“Tel Aviv Hilton”

Ranked #44 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Dover, United States
“Tel Aviv Hilton”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Excellent choice! One of the best in the city. Clean, safe, friendly, on the sea, convienant to Jafa and the Port area for dining. Highest recommendation. Vista Club and Executive lounge are excellent bonus. Recommend all business travelers to stay at the Tel Aviv Hilton. Only downs side is no shuttle to the airport. Many trusted taxis services are available. Safe travels.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

hiltonTA, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear Troy B,

Thank you for the review and for choosing our hotel.
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the facilities and services we provide and for recommending the hotel to other travellers.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,
avidan.yaron@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, United States
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Wonderful experience. Staff is Customer Service based and made it a point to ensure my stay was pleasant. Executive Lounge was fantastic, the views of the sea were beautiful. The lobby was a fantastic place to meet, and socialize with other guest.

Dear valued guest,
Thank you for your business and for sharing your experience.
I am glad that you found a customer oriented staff and enjoyed the12th floor executive lounge, lobby and views.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,
Yaron.avidan@hilton.com
Round Rock TX
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Great security getting onto the property and smooth check in. Kind of pricey at $360 a night but this the going rate on the beach promenade. Checked into UPDATED room 832. Wow…..what a transformation from last time! Bathroom completely updated with a spa kind of feel with blue mood lighting on white coffered ceiling. Top of the line lotions, soap etc… Nice flat screen on new dress next to new glass tabled desk. View off the balcony is off the hook with gentle ocean breezes blowing thought the sheer drapes. Bed was great with lots of comfortable pillows. Beach is a short walk from elevator located on basement floor by pool. Make sure to bring room key to show the guard at the stairs to get back on property. Mini bar prices are kind of a joke, $7.50 for a small bottle of water?? Take the parking garage elevator to first floor and walk to your left up the ramp. There is a gas station mini-mart for goods a non-inflated prices for water, soda, snacks etc…. Taxies quote a flat rate to and from the airport. Make sure to ask how much when you get in. Location is great. This is the only place I stay when in Tel Aviv.

Room Tip: Ask for updated room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
hiltonTA, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear hookum,
Thank you so much for your recent stay and review.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed first and foremost your newly renovated room, especially the bathroom and the ameneties provided. I am glad that you also found the bed to be comfortable and enjoyed our location near the sea. It is worth mentioning for other guests that the sea gate from the pool will be closed until the spring, however it is still rather easy to get to the beach from the main entrance.

Your concern about the minibar rates will be discussed and reviewed by our senior management.

Thank you very much once again for your feedback, and we hope to have you back with us in the near future.

Belgium
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I have stayed at the Hilton Tel Aviv several times. Even thought it is a bit dated, it is still the best place at Tel Aviv beach to stay. If you like to stay in the city, then there are better places to stay. The rather high priced Hilton Tel Aviv does not justify the price, service is rather average, front desk staff needs better training. Most rooms have sea view. Some rooms are dated but being upgrated and renovated to my knowledge. Good pool and great out door terrasse. Have also stayed at the Sheraton Tel Aviv and service is much better. Staff seem to be better trained. 2 lounges, only the top floor lounge is very good. The lounge on the top floor is one of the best aspects at the Hilton. Also a great Japanese restaurant. After all, the Hilton Tel Aviv is still the most popular for American travelers and business people.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kai T
hiltonTA, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback and for telling us about your recent stay at the Hilton Tel Aviv.
I was happy to learn that you have enjoyed your stay in general, and thank you for your kind comments about our Premium Vista Lounge, outdoor terrace, Yakimono Japanese restaurant and staff.

We take your comments about the front desk very seriously. I can assure you that we will continue to invest in service training, so that the Hilton hospitality and brand promise is reached - every single time.

Feel free to contact me directly for your future booking or any further assistance at yaron.avidan@hilton.com.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 10, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Hilton Hotel in October for four days (four days too long!)

