“Good Hotel”

Ranked #46 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Simpsonville, SC
“Good Hotel”
Reviewed December 19, 2008

We had an ocean view room. Yes, it was aged but was clean and satisfied us. The food was outstanding for buffet. We were really overwhelmed with the food.

• Liked — The Food
  • Disliked — It is a large hotel
  • Stayed December 2008
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
New York
Reviewed December 18, 2008

The Dan Tel Aviv stands above the rest in providing a warm, personal touch in a city that is not always known for service. Have been staying at this hotel for more than 25 years and always go back due to the warm hospitality of long employed staff such as the Director of Guest Services (Inbal) and the Concierge (Sabi). The General Manager (Mr. Sudri) of the hotel is always on site and ensures that staff makes note and takes action on guest complaints.

The Club Lounge is definitely the best in Tel Aviv in terms of food and drink all day although lounge staff could be more attentive and friendly but depends on the day of the week.

Dan Hotels in Israel are known for their food and the La Regence restaurant is really one of the best in Israel. People may shy away from it as it is in a hotel but pricewise its actually quite reasonable for Tel Aviv considering the quality of the meal and excellent service.

Rooms, hallways and all public areas are spotless and maid service is always good throughout the hotel. Seaside rooms are comfortable and modern but probably now need updating as City View Rooms have entered a more modern era with renovation. Suggestions for improvement include new bedding, better branded bathroom amenities (even though they are supposedly Dead Sea Products). To echo a recent review, tea and coffee making facilities in the rooms would be appreciated.

Looking forward to my return shortly.

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — Pricey
  • Stayed February 2008
Israel
Reviewed December 18, 2008

I recently stayed the the Dan Tel Aviv Hotel, for a convention that took place there. I live in Israel and yet it was my first time inside the hotel.
I was very happy with the room that I got, although it wasn't a sea view room it was very comfortable and recently renovated.
The front desk clerks were very nice and polite, and the breakfast buffet presented a very wide selection with a quite good service.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
Hove, East Sussex
Reviewed December 9, 2008

I have stayed in several other hotels in Tel Aviv and thought this one was very good. Very comfortable room and good facilities. The staff were also helpful and friendly.
Just a couple of suggestions that would improve it: tea making facilities in room and the business lounge being open slightly longer hours. However, both of those a bit nitpicking. I enjoyed the experience of being there and would certainly go again.

• Liked — large and comfortable room with lovely view
  • Disliked — would have liked tea/coffee making equipment
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
london
Reviewed December 1, 2008

I had previously stayed at the Hilton Tel Aviv, but fortunately could not get in there and decided to stay at the Dan. What a wonderful experience - the hotel was extremely comfortable, i had an amazing suite with a huge terrace, and even when returning unexpectedly to Tel Aviv at the end of my trip to Israel i stayed in a regular double room which was excellent. The staff were so friendly and obliging and the executive lounge was quiet and the constant amount of food and beverages available were marvellous. All in all a tremendous city hotel in a great position and in future i will only be staying there. In fact i am returning in January and have cancelled the Hilton and am staying at the Dan again - cant wait!!

Stayed November 2008
london, england
Reviewed November 20, 2008

The good points: Great location; central yet virtually on the beach. Executive lounge that is open all day, well stocked both food and beverage wise, friendly staff and free internet access which, unlike its sister hotel in Haifa, does not require a member of staff to log you on. Housekeeping staff did a good job throughout our 7 day stay and we never had a problem getting our room done

The bad points: booking an executive room does not mean you get a better room, just access to the executive lounge. And a sea view room means you're in a tired 1970's style room with a duvet that just covers the bed when it's unoccupied. The double glazing is inadequate and we were woken up many times each night by passing traffic which as anyone who has made several visits to Israel knows means a lot of loud horn sounding! Worse of all was the arrogance and unpleasantness of the Reception staff. At check-in I was told that accommodation charges had been paid upfront through my travel agent. At check-out the same member of staff who had checked me in presented me with a bill for accommodation. When I contested this and reminded him not only what he had said when we checked in but that I had given him a voucher from my travel agent his reply was that the voucher only confirms booking of the room not payment. I have never experienced this problem at any other hotel anywhere in the world. Eventually he called the travel agent in Israel who apparently had dealt with the booking and the matter was resolved. An unpleasant experience

The dining room service for breakfast is a bit hit and miss when it comes to getting coffee and orange juice as both have to be served and the staff do not seem to have any method in the way they serve each table; darting all over the place and walking straight past you without noticing that neither your coffee cups or orange juice glasses have anything in them

During the majority of our stay there was no service in the Dan Cafe and the accompanying lounge. This was a problem when 9 of my wife's Israeli cousins came to see us and we couldn't even offer them a drink.

We've stayed at the Hilton in the past, although it's a bit further north we consider it a much better hotel

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — reception staff
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
Oslo
Reviewed November 18, 2008

I booked Dan Hotel Tel Aviv for 2 nights in August. It was confirmed by phone, and they sent me two emails thereafter to ensure me how thrilled they were to have me stay with them and how much they were looking forward to it. HA HA! I arrived at 5 am in the morning directly from the airport, just to find that my USD 600 suite room was not available. They were overbooked! Even though they had all my contact details, they did not have the decency of sending me an sms or anything. Istead they waited for me to come completely drained from a long flight, just to very arrogantly tell me that I had to go to the Dan Hotel Panorama instead. They hailed a cab for me outside and pushed me into it. I have never experienced anything like it, and I have 150 travel days a year. Needless to say, the Dan Hotel Panoram is not as nice. It has not been redecorated for years, and they put me in a room where the carpet was in shreds, and the bathroom started leaking from the ceiling so I could not use it. I complained, and they sent someone to fix it eventually, resulting in buckets and towels all over the place, but too late for me to freshen up for dinner. Lots of bad happened, and for the first time I made a complaint, all the way to the guest manager, however, they would not refund anything or admit to any wrong doing. Seems like you must expect to be moved early in the morning, to a room of far lesser quality than you paid for, and please do not expect your room to be in order. I received no discount and no pardons. It's quite shocking to me how some people and establishments can stay in business. I have told everybody I know about this awful experience and will continue to do so. Please spread the word. The Dan Hotels in Tel Aviv are a disgrace to The Leading Hotels chain, and you should not stay there!!

• Liked — Leaving it!
  • Disliked — It's a dump! with no customer service!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business