“Very good hotel in a great location - but with minor hiccups”
Review of Dan Tel Aviv Hotel

Dan Tel Aviv Hotel
Ranked #50 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stayed for the second time at the Dan Hotel for three nights during a business trip to Tel Aviv. Overall, my impression was positive. However, when staying in a 5* hotel, obviously, one's expectations are high and there are minor details which I could mention as drawbacks.
During my stay, maintenance of some kind was carried out overnight and I was informed in writing that inconvenience might be caused. Bad timing meant that I returned from dinner just after the lifts had been shut down (for maintenance). Finding the stairs to the 4th floor wasn't as easy as one might imagine and it was apparent that the member of staff that pointed me in their direction, was exactly sure either.
On the same evening - and due to the scheduled maintenance - the air conditioning wasn't working. In a humid city like Tel Aviv, this does make a difference.
On a more positive note, , the breakfast plentiful and well laid-out and the staff is courteous and polite (even at 4.30am when I checked out on my day of departure).
I did not used many of the hotel's facilities and therefore cannot express opinion.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
DanHotelsIsrael, Guest Relations Manager at Dan Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Dear Mileclocker,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts following your recent stay with us; through guest feedback we are able to develop our offering for the future.
Howver much we plan and prepare prepare guests for necessary maintenance, it is always a regret when this affects a guests overall enjoyment of the hotel. While it comes a little late to rectify for you this time, these were necessary updates and procedures carried out on one night to ensure our guests comfort for the remainder of the season and throughout the year.
We sincerely thank you for your patience during this time and invite you to be directly in touch should you have any future stays, so that we can ensure that you or any other guests are thoroughly informed.
Moreover, we are delighted that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet and all other aspects of the hotel and greatly look forward to the next opportunity to welcome you back.
With best regards for now,
Raheli Mulla
Guest Relations Manager
Raheli.Mulla@danhotels.com

There are newer reviews for Dan Tel Aviv Hotel

Reviewed August 20, 2013

The Dan Tel Aviv is by far one of the best hotels in Israel.

Having recently undergone a tasteful renovation and upgrade, all aspects of the hotel from the lobby/reception, restaurants and business lounge to the rooms themselves are are of the highest quality. The roof-top pools are spacious and look over Tel Aviv's beach skyline towards Jaffa.

Simona at the front desk is an absolute credit the the Dan collection of properties, as is Aliza in the Business Lounge, Lee in the restaurant and their F&B manager. The buffet style breakfast is hands down one of the most extensive to be found anywhere with a delightful assortment of cuisines from all around the world.

I stayed for business and it exceeded all my needs. I will return again and again to this marvel by the sea.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on a Bussiness conference. The welcome was good and the rooms were already arranged for the whole party of visitors. Rooms were a little old fashioned and could do with some renovating. We went to the lounge bar and the service was terrible, we had to look for somebody for assistance and even when they finally came and got our order it took them a very long time to serve us ( defiantly not 5 star service ). Also another great disappointment was although I had place the do not disturb sign on the door, the maid came and opened the door at 7:30 in the morning and again after about 20 minutes ! Price is very expensive but I wouldn't of mind paying if it had really 5 star service.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
DanHotelsIsrael, Guest Relations Manager at Dan Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear Vasos D,
We're very appreciative to you for taking the time to share your thoughts, following your recent stay with us; it is through feedback such as this that we can develop our offering.
Throughout the hotel, every effort is made to ensure the highest levels of guest experience, from housekeeping to service, at all times so it is always a regret when we hear a guest feels that we have fallen short.
While it comes a little late to rectify for you ths time, we have been sure to take on board all comments made, especially with regards to the Business lounge offerings and housekeeping service; thank you for highlighting these areas to us.
We'd hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back in the near future for an improved impression; as such, invite you to be in touch directly so that I may have the opportunity to monitor your reservation personally.
With best regards for now,
Raheli Mulla
Guest Relations Manager
raheli.mulla@danhotels.com

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Kudos to Guest Relations Pros, Lior Gal and Hen Shahar at the Dan Tel Aviv for
their outstanding service. Hotel has been renovated and is gorgeous. Housekeeping excellent and food in Hayarkon 99 Restaurant, as well as the Lounge was delicious and interesting. Concierge very helpful with so much to see in lively Tel Aviv.
Dan is still the best for this city on the sea.
Zelda S

Room Tip: Seaview renovated rooms with floor to ceiling windows are the very best.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2013

For three weeks this summer, The Dan Tel Aviv was our home away from home.
Dan Tel Aviv can be compared to the Waldorf Astoria (although it is much smaller). It is an old classic with the finest amenities and services.
The executive room with the sea view is spectacular. I don’t think people understand how beautiful Tel Aviv is until they go there. The Israeli Breakfast is delicious, and very clean. The executive lounge is a bonus to relax and have a drink or a little meal. Dan Tel Aviv is centrally located directly across from the beach promenade (great location to just about everything) and the pool area and fitness room are nice to use the end of the day.
From our initial reception at the hotel to our departure, the services at Dan Tel Aviv are impeccable. The entire staff from reception, lounge services to breakfast hosts are polite, and professional. Whether it to make dinner reservations, receive extra towels, or has shakshuka at breakfast, the staff is there to please.
The day managers (Ifrat(not sure of spelling) and Lior) were exceptional in making sure we enjoyed our entire stay.
It is an elegant, clean and truly a 5 star hotel experience.
FYI, 1 minute past the American Embassy is Zion Schnitzel, fabulous for a snack.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I travel a lot for business so I have been to many hotels in my life and the Dan Aviv Tel is one of the best hotels I have stayed in and the best hotel I have stayed in tel aviv for sure. This place has everything you need and even though it is a business hotel the staff gives you the feeling of a family inn with a warm welcome and a smile where ever you go and this is the biggest advantage of this place comparing to the other big and cold hotels in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I have been in this wonderful hotel many times and without a doubt this is the best hotel in tel aviv! Great service, great food, great view, great location, what more can you ask. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2013