincerely,

Guest Relations Department
The Herods Tel Aviv Hotel

Reviewed November 20, 2011

we spent our 11th aniversary at the new Herods in Tel Aviv.
the hotel is carfully designed to provide old Tel Aviv experience yet in current luxury style. every corner has its charm and objects are well selected. the room is modern and luxuriuos but feels like the old good days of the city. food was great and exelent service.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2011

Check in to the hotel was fast and simple and the bell boy was extremely quick in arranging for my suitcases to be taken to my room. I was assigned a twin room, and asked to be moved to a double room, this was done quickly and efficiently. Upon arriving to my second room, I noticed there were some small cleanliness issues (hairs on pillow, fingerprints on balcony door, desk area etc) and after mentioning this to the front desk, they were able to move me to a different room. The next room was the same and did not meet the standards I would have expected from a 4-5 star recently renovated hotel. I found one front desk member in particular to be extremely rude when processing my requests as she spoke about me to another member of staff right in front of my face!!
My new room was fine, clean enough, however I am disappointed that I was not allocated one of the newly renovated rooms, something I was looking forward to after looking at pictures on their website.
The pool area is small and in the shade for most of the day, however there is a door leading on to the beach which was convenient.
The hotel breakfast was fabulous and extremely tasty, not to mention overlooking a lovely view of the beach from the dining area. Ordering room service was simple, however when requesting one of the cold drinks on the menu, I was spoken to as if I was mad and told that they do not serve that drink (the drink is very popular and is found everywhere in Israel). I ordered the salmon with rice and salad and onion soup. It was very tasty however just as I was coming to the end of my salmon, it did taste a little unusual and a couple of mornings later (the day I was leaving, just before going to the airport), I unexpectedly felt very queasy which may have been from the food however I obviously can not be sure of this.
The hotel is very well located and I would consider staying there again if I was able to get a similar rate to my first visit. I have noticed some comments from other TA members regarding the unfriendliness of the staff and while this is only something I experienced from one or two at the front desk, I think this is something that is extremely important and should be immediately addressed as it gave me a negative vibe of the hotel after only being inside it an hour! Staff in the lobby restaurant were extremely friendly and attentive and couldn't have done more to help. I enjoyed my stay, however given the choice I would rather stay next door at the Carlton which I simply cannot fault!

Room Tip: Rooms on floors 1-7 have not been renovated so if possible, I would advise staying on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo