“Tel Aviv Hilton 2012”
Review of Hilton Tel Aviv

Hilton Tel Aviv
Ranked #46 of 102 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed September 12, 2012

My wife and I spent 5 days at the Hilton in early September and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The location was wonderful, as were the pool, beach, beach walkway (promenade extends to Jaffa). We spent three days site seeing and two days at the hotel relaxing. We found the food quite good and the service at the front desk and executive lounge to be excellent. The very good rating comes from the poor service at the pool restaurant and main lobby lounge. We did not dine at the Sushi restaurant in the hotel. Our request for a refrigerator was quickly accommodated and the business center was also very helpful and efficient. We would recommend this property.

Room Tip: The hotel is perpendicular to the beach. Our room faced south and we always had sun, this was not t...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank VTCAT
hilton_israel, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review on tripadvisor.

I am so pleased that you complimented our hotel and our team. We saw that you write numerous reviews and you visit many countries. It is indeed a privilege to read your comments. Your comments on the service in our pool and Lobby will be carefully reviewed by our management as soon as possible.

Thank you for sharing your review with the Trip Advisor travelers.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

A great hotel with probably the best location in Tel Aviv….I’ve stayed in many Hilton Hotels around the world but this must be one of their best ones. A hotel that somehow manages to seamlessly blend a corporate business feel with a relaxing holiday atmosphere.

The staff, from the Bell boy through to one of the Managers (I think his name was Yaron Avidan) couldn’t be more helpful or do enough.
We were given a lovely room (with a great big comfortable bed) which I understand has recently been renovated. Always kept clean by the cleaning who seemed to be invisible.…the breakfast they offer must be one of the best I have ever had. Outstanding.

Usual facilities you would expect to find at a hotel of this class, Spa, lovely swimming pool area & access to a pretty beach area.

I was told by one of my friends that you must stay at the Hilton Tel aviv “to be seen or to see those that want to be seen” …it's actually true….just sit in the lobby & people watch!

I suppose the only criticism I have is why charge for Wifi? and if they have to, at least let it be free in the public areas….though saying all that...Can’t wait to return!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Gigi M

We really appreciate your positive comments and we are happy to see that you enjoyed the location of the hotel together with the facilities. We hope you will return to the Hilton Tel Aviv where we will be delighted to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

As a Diamond Hilton Honors member, I expected more..... Status at this hotel means NOTHING!!!!

I booked our room for 15 days (2 rooms!!!!!) - not a cheap vacation!! I will try to itemize what is great - and what is not - about the hotel and it's personnel.

1. Check in was a joke. After fighting and waiting 2 hours (after a 15 hour flight from LA), we finally got the rooms we requested. The front desk personnel were not friendly or service oriented. We were tired and the check in process made our arrival more challenging.

2. Our room was nice - standard and not out of the ordinary. We had a balcony and our room faced Jaffa which was nice. Housekeeping was great.... They came a couple of times a day and had turn down service which was nice.

3. The staff the worked in the 12th floor lounge were very accommodating, friendly and helpful. There was a young lady that was 9 months pregnant and she kept working as if it were nothing...honestly, the hotel management should give kudos these wonderful young people that service this particular lounge.

4. However, the 17th floor lounge is another story. On the evening of September 10, the rudest person "greeted" us....her name is Raya and she was so so so rude. When I complained, she called the Duty Manager, Zion, and he was more rude than Raya. Up until this time, I thought most Israelis were pleasant and happy to have Americans visit - not Zion. In all my travels, all over the world, I have never encountered anyone like him. If he worked for me, he would have been fired - NO CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS WHATSOEVER. He acted like he really hated his job - for that matter, his life as well!

5. The beaches in front of the hotel were a huge disappointment - lots of trash in the water.... Guess I expected more, since the beaches in other parts of the Mediterrean are beyond amazing.

6. The bell boys are very good when it comes to rolling their eyes when I asked a stupid question!! I simply asked a question about the swimming pool and II guess they thought I was an idiot.

7. We didn't eat at any of the restaurants here in the hotel as we wanted to eat at local typical places and very glad we did.

8. The Internet is the biggest joke of all..... Very expensive and it is very very very hit or miss!!! There is a very nice young man who offers tech support, but it seems that he can only do so much.

The only reason I booked this hotel was because I am a Hilton Honors member...... I love Hilton hotels, but this particular one doesn't seem to like us. I will continue to update as more stories come to mind......in the meantime, think twice before booking a room here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
hilton_israel, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear guest,

Your concluding sentence:“I love Hilton hotels, but this particular one doesn't seem to like us”, made us very sad here of the Hilton Tel Aviv.

