“Best Hotel at the Best Location”
Review of Dan Tel Aviv Hotel

Dan Tel Aviv Hotel
Ranked #51 of 101 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed September 28, 2009

The hotel was renovated. I got a big Deluxe room. the fron desk was very good. the service is second to none. I loved the in-door pool and the food.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank David8037

Reviewed September 3, 2009

Though I usually say at the Sheraton, this time it was the Dan. While a few of the rooms could be updated, the overall property was very nice and exceeded my needs. The room was spacious and well equipped with 2 TVs, built in radio (bathroom), a good layout and functional decor. At first, things like the lighting and the mural on the ceiling were a bit odd, but I ended up liking it quite a bit. The main dining room has great views of the beach and, for breakfast, was quite good though it carried typical kosher fair, so no meats. The staff was friendly and helpful, even with Madonna in the building, I never had an issue getting service. Though it may not be as "new" looking as other hotels I have stayed in, the layout, function of the property and the staff made up for it.

There is a small fitness center on site, but the hotel has an arrangement to use a nearby gym that is very good.

The biggest drawbacks for me were that the internet seems overpriced and that parking is privately run (must park and retrieve your car yourself), though it is under the hotel and reasonable cost.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 26, 2009

Recently returned from my 4th trip to Tel Aviv, my first staying the Dan. OH was working so for most of the time I was on my own. We were upgraded to an executive room on arrival. The room itself was fine, a little dated but large with fantastic views across to the beach. Being upgraded we had access to the club lounge - a real bonus with free internet and free flowing drinks and snacks throughout the day and the most wonderful views of the beach across the road. The staff in the lounge were most attentive and even if you're in a standard room in my opinion it is worth paying the extra to get access to the lounge.

Breakfast in the main restaurant was outstanding with fresh plentiful fare and avid staff replenishing items with lightning speed. The only gripe I found, as has been mentioned before, is the rather random and haphazard way the staff dart around the room with coffee/tea/orange juice, missing out tables along the way. One morning I twice asked for orange juice which never materialised.

I ate dinner in the main lobby bar once and the food was fine, portions large.

I had a massage in the spa one day which was ok.

The pool area is well maintained with lots of sunbeds. One time I had to go to the pool reception desk and ask for a sunshade to be moved near me (they are heavy, don't try to move them yourself!) This was done immediately and the young man checked with me to make sure it was in the right position - brilliant! There is a small snack area just inside near the pool reception desk - I never purchased food there but did go once or twice for ice cold drinks.

The people of Tel Aviv are genuinely friendly and I felt extremely safe walking around day or night as a woman on my own.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay at the Dan again and 100% recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2009

Have just come back from a 6 day stay at the Dan, one of the Leading Hotels of the World. Unfortunately, I feel there is considerable room for improvement. Some of the rooms have been renovated but the Executive Sea View Rooms where we stayed have not. The view from the room was excellent but the rooms, themselves, are in serious need of modernisation, particularly the bathrooms. We were firstly given a room with a shower over the bath - not expected in a 5 star luxury hotel and also as E-Dan members we would expect the best rooms in the category. We were then offered one of the renovated city rooms or a suite - at a small (!) cost of $150 per day! We were then offered a larger executive room with a separate shower - but I understand there are only a few of these. Corridor carpets were stained and house-keeping was a bit hit and miss - face flannels missing occasionally, curtains not in position and turn down service meant the quilt was taken off the bed. I would suggest that it would be a good idea if a supervisor made occasional visits - done all the time at the Dan Eilat.
Having said the above, the staff were a delight. Guest relations were always on hand to help and sorted things out immediately, pool staff were extremely attentive ensuring guests had everything they needed and making sure they did not become dehydrated in the heat. The executive staff were in a class of their own - brilliant, and the food both in the dining room and executive lounge was marvellous.
We prefer to go to Dan hotels in Israel but the Dan Tel Aviv? Would we go again? - probably not until the sea view rooms are renovated and represent better value in this highly expensive hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2009

The Dan, Tel Aviv, like the King David in Jerusalem have accommodation and service to a science. The hotels are run efficiently, with an emphasis on the guests and their needs. Whenever we travel in Israel, we choose a Dan hotel because we are assured that our needs will be met. We do not have to ask. If you have to ask for service, you're in the wrong hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2009

We just returned fom a 4-night stay at the Dan Tel Aviv. I had stayed there years ago as a child with my parents and had good memories of it. But the current state of the hotel was most impressive. The hotel is in agreat location, central in Tel Aviv and also on the beach, with wonderful views of the Mediterranean. For a hotel that has been around for so many years, it was refurbished and sparkles as a modern hotel with much tradition. The breakfast buffet is the best we had, not only in Israel but ingeneral. However, what stood out above all was the warmth of the staff throughout our stay. When we checked in we were told that the hotel's goal was to treat us like "family" and in all respects this was achived. We will return to this hotel and heartilly recomment it to other visitors, both business and pleasure. In this regard, we also suggest access to the club facilities, with their businessamenities and the opportunity to take a break and sit for a snack and take in the view of the sea in between the day's activities.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2009

When I read all the reviews of Tel Aviv hotels I could not find a stand-out so I went back and forth about where to stay. I am so glad I settled on the Dan Tel Aviv. If being right on the Mediterranean Sea is what matters to you, pick this place and pick an Executive Sea View room. They are pricy, but if you can afford it I think it will be worth it. There is no balcony (but it was too hot to sit on a blacony when I was there!) but there are floor to ceiling windows with the sea right there, everytime you come in the room! Also, at that category of room you get use of the business lounge, with food all day long and free computers. (This is in addition to the full buffet breakfast that comes with the room).

There is quite a bit of unrenovated shabbiness in the hotel, especially in the public areas. The furniture in the room was also a bit worn. Those things might bother me at a different hotel, but the plusses so outweighed the minuses here that I was willing to overlook those things.

The pool scene is also fabulous. Both indoor and outdoor pools, and both long enough to swim laps. If you stay here but cannot afford the sea view rooms, then just go the pool deck, especially at sunset, to have the magnificient sea laid out before you. The dining room where breakfast is served also has a great view.

The location is also great for walking in the city. I enjoyed ice cream at Iceberg's, five minutes away on Ben Yehuda Street. And on the way there is a great frozen yogurt place if you're watching calories!

I spent two nights here at the beginning of my Israel travels and decided to return for three more nights at the end. Before I made the second reservation I asked if the hotel would comp my transportation to the airport for my flight home and they said yes. This saved me the equivalent of about $35.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business