“Best dining experience”

Ranked #46 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Best dining experience”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I was actually staying at the Crown Plaza nearby, but went in with a lady-friend that evening to the Dan Tel Aviv Hotel to view that Tel Aviv landmark. We were greeted by someone in the lobby at a small table who warmly greeted us in English and served us champagne. Wow! That was a first for me.

He invited us for dinner at the Hayarkon restaurant in the hotel, presenting us with a menu to peek at. It looked appetizing, so we agreed and made a reservation for dinner that same evening.
We arrived at the Hayarkon restaurant at 7:30pm and were greeted in perfect English by the same individual who provided us with the most graceful, professional and hospitable service that I have ever experienced in any restaurant in Israel in my countless trips here. I compare the service to the level of my favorite "The Yorke Arms" Restaurant near home in the UK. It was amazing encountering this level of service in Israel! The food was marvelous for kosher fare, but the care and attention we received overshadowed even the terrific cuisine. The steak and fish my companion and I ate were exquisite and the wine suggested by our host was divine and exactly as he promised.

As per my opinion, in a country sometimes found scant in its service, this Hayarkon restaurant stands out as a pillar of excellence in that regard. Thank you Hayarkon restaurant for the best dinner I have ever experienced in Israel.

P.S. I ate there twice that week before my departure back home, being addicted to the wonderful dining experience provided by that fine gentleman who greeted us at the lobby entrance of the Dan Tel Aviv hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
DanHotelsIsrael, Guest Relations Manager at Dan Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Thank you so much "wal r" for your lovely words and for sharing your fine-dining experience with the rest of the world.
We are so glad you enjoyed our hospitality and restaurant service; can't wait to welcome you back as our hotel guest so you could enjoy all of our facilities.
P.S. you have to try our famous Israeli-Breakfast!
Looking forward to welcome you back,
Tal, Naor and the Guest Relations team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2014

The hotel itself is in a really great location and the rooms were clean and comfortable....However, I thought for the price you pay the communal areas are just pretty basic! The breakfast room was always freezing cold and selection was mediocre. The pool area was just the worst...The sunbeds were uncomfortable,the pool was cold, It was VERY windy by the pool to the point where I thought 'sod it' and left and my hair and towel kept smacking me in the face...the indoor pool felt like a public bath and really was not nice. Wifi connection was terrible too in the public area and they make you pay if you want to use wifi in your rooms, bit of a joke I say when paying the high rates......I would pay a few extra pounds and stay at the Hilton!

Room Tip: ask for a newly refurbished room !
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gemsy83
DanHotelsIsrael, Guest Relations Manager at Dan Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Thank you Gemsy83 for sharing your thoughts and words of encouragement and growth; it is through comments from our guests that we are able to develop and your feedback is greatly appreciated.
We wanted to inform you of a new feature; as of now, all guests receive complimentary wifi throughout all Dan hotels, in rooms and public areas, so we hope this will add to the experience of your next opportunity to stay with us.
We'd be delighted to have the chance to welcome you back and invite you to be directly in touch with me so that I may oversee your reservation details personally.
with thanks,
Tal Glozman
Guest Relations Manager
New York
Reviewed March 31, 2014

The Dan Tel Aviv strives to be a "home away from home" for its new and returning guests and a recent stay solidified that feeling for this returning guest. Outstanding food and beverage throughout the hotel which improves every year. Management is always around and always looking to improve. Seaside rooms have been "refreshed" and while housekeeping can be "hit and miss" with amenities the rooms and public areas are spotless. Breakfast is outstanding and chef restaurant "99 Hayarkon" is world class , setting a standard that should be upheld by kosher restaurants around the world. Keep up the good work...Will definitely return and recommend to all looking for a quality stay in Israel

Room Tip: Seaside rooms with access to King David Lounge worth any extra dollars
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
WOW "lawflyer"!
Thank you so much for your wonderful comment and for sharing it with the rest of the world!
It is so nice to know we gave our guests the perfect vacation-experience!
Come again soon for business or pleasure!
Looking forward to welcome you back,
Tal, Naor and the Guest Relations Team.
Suffern, New York
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I have stayed many years at the Dan Tel Aviv. Under this current management it still continues to improve. In my opinion ,it is the best in Tel Aviv. It has the best food, a courteous and helpful staff, and now even free WIFI. Can't wait to return

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank geraudm
DanHotelsIsrael, Guest Relations Manager at Dan Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Thank you so much geraudm for your wonderful review and sharing your experiences with other travelers.
We're so happy to bring our guests a superior product and elegant comfort and now with complimentary wifi throughout the hotel, all the convenient amenities a modern day traveler anticipates.
Looking forward to see you next time,
Tal Glozman
Guest Relations Manager
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the Dan Tel Aviv hotel. The location is great within walking distances of restaurants and shops. The hotel is extremely clean, confortable, and the staff are excellent. The Business Lounge is perfect for relaxing after a full day of work and meetings.
Rooms are nice and comfortable - shower was excellent.
One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in considering price and location. Throughly enjoyed my stay, and will stay again on my next trip to Israel.
Shalom.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your kind words Robert and for letting other travelers know of your experiences with us; it is through feedback from our guests that we are able to develop and other potential guests learn of our facilities.
We are so delighted that everything worked well for you and will be looking forward to welcome you back again soon,
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

One of the most wonderful experience I've ever had at a hotel, from the amazing staff to the well appointed room and the delicious breakfast! Can't wait until May, I will be returning with my husband and my sister. Amazing Hotel and Amazing City!!!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Beeniea
Dear Beeniea,
Wow! What a lovely comment!
Not just that you enjoyed our hotel but that you'll be coming back so soon!
We'll be excitedly waiting to welcome you back and just advise to join the e-dan club to benefit from being part of the 'Dan Family'
See you soon,
Best regards,
Valencia, Spain
Reviewed March 18, 2014

The Hotel is very good placed in the center of the Tel-Aviv. The rooms and the cleanness are superb. Wifi is know free of charge.
All the staff is very helpful and always with a smile. Even they help you if you get problems to get connected to Internet.
The Business Lounge is a perfect room to meet customer in an informal atmosphere and very good appetizers and drinks.
If you have time the beach is just behind and is a good time to swim even in winter.
So it is my preferred hotel in Tel-Aviv

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
DanHotelsIsrael, Guest Relations Manager at Dan Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Thank you so much Javier, Gracias!
We're so glad to know that we have become your preferred hotel in Tel Aviv and that you enjoyed all the amenities that we have to offer.
Our indoor and outdoor pools are a great hit with guests and now offering complimentary wifi throughout the hotel, we are sure we will become more travelers favorite hotel here in Tel Aviv.
Looking forward to the next time to welcome you,