Thank you for your review. It is of course never fun to read a negative review as such. I would however be very interested in hearing more about your stay and the way in which we can improve. Also, I would like to hear more about the incident with our team members.

Could you please send us a message on this mailbox how can we get in touch with you, please.

Again, we extend our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience during your stay.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Its probably the most expensive hotel in Israel. The location is great, the rooms are nice with a great view.
The problem is the service, starting from the doorman that works as a traffic cop. They have no real room for unloading for check-in.
The front office clerk was very nice but gave me all the wrong information.
If you are loaded and don't care about your money this is a great hotel for you - Internet is $20 a day (and not that fast), Water bottle in the room is $8 (Sheraton is free).
The Executive club is tiny with 5-6 tables so during breakfast you may have to stand or wait 10 min for a table. The Vista club is very nice but not worth the added $50 a day.

If you want an upscale hotel in Tel-Aviv with great location, great service, value for $ and service like it should be stay at the Sheraton Tel-Aviv.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ohad B
hilton_israel, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Thank you for your comments on this website and I wanted to personally respond and thank you.
Feedback is always important. I am sorry you didn’t enjoy our Executive and vista Lounges as you stay in a standard room. Your remarks about the service provided to you are carefully examined for the benefit of our future guests.

Once you will posses HHonors Gold or Diamond cards you will enjoy upgrades, free wifi in all stays around the globe and free entrance to our Health Club. You are welcome to read all about it using any search engine on your device.

I hope that we will be able to get another chance to welcoming you back to the Hilton Tel Aviv.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

For $350 a night, you are much better off getting a resort stay across the street at Shalom Hotel or at Sea Executive down the street. The bathrooms are ancient! Very Motel 6- like, (you feel gross planting your foot in the tub never mind actually trying to take a bath) And I've never paid this much for a hotel and then find out that the GYM is $15 extra per person. Gyms have always been included in the price. You leave here feeling gouged.

Room Tip: Great beach location, beautiful pool. Ancient bathroom and poor breakfast. Cheated on the addition...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Eddie J
hilton_israel, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Thank you for selecting the Hilton Tel Aviv for your recent stay and taking time to share your feedback with us via Trip Advisor! It is only through valuable customer feedback that we can improve our services.

Major refurbishments recently took place at the Hilton Tel Aviv. We have completed the renovations of the top ten floors. We have increased the living space of the new rooms and expanded the bathroom to include modern features and a separate shower. The rest of the floors, including the one you stayed in, will be renovated in the near future.

We strongly recommend our guests to join our hhonors benefit program worldwide. Hhonors Gold and Diamond enjoy free wifi in all stays around the globe and free entrance to our Health Club. You are welcome to read all about it using any search engine on your device.

We extend our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience during your stay.

We know you have a variety of hotels to choose from, we are honored that you have selected us.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the Hilton Tel Aviv in near future!

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Hilton Tel Aviv is the worse Hilton where I've ever been. The hotel definitively needs renovation, the bathroom in my room was no bigger than 4 square meters (room 614). Absolutely not worth the cost of 360$ I was charged. The most irritating thing however is that you have the feeling of being robbed each time you approach any of the hotel services. The cost of room service is simply absurd. It's inconceivable that they charge 15$ every time you go to the gym. Each other hotel I've been in my life has the gym included in the price. If you need to print, 0.5$ per page. Internet connection 19$ per day. Breakfast was included in the price, but really low quality, like a three star hotel. Unless you like to be ripped off, please stay away. Other 5 star hotels in Tel Aviv such as the Carlton or the David Intercontinental are better and much more reasonably priced.

Room Tip: stay away from this hotel!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Vladimirrrr
hilton_israel, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

Dear Guest ,

I am really sorry to read that your experience was not satisfactory.

Major refurbishments recently took place at the Hilton Tel Aviv. We have completed the renovations of the top ten floors. We have increased the living space of the new rooms and expanded the bathroom to include modern features and a separate shower. The rest of the floors , including the one you stayed in, will be renovated in the near future.

Our focus as a Team is to achieve high customer satisfaction therefore, we are working day after day towards gaining customers feedback in order to improve customer service. I hope, we might get opportunity to convince you in the future, that we are very serious about it.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

Great atmosphere. Fun people watching. A minute walk to the beach. Best part vista floor and lounge.
Eat breakfast while viewing the blue sky and sea. Renovated rooms are great. Staff very pleasant. Nice also for a private party.

• Stayed: May 2012