Hilton Tel Aviv
Hotels.com
  • Pool
$332
  • Beachfront
Gordon Hotel & Lounge(Tel Aviv)(Great Value!)
$358
$333
$968
getaroom.com
2,100 results
All reviewsvista loungethe executive loungeahava productsdiamond membersalt water poolsushi restaurantturn down servicepool area ispool staffmediterranean seaold portsea viewbreakfast buffet isisraelconciergegymjaffa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 31, 2009

I stayed here with my wife for 12 nights in August 2009 for a holiday. We had read various mixed reviews, some negative and were somewhat apprehensive, but we were totally happy with our stay.
We had a refurbished executive plus room with a south facing view of the beach towards Jaffa. The hotel is situated by the beach, which is reached by a very short walk down a sloping path. One can easily and quickly stroll onto the promenade for a long walk. There are beachside cafes and water sports at this point. The hotel is also walking distance of all the other major hotels, shops and restaurants.
The rooms are clean and nicely appointed. Our room was quiet.
These particular rooms allow access to the executive lounge on the top floor with a panoramic view of the coastline. On this floor, there is also access to a balcony with café tables, so one may relax outside high up.
The executive lounge serves food and drink all day from breakfast to late. Each day we had afternoon tea on the outside balcony on the 17th floor with fresh cakes and fruit. The service is impeccable.
On the ground floor, there are several large outdoor areas. There is a patio outside the lounge overlooking the sea, where one may have a drink or meal. There is an outdoor café, where one may take breakfast or lunch.
There is a very large pool area with a lot of sun beds around the large swimming pool. This is filled with salt water but it is not too salty and one would not notice this particularly, apart from the extra buoyancy when swimming.
During August, the hotel was very full and busy, with a lot of French people. This produced a very smart and Mediterranean ambience, giving the illusion that one was in the south of France. However, one was in Israel, with the ease of eating kosher food.
On Friday night, we ate dinner in the banqueting hall, with over 600 other guests. The food was served from buffet stations around the room. This was excellent; roast lamb, veal, tongue and chicken were amongst the dishes. The atmosphere in the room was very jolly with many big family groups, each singing their traditional songs. The French ladies were very smartly dressed for Shabbat dinner, giving the illusion of being at a massive simcha. It was a wonderful evening.
We were planned to move on to Jerusalem later in our stay, but as we were having such a marvelously relaxing time, we changed our plans and stayed on at the Hilton Tel Aviv. The King Solomon restaurant in the hotel is an international gourmet experience and is worth visiting.
We had such a good time and such an enjoyable rest, that we cannot wait to return. Don’t believe everything you read in these sad, carping negative reviews. All the staff at all levels in the hotel tried hard and were very professional. Well done! No complaints, only praise.

1  Thank DRDICKMAZEL
mvmv, HEAD OF PR - HILTON ISRAEL at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2009

Hilton Tel Aviv is one of the busiest hotels of the Hilton family worldwide. Indeed August, is the pick season for the hotel, especially in the celebration of the centenary of this joyous city. Our team members are committed to the excellent service which we are proud of, year after year. It is very flattering for us to receive compliments. It is even greater to receive them when the hotel is full of guests and their families. Thank you.

Reviewed August 22, 2009

We stayed at the Hilton Tel Aviv for a week in August 2009. Our room was one of the refurbished Executive Plus rooms and the bathroom was stunning. I'd strongly recommend staying in one of the Executive rooms, as it gives to you free access to the Executive Lounge, where you can get free breakfast, snacks, dinner and drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic). It also has an outside terrace, with amazing views of Tel Aviv and the sea.

I've stayed at a number of Hilton premises, and the Hilton Tel Aviv is one of the best. The location of the hotel is great for the old port and it is situated adjacent to a fantastic beach. Overall, it's still probably the best overall hotel in Tel Aviv.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
mvmv, Head of PR - Hilton Israel at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2009

Hi FT,
Our Executive Plus rooms are indeed the jewel in the crown in our renovated hotel. We are currently offering 3 Executive Plus floors but this winter we will have more. Thanks for your review. Do visit Tel Aviv again and tell others how great our city is.

Reviewed August 21, 2009

I stayed at the TLV Hilton for one night in July 2009. I was planning on staying 2 nites but was so disappointed I left after a night. The door is very thin so you hear noise from the hall easily, and I couldn't fall asleep for awhile. When I told the staff they didn't care at all. It's an old hotel that ain't worth the high price. I had stayed several nights at the more modern David Intercontinental for roughly the same price and that hotel is 10 times better; I couldn't believe the difference. I did complain to Hilton once I got back to the US and they did take care of me, so I'll still stay at Hilton's. But avoid the Tel Aviv hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank McGee_7
Reviewed August 16, 2009

I need to preface my review by saying that I used Hilton Honors points to pay for the room so if I had shelled out a lot of money this might have changed my opinion of my stay. Hilton Honors members also receive nice perks such as free breakfast from 6am-10am and snack from 6pm-9pm (this was plenty for a dinner). Quite good food too! Hilton Honors guests are given an AHAVA gift set, wine and fresh fruit upon arrival.
The front desk staff was courteous. The Hilton Honors lounge staff was especially friendly and helpful.
While the hotel is not centrally located, it is on the beach providing beautiful views and a minute's walk to the water. Each room has a balcony which is a plus. After spending a day outside in the August heat it was nice being so close to the beach. The salt water pool is also big though a bit cold which I found refreshing.
The rooms are spacious, have flat screen tvs, but could use a more modern decor. Ahava products in the bathroom.
Cons: I would not recommend eating at the hotel's restaurants as the prices are outrageous. I was also disappointed that the gym cost $15 a day for guests.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
mvmv, Head of PR - Hilton Israel at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2009

Hi, Hope you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Tel Aviv. Thanks for your review. We are renovating all of our 583 rooms. Our top 4 floors are all done and we get very positive feedbacks. Do come again. Kindly write me if you need anything at; motti.verses@hilton.com

Reviewed August 2, 2009

Where do we start ? From the instant up-sell of a room (pay more if you dont want to face a gas station), or the Japanese restaurant which is more expensive than NOBU ? The bellboys who get lost en route to the room, or the gym which costs $25 to get into (even though this is supposedly a 4 star hotel). The business center which has years old computers, or the moldy rooms ? This is a horrible disgusting hotel and you'd be better off at a youth hostel. Seriously, if this hotel was $150-$200 per nite, it'd be fine but its simply a terrible place. As a sidenote, the pool was perhaps 55 degrees and way too cold to swim in, despite the 120 degree heat. Figure that one out. Seriously.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank JohnJohn1616
mvmv, Public Relations Mgr at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2009

Hi . Sorry to hear about the bad experience. However all of the 582 hotel rooms face the Meditreanean and have balconies, and the rooms are all renovated with the best equipment top Hilton hotels offer worldwide. August is the busiest time of the year with almost a full house occupancy. Our apologies for the inconvenience. I will be glad to hear more when e-mailing us directly to: motti.verses@hilton.com. Thank you.