“Stay Away”

Ranked #45 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Washington, DC
“Stay Away”
Reviewed August 21, 2009

I stayed at the TLV Hilton for one night in July 2009. I was planning on staying 2 nites but was so disappointed I left after a night. The door is very thin so you hear noise from the hall easily, and I couldn't fall asleep for awhile. When I told the staff they didn't care at all. It's an old hotel that ain't worth the high price. I had stayed several nights at the more modern David Intercontinental for roughly the same price and that hotel is 10 times better; I couldn't believe the difference. I did complain to Hilton once I got back to the US and they did take care of me, so I'll still stay at Hilton's. But avoid the Tel Aviv hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank McGee_7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York, NY
Reviewed August 16, 2009

I need to preface my review by saying that I used Hilton Honors points to pay for the room so if I had shelled out a lot of money this might have changed my opinion of my stay. Hilton Honors members also receive nice perks such as free breakfast from 6am-10am and snack from 6pm-9pm (this was plenty for a dinner). Quite good food too! Hilton Honors guests are given an AHAVA gift set, wine and fresh fruit upon arrival.
The front desk staff was courteous. The Hilton Honors lounge staff was especially friendly and helpful.
While the hotel is not centrally located, it is on the beach providing beautiful views and a minute's walk to the water. Each room has a balcony which is a plus. After spending a day outside in the August heat it was nice being so close to the beach. The salt water pool is also big though a bit cold which I found refreshing.
The rooms are spacious, have flat screen tvs, but could use a more modern decor. Ahava products in the bathroom.
Cons: I would not recommend eating at the hotel's restaurants as the prices are outrageous. I was also disappointed that the gym cost $15 a day for guests.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
mvmv, Head of PR - Hilton Israel at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this review, August 18, 2009
Hi, Hope you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Tel Aviv. Thanks for your review. We are renovating all of our 583 rooms. Our top 4 floors are all done and we get very positive feedbacks. Do come again. Kindly write me if you need anything at; motti.verses@hilton.com
nyc
Reviewed August 2, 2009

Where do we start ? From the instant up-sell of a room (pay more if you dont want to face a gas station), or the Japanese restaurant which is more expensive than NOBU ? The bellboys who get lost en route to the room, or the gym which costs $25 to get into (even though this is supposedly a 4 star hotel). The business center which has years old computers, or the moldy rooms ? This is a horrible disgusting hotel and you'd be better off at a youth hostel. Seriously, if this hotel was $150-$200 per nite, it'd be fine but its simply a terrible place. As a sidenote, the pool was perhaps 55 degrees and way too cold to swim in, despite the 120 degree heat. Figure that one out. Seriously.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank JohnJohn1616
mvmv, Public Relations Mgr at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this review, August 13, 2009
Hi . Sorry to hear about the bad experience. However all of the 582 hotel rooms face the Meditreanean and have balconies, and the rooms are all renovated with the best equipment top Hilton hotels offer worldwide. August is the busiest time of the year with almost a full house occupancy. Our apologies for the inconvenience. I will be glad to hear more when e-mailing us directly to: motti.verses@hilton.com. Thank you.
NYC
Reviewed August 1, 2009

I write this review from my "suite" in the Tel Aviv Hilton. Stayed here 2 weeks - The Tel Aviv Hilton is horrible. Rude staff. Disgusting rooms. Management is rude, and I say this as one who visits Israel 4 times a year. The Tel Aviv Hilton is over priced, (whoever heard of $700 suites but no gym use, $7 potato chips and $13 Red Bulls. Tel AViv HIlton - Avoid like the plague.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
6 Thank lovetravel13nyc13
London
Reviewed July 27, 2009

This hotel was recommended to us as one of the foremost in Tel Aviv. Marbled and carpeted public areas and rooms typical of international hotel chains of this sort. Service was competent, but not up to five-star standards. Ahava toiletries were generously supplied. Apparently the health club is frequented by Tel Aviv socialites, although some of the equipment was dusty and the staff seemed to have no idea how some of the machines worked.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 15, 2009

We spent our last three days in Israel at the Hilton Tel Aviv. We were told that the hotel had been renovated and this was important as we have allergies to mold. Our local, private company said NO MOLD and all was new and fresh. We arrived early evening to a patio that was being demolished and there was concrete on the patio and all over the windows. The working equipment was down on the ground ready for the workers the next morning. Because of the noise factor and the mess, we asked for another room. The room we got was just so bad. Mold all over the ceiling in the bathroom, no ventilation in the bathroom, rust on the fixtures, wallpaper in the bedroom bubbled from either age or moisture. The bathroom door did not stay open so we had to put a slipper under it. The door would hit your knees while sitting on the toilet. I cannot even explain the bedding. It was from 20 years ago and so unsanitary. Mostly a bare mattress. Spots on the carpet.
We asked for another room, but they said they were full. We tried, but they never moved us. Our room was $350 a night and we have since asked for a reimbursement, but were only offered a free night, if we ever return to Israel.
We have traveled the world and this was a very bad experience. We hope we do not have to ever experience a situation like this again.
We have photos to prove what I listed above.
Jackie Barbara, Houston, Texas

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RosieHouston
Leeds
Reviewed May 25, 2009

I paid well over the odds for a 'suite' which was basically a slightly larger version of the standard room but with the addded benefit of a sofa and a coffee table.
The staff are so rude and you feel that everything is putting them out. On the first day i ate at the retsaurant by the pool, the food and drinks took almost an hour, when they did arrive there wasnt even an apology from the waiter.
To top it all off I actually got ripped off by the hotel manager. On the second to last day I had a few friends back to my room, however they got sent back to their rooms by security for making too much noise. When I checked out of the hotel the hotel manager informed me that becuase of the noise we made they had to move one of the guests to another room and that i had to pay $400 to compensate them. I said I would only be prepared to pay if they would show me a receipt or evidence that this was true, the manager refused and could not proove to me that this was the case. He did however make threats to me if I refused to pay, so unfortunately I had to hand this money over and to this day I am still astounded that I had money stolen off me by the Hilton.
AVOID!!