4 people are viewing this hotel
Expedia.com$518
Hotels.com$518
Priceline$518
2,721 results
All reviews vista lounge the executive lounge diamond member pool staff mediterranean sea sea view breakfast buffet is ahava israel concierge jaffa boardwalk tel balconies rachel tlv port
Selected filters
Reviewed October 25, 2019

A TLV landmark hotel, enjoying a prominent location on the beachfront and within walking distance, or a short taxi ride of most destinations. Room was comfortable if non descript and a bit boxy. The bathroom was smart and must have been refurbished quite recently. Good sea and city views from the 12th floor. We had access to the Club lounge which could be a bit crowded but was a nice place to chill out with snacks and drinks available at all times. The swimming pool gets very busy with towels on the loungers from dawn onwards. However the pool staff were very efficient finding spaces and setting up the umbrellas. Breakfast was an amazing buffet with a huge choice and a real highlight of the stay. On the downside, the 1960s building is well maintained but fraying at the edges, especially doors and wood fittings. There are only 4 lifts, which meant some long waits and guest frustration. All the staff we encountered were helpful. The Hilton gets very hectic at times, especially at weekends. This is a place perhaps best suited for families with young children. If you are looking to sample the Tel Aviv hipster vibe, you will probably want to stay downtown or in Jaffa. Overall a comfortable stay but not a particularly memorable experience.

Room tip: Best views are Jaffa facing and on upper floors.
Date of stay: October 2019
hilton_israel, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2019

Dear Michael A,

Thank you for your positive comments on this website and I wanted to personally respond and thank you. Please accept my sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience you had encountered while staying with us.. I can assure you that this is not the norm at our hotel and is certainly not the level of service we strive to provide to our customers. Please be assured I have shared your comments with our team for review and action.
We look forward to welcoming you to back to Hilton Tel Aviv in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed October 24, 2019

Depressing room, rude staff, tired accommodations. The hotel claims there are renovations throughout, yet the rooms themselves have 25 year old carpet, cheap furniture, and dark, gloomy, and overall neglected. Staff doesn't really try to make anything better. Relies on statements such as, "I'm sorry" and "We are fully booked". Will spend my money elsewhere for future travels.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Margeaux U,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of Hilton Tel Aviv.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the discomfort you mention in your review. I was sorry to read about your negative experience.

All in all, it seems that this was definitely not one of our finest moments and you have raised a number of points which we will need to work on.

We appreciate your constructive feedback, as this will help us to improve the level of service at Hilton Tel Aviv. I do hope you had a chance to enjoy our city and its beaches, restaurants and culture, so your visit to our country will still be connected to positive memories after all.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 21, 2019

Really really great location, staff is excellent, breakfast is fabulous, pool is amazing. Only downside is children under 16 aren't allowed into Executive Lounge. This is the first Hilton we've stayed at with this policy. My children (now 8&10) travel around the world with us and are far-better behaved and far-less disruptive than some of the casual visitors we saw in the lounge.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Erik V,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Tel Aviv for your stay in Israel and for your kind comments.

I am happy to read that you have enjoyed most of your stay with us and that you appreciated the service and location of our hotel.

We look forward to welcome you again and to meet your expectations again in creating a perfect holiday experience for you so we will get the 5 stars ranking right after.

Warm regards,

Reviewed October 20, 2019 via mobile

Great Location & Lounge: REST is AVERAGE at best.

I will speak of the little bit of good first. Location of the hotel is literally a 5 minute walk down to the beach which is great. Few little beach side restaurants and a track to run bike & exercise up and down the beach. Very nice - hence location. They even had a plate of fruit and wine set out for me in my room cause of my status which I thought was nice, but little did I realize it wasn’t gonna get much better.

Now the executive lounge itself was great, quite busy but the service in the lounge especially I thought was exceptional particularly because of a tall fella by the name of URIYA that was working. Wow!!!! Now there are good employees and then there’s EXCEPTIONAL people like URIYA that turn a mediocre stay into something fantastic. You can not duplicate this man enough, especially in Israel where service suffers greatly. There was salmon/ fish/ excellent pasta/ salads/ fruits/ vegetables/ cheese beer/ wine... a little of everything. In fact they have a wine that’s specifically made for Hilton by this particular winery called Barkan. Most hotel wines aren’t the greatest but I thought this wine better than average. I asked Uriya about it and he informed me of the details of the wine the winery and why they have it: it was a great conversation. Two nights in a row I ate, snacked and dined in the lounge because of the selection and because of Uriya. Most lounge attendants fill food and drink but few offer to get you more water or something else to drink despite its self serve, incredibly accommodating. THANK YOU URIYA- you my friend are exactly why I would come back to this hotel.

Now, for all the other unfortunate mess.

Breakfast was an absolute mess. They tell you breakfast is on the -1 floor. You go there- it’s closed. You walk back up and then they send you a whole other direction walking around and down this very long hallway to some outdoor breakfast area. There were sooo many people, beyond crowded and no where to sit really outside, luckily a few open seats inside. I wait in the omelette line for over 20 minutes - just to get an omelette. I finally get to the front of the line, and the chef drops eggs in all 4 pans and starts cooking, doesn’t say a word to me or even acknowledge me. Finally after ignoring me for a couple minutes pretending like I’m not there I say “excuse me sir I’m confused, are these for someone else?” To which he gives me an abrupt put out look and mumbles to be patient while looking away, like I’m being an impatient a-hole. Common courtesy chef! It ain’t hard. You simply tell the customer, “I’ll be with you in one second sir, I have to get these four dishes out, thank you for your patience.” How hard is that? Instead you treat a guy who’s waited patiently for over 20 minutes to eat your mediocre omelette, like a jerk because he doesn’t want to wait 30 minutes. Jesus dude. I’m sure you deal with difficult people at times but the problem is you doesn’t know how to treat the good ones. This chef lacked severely in customer service edicate, hospitality and rapport. It was a huge let down. Not to mention the wait staff were arguing in Hebrew with manager type people in suits, can’t say the unprofessional banter added to my experience.

