“Amazing hotel, amazing staff”
Review of Hilton Tel Aviv

Hilton Tel Aviv
Ranked #48 of 101 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We have just come back from the hilton tel aviv and I wanted to write a review because we had such a wonderful time. We have been to Tel Aviv several times and the hilton is by far and away the best hotels. The lobby is so atmospheric and spacious. You really feel as though you are in a buzzing, vibrant hotel in a great city. There is a fantastic space outside to drink and eat whilst looking over the sea. The rooms are modern, clean and of the highest standard. We were upgraded to a suite which was huge (2 large rooms and 2 bathrooms). One criticism sometimes labelled at Israel is the poor service but at the hilton the service was impeccable. The staff were of the highest standard and we were greeted at reception by Yaron Avidan who was so friendly, kind and attentive to us that it made our stay fantastic from the start. I highly recommend any travellers to Tel Aviv to stay here. Finally, the pool area is the best in Tel Aviv with fantastic food in the poolside restaurant. Richard and Claire

Room Tip: refurbished rooms 8th floor and above
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
hilton_israel, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Richard and Claire,

Your concluding sentence: “We wanted to write a review because we had such a wonderful time. We have been to Tel Aviv several times and the Hilton is by far and away the best hotels”, made us all very proud of our hotel.

Thank you!

I hope that we will be able to welcoming you back to the Hilton Tel Aviv in the future.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

The Hilton is the best hotel in Tel Aviv, is it? My tuchus! My list of disappointments are numerous, but here are the lowlights:

1) long wait to check in
2) given room opposite the lifts
3) complained. Given new,
equally-dowdy, room, with pokiest bathroom you can imagine, seemingly built for a child (or an extra short Jewish man - I'm Jewish. I can say that!)
4) they charge for Internet in your room
5) hotel is among most expensive in town
6) at checkout, just one person manning desk, but she thought it more important to count money in till.

Work paid for it, but still: I expect a certain level of service. Hilton tel aviv just doesn't measure up. I'd go with the Intercontinental (see my next review) any time.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Elmo_Cohen
hilton_israel, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

We are really disappointed to hear that the hotel did not satisfy your needs during your most recent stay with us. My apologies for the lack of service you had expected. Your comments are important to us, as it assist us to constantly improve.

Thank you for taking the time and write your review. We do hope to have another opportunity to prove our service whenever you will return to the Hilton Tel Aviv.

Thank you again.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I used points to stay here because I could not afford it any other way. I was upgraded to a spectacular suite over looking the Med Sea. I had to call to the front desk because I needed a few things. They spoke English very well and call back to make sure I received what I had received what I needed. At check in their customer service was stellar. The location, food and service are off the charts wonderful!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

We really appreciate your positive comments and we are happy to see that you enjoyed the location of the hotel together with the facilities. We hope you will return to the Hilton Tel Aviv where we will be delighted to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Got corner room suite with ocean view as I am gold level member. Friendly staff who speak excellent English. Executive lounge excellent...great breakfast in lounge...beautiful shops off lobby...great location....beach was average....lots of water activities....

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bowlerx_424

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great feedback and for sharing your experience on this forum.

Thank you again for choosing Hilton and recommending our hotel - it is appreciated.

Sincerely

Reviewed November 16, 2012

The staff at the Hilton try to make your experience first rate. While there are occasional lapses by individuals who just don't "get" what it means to provide first class hospitality, the overall level of service is very good and friendly. Expect to pay premium prices for rooms and services, but expect a very comfortable stay. If you have a problem, going to someone in the management level of the hotel is sure to get it resolved quickly. And enjoy the beautiful views from almost any room in the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for you stay at Hilton Tel Aviv for two weeks, and for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on the Hotel facilities and service provided by the Team.

I was delighted to read your very kind comments, and I am very pleased you had a nice stay. Our aim is to ensure high guests satisfaction, and are therefore happy you remained satisfied with our location, room and facilities.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I have stayed at this seafront hotel few times. While I like this location, I find room quality varies significantly. During my recent trip, bathroom for my first assigned room was far too small and room was not ready when I checked in at 3:30 pm; it took a while to finally get the right room after wasting hour and half following a long trip from the US. Rest of my four day stay was generally pleasant although I was surprised that the hotel has outsourced gym and you have to pay to workout - this is my first time at a five star hotel where you have to pay for gym.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side has better sea view. You might also want to ask for room with larger bathroo...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review during your last stay at the Hilton Tel Aviv. Indeed “room quality varies significantly” Major refurbishments recently took place at the Hilton Tel Aviv. We have completed the renovations of the top nine floors. We have increased the living space of the new rooms and expanded the bathroom to include modern features and a separate shower. The spa is also totally renewed. Two more floors will be renovated this winter for your enjoyment. More floors will be completely in the years to come.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

During a business trip through Israel I stayed twice in this Hilton and was unfortunate to have an old room the first time although the plastic smiling receptionist called it an 'upgrade'....... The room is old, hard to keep clean and the bathroom tiny and far below the standard of What one is used to at these prices and at Hilton.

The second stay within that week I didn't get the 'upgrade', luckily one might say. To my amazement it was a fully renovated executive suite with more space, clean and up to standard. From collegues one should make a reservation from the 10th floor up, at lleast when you don't wanna get stuck in an old shithole room that should cost half from what they charge you.

For dinner: eat outside. The restaurant is without atmosphere and two streets down and a 10 minutes walk you find better and more affordable food. Breakfast is expensive but worthwhile. However on Sjabbat morning try to be early, because once the synagoge is ending groups flok in and they tend to fall over the buffet as if they just came from the dessert and have fulture behaviour: everything is gone in minutes!

For sushi your in the right place, although only kosher fish is served and the cooks are from Korea. The bar is small but caters for all drinkscand the lobby is spacious.
Talking of the lobby: great fun to sit there at sjabbat and enjoy the parade of orthodoxe families trying to get rid of the daughters to the single men from other families.

Don't buy at the Stern juwelers outlet: the ladies look as good as all the gold there, but they are always in a bad arrogant mood and the stuff is overpriced.

The salt water pool is the best and the lunch food is great. Try the kosher burgers!

Finally: with good weather; sit on the outside tarrace for a sundowner. Just great!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
hilton_israel, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

We really appreciate your comments and we are happy to see that you enjoyed the Executive Suite you were upgraded to.

I am not so sure about you remarks about the expensive breakfast, as our breakfast is included in the accommodation and there is no need to pay for it. The same goes for the restaurant - We have 5 restaurants, so it’s hard to reply accordingly.

As it is your second stay with us, we hope you will return to the Hilton Tel Aviv where we will be delighted to welcoming you back.