I will start with the positives:

1 Great Location - right on the beach
2 Amazing Views (assuming you look out to the sea and not onto the car park)
3 Nice rooms (as long as you book into one that has been refurbished in the last couple of years)

And now, the not so positives:

1 The lobby
Upon walking into the hotel lobby you might be mistaken into thinking you are at an airport check-in desk. It is noisy, busy, and the staff unable to cope.

2 The décor
Untouched for decades, it was like walking into a time machine back to the 1980's

3 The food
Amongst the worst I have experienced in any hotel, anywhere in the world. My wife and son both experienced food poisoning after sharing a meal in the hotel restaurant. We had to call out an emergency doctor. The hotel were more concerned with trying to clear themselves of any responsibility than they were with offering any form of apology or showing any empathy

4 The service
The amount of staff was totally inadequate for the size of hotel and number of guests. This was particularly notable at breakfast time when you couldn't hear yourself speak over the noise of people complaining

5 The staff
Rude, dismissive and incompetent – an unfortunate combination

6 Wifi
You have to pay to use the wifi

I could go on and on, but you probably get the idea. The Royal Beach is a much better alternative if you are looking to stay in this area

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Andrew B
hiltonTA, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Andrew B,

Thank you for sharing your feedback pertaining to your most recent visit with us. I sincerely regret to read that your hotel experience fell far below your expectations. I am pleased to learn that our management has already discussed these inconveniences with you, on property at the time of incident.
Firstly, I am sorry to hear that your wife and son fell ill while staying at the hotel. I am equally sorry to hear that you did not feel the hotel was empathetic towards this. Our guests are our #1 priority and it concerns me that our staff would make you feel otherwise. I truly apologize for this.

The hotel operates under strict food safety procedures and regulations without exception, and as soon as your concern was reported, the hotel acted promptly to investigate according to very detailed standards of operation we must follow: Our chef acquired the necessary information from you and a detailed report was issued. Food samples were collected at the same time and from the same items, and were sent to an independent laboratory. The results came back a few days later – with an 'All clear' without exception. We shared the results with you as soon as they were received.

In response to your comments on the internet, I am pleased to inform you that the hotel will be providing free internet in the guest rooms beginning 2014.

I hope that your wife and son have fully recovered from their sickness. It would be a privilege for us to welcome you back sometime in the future for an enjoyable stay that exceeds your expectations.

United States
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Our recent stay was very comfortable. The HHonors desk quickly checked me in and I was on my way. We usually book a Vista room so that we can have access to the Vista Lounge - the food and beverages offered there make for a very nice and quick breakfast and can also make for an adequate (and fast) dinner as well. The breakfast buffet downstairs is a bit pricey but then it really is an abundance of high quality food; so we usually stick to the vista lounge. All of the staff is friendly and helpful ...and if you speak English you will find that you can speak to everyone here.

The hotel does seem a little pricey but I feel safe and welcomed here and I am happy to be coming back next month.

Only odd thing was that I followed the signs down to the beach and was greeted with a locked gate - I realize that in my haste I forgot to mention this. If beach access is no longer available they should re-work their signs.

Dear Traveling_a_lot4fun,

Thank you very much for yet another stay and your review.

I was very pleased to read that you had such a nice stay here with a smooth and easy check in, friendly service and a warm welcome. It's good to know that you like the lounge food selection over for a quick dinner or breakfast.

Thank you very much once again, and we look forward to having you back next month.
Feel free to write to me directly at yaron.avidan@hilton.com should you need any assistance. It would be great to meet with you in person next time in town.

Warm regards,

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This is our 4th stay at the Hilton Tel Aviv. Room was newly renovated and had great view to Jaffa. Requested same room as previous vist and got it! Hotel well located on beach front and rooms have good views.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Dear cpf18,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.
It was our pleasure to welcome you back as a repeat guest.

I am pleased that once again, we were able to provide you with your prefered room, facing Jaffa with a nice sea view as requested.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Your loyalty is very much appreciated.