Now the breakfast spread overall for was pretty impressive and pretty diverse, but I was so turned off by the omelette chef, and arguing of the staff, the quality of the spread was almost irrelevant and I just wanted to finish eating and leave from such a terrible experience and service.

The elevator system was surprisingly frustrating. At first it seemed kinda cool. You scan your card to get an elevator, the panel shows all the floors on a screen and you select your floor and then the screen tells u which one of 4 elevators to take. Seemed kinda high tech and resourceful until I had to wait 13 minutes for an
Elevator. The system is good in intention but completely inefficient in functionality as there’s only 4 elevators and everyone is crowded like sheep at the elevator waiting and waiting and waiting. If you had to wait 5 minutes for your elevator, you got lucky- which is sad.

I hope you don’t have to mail a simple post card because it’s not simple. Went to the front desk to buy stamps for post cards, they referred me to the concierge. I go to the concierge to buy stamps with credit card, they inform me that I cannot, and that I can only charge to the room or pay cash. Due to the nature of my work personal things must be paid separately and can not be put on the room bill. So I ask for ATM of which they inform me there is none. However 30 feet to the left at the front desk they offer the same exchange rate to let u take out cash. Ok cool- I guess. So I then take the cash and go back over to the concierge to pay for stamps with cash from the front desk because they can’t set up a simple credit card terminal at the concierge desk 30 feet away like they already have at the front desk. Seems unnecessarily difficult.

The rooms ac units are not very good at all. I turned it to the lowest temperature possible and still sweat in my sheets both nights. After the first day I saw a maintenance type person in my floor and asked em to look at the unit and she said it was was working. So the units just don’t work well.

The hotel gym has weird hours like 8-6 or 8-8 Depending on the day. Definitely not 24 hours which is huge for some of us that have to work and sleep at crazy hours. There’s a fitness trainer and gym attendant that’s gangs around. Equipment is decent, a little better than average hotel gym. It’s next to a spa/ massage place which seems nice but is expensive.

The maintenance guys were cleaning the lobby floor with their machine and I had just come in from a run. I politely tried
to walk outside and around where they were cleaning. They yelled in Hebrew and threw their hands up for me to go around (to which I’m like, I’m going around jerk, where else am I suppose to go?). It’s like he was mad at me for being a tourist despite I was polite and walked around. He yelled at me to do something I was already doing, and that makes no sense.

It’s a beach front hotel and you are definitely gonna be charged just that make no mistake. However if you compare to hotel prices to New York it’s about the same- difference is in New York you’re view is building and traffic, at least here you have a beach and the views from most rooms are a decent beach view.

There’s a couple nice shops- a florist and very expensive one of a kind art pieces for 50-$200,000. Beautiful work but Very expensive. Then they have this amazing shop of Isaraeli tupperware, cups, glasses kitchen and decorative pieces but again costs up to 6 figures some of them. Nice stuff but no souvenirs for the average working person.

There’s an outdoor deck to eat and dine and watch the sun rise or set which is nice- eve a smoking area off to the left of you want a good smoke.

I went to check out and printer broke. Took a long time for my invoice- however DANIEL at the front desk was extremely apologetic of the situation and very kind and calming to converse with. He knew I was already frustrated and was great in helping me keep my Cool.

Overall this hotel might appear 4 or 5 star but its just average because the 1 or 2 big things that are nice there are 6 or 7 smaller ones that aren’t good and that weighs heavy. The lounges and it’s attendant Uriya were excellent. Unfortunately, they are only a small piece of this massive and messy operation. Would I come back? Only for the lounge and go to the beach. But you can just as easily take your chances with 30 other hotels on the beach.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Hello JSwag15,

Thank you for taking time to share your detailed feedback with other travelers.

I am truly sorry to hear that we were unable to provide you with the ultimate stay and experience.
Please be assured I have shared your comments with our team for review and action. Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests.

Please be assured I have shared all your comments with our team for review and action. Your compliments to Uria are sppreciated and shared as well. Thank you !

Let us know when you are next returning so that we can personally oversee your booking to ensure a comfortable stay.

Reviewed October 20, 2019

Very nice hotel located next to the sea and sea water swimming pool. Comes with its own pool and lounge area. Room is a good size with balcony overlooking the sea and town. Breakfast is good. Hotel is walking distance to many restaurants and bars yet far enough to be in a beautiful quite spot next to the sea.

Room tip: on high floor
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Kim v

Hi Kim V,
Thanks for sharing your kind feedback with us, following your stay at our hotel. It is so rewarding for the team to be reminded of the positive impact their wonderful service has on our guests experience at Hilton Tel Aviv as they always endeavour to make it the best possible. We hope to have the pleasure of a welcoming you back again soon. Kind Regards, Hotel Management