“Unclean and tiny room, 5th floor but very noisy”

Melody Hotel Tel Aviv - an Atlas Boutique Hotel
Ranked #19 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
london uk
“Unclean and tiny room, 5th floor but very noisy”
Reviewed May 4, 2009

Booked one night after reading some of reviews on this site, very disappointed to say the least. One comment I must say at the start – staff are very friendly but not particularly on top of it.
Room was dirty – extrament on the toilet seat!!! The TV remote didn’t work and was so dirty it was disgusting even to touch it. I left the remote on the reception desk when I went out asking to send up a working one, of course when I came back couple hours later it wasn’t there.
Shower door couldn’t properly open without touching the toilet so you kind of had to climb over the toilet to get into the shower which wasn’t clean to say the least and the shower handle and pipe leaking everywhere.
When I tried to turn on the kettle it didn’t work, so moved the table to see if the cable was unplugged (which it was), the filthiness behind the table was unbelievable as if it wasn’t clean since the table was put there who knows when.
I was on the 5th floor above the Hayarkon St – windows are not double glazed so every car driving below is a ‘gentle’ reminder you are on a main road.
I stayed one night only so didn’t really want to mention this to the staff at the time but felt its right to make sure other business guests are aware of the defects.
Breakfast was good, though no espresso coffee which I think is pretty basic.
I was charged $180 though the rate was $175 – what is this??
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone – cleanness comes before anything else and when your room isn’t clean nothing can compensate for that.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank djberger
EmmilTelAviv, Front Desk Manager at Melody Hotel Tel Aviv - an Atlas Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2009
Dear Sir,
We appriciate your review, there is no doubt in our mind that the cleaness of the hotel is the utmost important thing and we have checked your room (503) and made all the necessary actions.
You have read all other reviews in this site so you can undertand all this was an unfortunate coinsidance.
Our windows ARE double glazed, yet in a city hotel, we cannot eliminate completely the noises coming from the street.
Breakfast - Espresso coffee IS indeed essantial, and we do serve it as part of our breakfast - one simply have to ask for it.
Differance in your rate - since we charged your card with local Israeli currency, the exchange rate in your bank probably caused the differance. Out of the ordinary we will reimburse your credit card with the $5 differance.
Hope in your next stay we will be able to change your mind about the Melody hotel.
Erez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Monterey, CA
Reviewed April 8, 2009

If you want to be pampered with spacious ocean-view accomodations, the best breakfast and happy hour in Tel Aviv, an ideal location and a most-friendly and professional staff who knows how to assist you with your stay in Tel Aviv, this is the place to stay. This is my second stay, my first 4 years ago prior to their remodel, and the place now shines even brighter.

Our thanks to Erez, Ammit, Avi and all the folks who made our stay at the Melody such a wonderul experience and one of the best parts of our trip.

Glasgow Scotland
Reviewed March 24, 2009

We have just returned from a fantastic break in this stylish hotel. It is in a wonderful location, close to both city and beach.
Although small, the use of space is extraordinary. The rooms were comfortable with every amenity.
There was no bar, but we particularly enjoyed the complimentary drinks and snacks which were available between 5 and 8pm and made a very sociable start to the evening. The view from the roof terrace was hypnotic, and I must give a special mention to the staff, who were so friendly and helpful, and justifiably proud of their hotel. We have previously stayed in many of the larger, and more expensive hotels in Tel Aviv, but this will now be our first choice.

Peabody, MA
Reviewed March 20, 2009

This hotel and the chain it belongs to are exceptional. We stayed in two of the Atlas chain hotels in Israel and the term Botique Hotel applies to them. The staff of the hotel is attentive and always pleasant and helpful. The rooms are small but well laid out and very comfortable. We particularly liked the evening cocktail hour as it gave us a chance to meet fellow travelers as well as to interface with the very interesting staff. We travel a lot and this hotel and its companion the Harmony in Jerusalem have to rank among the nicest and coolest we have ever stayed at.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
EmmilTelAviv, Front Desk manager at Melody Hotel Tel Aviv - an Atlas Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, March 23, 2009
In very few words you managed to capture everything we strive so hard to give at the Melody hotel, and we all here thank you for that.
We hope to see you next time you visit Tel-Aviv.
Erez.
Benicia, California
Reviewed March 4, 2009

I filled out an online form to request information about availability in October. I never heard back from them, so I followed up. I still didn't hear back, so I forgot about it. They charged me as a no-show. When I asked them about it, they forwarded an email confirmation to me that they claim they sent to me earlier. I never received this email - I went through all of my email and trash and junk mail, etc. and didn't get their email. In fact, I send my followup inquiry about the reservation AFTER they claimed they send the confirmation email. They were completely unaccommodating and never even bothered to respond to my inquiries after they charged me as a no-show. They charged me $166 for NOTHING. If everything goes perfectly for your stay, that's great, but if you have any problems, you're just screwed.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank g_do
EmmilTelAviv, Front desk Manager at Melody Hotel Tel Aviv - an Atlas Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, March 23, 2009
Our Apologies.
Since you have made a reservation with us and we kept a room for you, a one night non show fee was charged.
We will be happy to accomodate you next time you visit Tel-Aviv and enjoy the Melody's "work and play" concept which allows you to a great expiriance in a small but great hotel.
Hope to seeing you.
Erez
long island, new york
Reviewed February 7, 2009

We stayed at the Melody for 3 nights at the beginning of December. When we saw our room, we thought it was a bit small and requested a larger room. Fortunately the 'suite' was available and it was fabulous. It was actually one large room with a table/desk serving as a room divider between the 'living room' area and the bedroom area and well worth the extra money. It was very attractive, very comfortable, and very clean.
The breakfasts were fine - eggs, breads, cheeses, salads -- everything fresh and good.
But the best thing about this hotel was the service. The staff was unfailingly pleasant and helpful - providing maps, suggesting delicious budget restaurants, even providing a free umbrella because there happened to be a sprinkling of rain on the day we left and they had just gotten in some new umbrellas.
Tel Aviv is a fun, dynamic city and there's no better way for a tourist to see it than to be based at a wonderful hotel like the Melody!

• Liked — Clean and comfortable
  • Disliked — Elevator a bit slow to arrive
  • Stayed December 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
London
Reviewed December 22, 2008

I just spent the last 2 nights of my trip at The melody Hotel. I was on my own and not sure how it would be. Well, I was greeted by a lovely girl on reception who told me I could watch any of the dvd's behind reception, in my room, and being a movie buff, i was very pleased about that. Then i was glad to see there was free internet access in reception. Another very cool thing was that each night between 5pm and 8pm there are free nibbles and sanwiches with wine and soft drinks, olives, spreads, cookies - such a nice touch and sociable if you want it tobe. Great location, only an 8 minute walk to the beach and the port - fabulous. I was lucky to have sunshine in December.Most of all I adored the music - I felt like I was in a movie each time I was in the reception area. I definitley recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Tel Aviv - whether for business or pleasure. The staff are so kind and helpful - thanks so much to you all - EREZ, MICHAL,ODED,DROR,AMIT AND EYAL and to anyone I missed, lots of love and sprinkles of glitter, Madeleine (from Scotland)

Stayed December 2008
EmmilTelAviv, Manager at Melody Hotel Tel Aviv - an Atlas Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2009
Dear Madeleine,
Thank you for your wonderfull review.
We all appriciate your effort.
Hope to see you again soon here with us.
Erez.