“Big Hotel Big property”

Ranked #44 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Minneapolis
“Big Hotel Big property”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The Hilton in Tel aviv lives up to the Hilton Standards that you expect from a high end resort in most categories. The Hotel was huge (newly expanded) but when they expanded it they forgot one thing elevators there are 4 elevators for 600 rooms when once a week one is on Shabbat mode it sometimes took up to 15 minutes to get an elevator in a 17 story building. I took the stairs a lot so no need for the workout room. I was here during passover and dont bother checking for seder here its $250 per person children are under 12 for $175 i dont know about you but i am not paying $250 for non-leavened bread. The actual hotel was nice good rooms with a good view on either side. The best part of the hilton was the executive lounge on the 12 floor it was far better than the vista lounge because the vista lounge was packed every day the executive lounge was much quieter and better service. The exec. lounge featured breakfast with a cold buffet and 2 hot items every day snacks, appetizers, hot dinner and complimentary beverages. The staff was amazingly helpful and nice.

Room Tip: If your getting a taxi get it off site because they charge way more on property.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
hilton_israel, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for selecting the Hilton Tel Aviv for your recent stay and taking time to share your feedback with us via Trip Advisor! It is only through valuable customer feedback that we can improve our services.

We extend our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience with the full house we experienced during your stay this Passover.

We know you have a variety of hotels to choose from, we are honored that you have selected our hotel. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the Hilton Tel Aviv in near future!

Best Regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Morristown
Reviewed March 26, 2013

To be honest, we were spoiled by our hotel in Jerusalem which is only three years old and gorgeous! That said, I've stayed at a number of Hilton's over the years and find them to be more than acceptable. Our room at this Hilton was shabbier than those of the other Hilton's. I've heard that the rooms on the Executive level have been renovated and are very nice but our room was in dire need of an update. The bathroom is small, the carpets were stained---the mattress however was terrific as was the view of the sea.

I would truly recommend that you eat outside of the hotel as the cost to eat anything on the premises will set you back a tidy sum. I ordered cereal and a banana and the bill was $15. Truly outrageous.

The hotel is very large even by HIlton standards. There was a wedding every night and the Portugese football team was staying there as well so it was crowded and noisy all the time.

It certainly is far from being a bad place to stay but I'm sure there are better and at a lower cost.

Room Tip: Upgrade to an executive room and ask for a view of the sea
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

We really appreciate your comments and we are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Indeed Major refurbishments recently took place at the Hilton Tel Aviv. We have completed the renovations of the top 11 floors. We have increased the living space of the new rooms and expanded the bathroom to include modern features and a separate shower. I hope next time you will have the chance to book the renovated rooms and enjoy them as well.

Thank you for sharing your experience on tripadvisor and I will also ensure your detailed comments are translated and shared with all team members.
helsingborg
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is a normal Hilton quality, which in all cases is good. My complain compared to other similar hotels in Tel Aviv is the pricing. Terrible high. I have stayed in the hotel many times the last 10 years and now no free WiFi- , no free gymn. Gymn is privatized and hotel guests have to pay.
Hallo wake up it is 2013 in one of the most developped countries in the world regarding IT- and we have to pay expensive WiFi and Gymn fees..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank watermanHelsingborg
hilton_israel, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear guest,

We are happy you made the Hilton Tel Aviv your home away from home in Israel.
We now provide complimentary WIFI in our public areas for the enjoyment of our guests. Enjoy this benefit 24 hours a day.

I hope that we will be able to welcoming you back to the Hilton Tel Aviv in the future.
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed March 15, 2013

It was my third stay at the Hilton Tel Aviv and I have to say that it was my third amazing stay. There a fantastic view (especially the Jaffa one), great location and the breakfast are second to none. I enjoyed the lobby bar as well. It is very fine just sitting there, enjoying beer, live performance and summarizing your day.
Toda raba.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
We really appreciate your positive comments and we are happy to see that you enjoyed the location of the hotel together with the facilities. We hope you will return to the Hilton Tel Aviv where we will be delighted to welcoming you back.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The worst hotel experience in my life.

I pre-booked adjoining rooms with my family including three kids about 6 months in advance. We called ahead of time on the day to ensure the cot requested in the original booking was in the room as we knew the youngest would be tired.

We turned up at about 6 pm to check in and I was told "we do not have adjoining rooms in this hotel".

I said, " we were told you do"

"sorry sir, we do not, but we have arranged a two rooms directly across from each other".

You have to "make do" when you travel sometimes so I said "OK".

We got to the floor and it turns out not only is there a staff elevator across the hall, but next to that an area which holds the ice machine etc... so the kids room is the equivalent of at least 5 hotel rooms down - and no cot.

I ask for two rooms closer to each other so they offer me a suite. Assuming they understand our booking I say "OK" and they tell me that they will take my luggage for me and will deliver the cot.

We get to the "suite" and it stinks of cigarettes (we asked 6 months earlier for a non-smoking room and we have booked with kids). No cot, no luggage.

I go downstairs and ask for another room. They come up with another set of rooms and a similar situation arises (they are on either ends of the floor).

Finally they find two rooms together. You'll never guess what though... they ARE ADJOINING ROOMS! Well, we would have been chuffed to find the Hilton's fabled "unicorn (joining) rooms" except it was now past 10:30pm

I never do this, but I asked the duty manager for some sort of consideration as I have never had to wait over 4 hours to check in a room that I reserved 6 months in advance for. Aaaaannnnnnd..... wait for it.... He offered me a free bagel in the morning...

The hotel is old. That's not a problem. The staff are nice enough... that's not the problem. What gave me the worst hotel experience in my life was the world class incompetence. I must admit in Jerusalem in the King David Hotel (the best hotel in Jerusalem - allegedly) I experienced a similar attitude (although nothing like this experience. see my other review).

The attitude I'm referring to is a "yeah, whatever" kind of attitude. No chutzpah, no drive, no empathy or care factor for the guest. They are clearly smart enough to get it, but somehow don't want to.

I don't know if any other "top" hotel in Tel Aviv is better or worse, but I can guarantee you if I ever set foot in that city again I will not be staying at the Hilton Tel Aviv.

By the way, my Hilton Honors membership is diamond... I'm not kidding....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank BizTravelerDeluxe
Dear Guest,

We are really disappointed to hear that the hotel did not satisfy your needs during your most recent stay with us. My apologies for the “connecting room’s issue”.

This is a case of lack of communication within our staff and we are making every effort to make sure an incident like this will never happen again. Your comments are important to us, as it assist us to constantly improve.

Thank you for taking the time and write your review. We do hope to have another opportunity to prove our service whenever you will return to the Hilton Tel Aviv.

Thank you again.
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We are Hilton Honours Diamond members and decided to spend two days here on points at the end of our week long trip to Israel. Full disclosure: we came from the King David Hotel in Jerusalem and that is a tough act to follow.
The location of this Hilton is directly on the beach and a short walk to the trendy boardwalk with lots of shops and restaurants. Taxis are easily available for the short trip to Jaffa, or to get into the heart of the city. We had booked two adjoining rooms, a King and a Twin, and were upgraded to the Executive Club floor. The view was nice, although the weather turned very windy and cool (February), so we couldn't really enjoy the beach. Even so, everything would have been rather perfect, had our check-in experience not been so mediocre. We arrived late afternoon, and the reception desk was empty. However, the woman at the counter continued to work on whatever had been occupying her, without acknowledging our presence in any way, for quite some time. We were given the definite impression that we were interrupting her - and when she finally proceeded to check us in, without welcoming us in any way, it seemed that she felt Diamond members, staying on points, were kind of freeloaders... she told us that we must eat breakfast in the club lounge, as we were staying "for free", or pay some supplement to eat in the dining room. The club lounge in most Hilton hotels is typically quite nice and we actually prefer to eat quickly and get out and see the sights - this club lounge was okay and the food selection was limited. However, the point was that Diamond members, who are supposed to be REWARDED for their loyalty, should not be made to feel like schmucks staying "for free".
Other than that, the stay was fine - in our room, there were lovely bags with Dead Sea products as a gift from the hotel to Hilton Honors members - clearly someone in management understands the reward and recognition aspect!
The rooms were spotlessly clean, modern and well-designed with good closet space. I have to say that I find the sensor-activated mini-bar system a bit draconian and not really belonging to a luxury hotel, but that is a small thing. As Hilton Honors members we also were given complimentary mineral water each day which was very nice, and there were special chocolates in the evening for Shabbat. As another guest noted, there was also a plate of fruit and a small bottle of wine to welcome us.
We would probably stay here again, as we are generally fans of the Hilton Hotels, however it would make all the difference if the front desk could do a bit better with their customer service on check in :). They could definitely take a few pointers from the staff at the King David in Jerusalem!

Room Tip: The adjoining rooms on the 6th floor (Executive floor) were renovated and well-designed. The execut...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for you stay at Hilton Tel Aviv for two weeks, and for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on the Hotel facilities and service provided by the Team.

I was delighted to read your very kind comments, and I am very pleased you had a nice stay. Our aim is to ensure high guests satisfaction, and are therefore happy you remained satisfied with our location, room and facilities. Your note about the front desk was noted and I am sure fellow guests will benefit for your remarks shortly.

Buffalo, NY
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Perfect location, gorgeous rooms, great service.
The only slight disappointment was the breakfast buffet, which, compared to other hotels in Israel did not offer as wide of a selection as expected. They also ran out of some foods which were not refilled.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NooshNoosh
Thank you for selecting the Hilton Tel Aviv for your recent stay and taking time to share your feedback with us via Trip Advisor! I am so pleased that you are full of compliments for the hotel and our team. Thank you for sharing your review with the Trip Advisor travelers.