“home away from home”

Melody Hotel Tel Aviv - an Atlas Boutique Hotel
Ranked #21 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We have been visiting this boutique hotel for many years and lately twice a year.
The staff and personnel Always give you a hearty welcome and lots of personal attention.
They really make you feel home away from home. It is like being part of the family.
The hotel is located at a very central point from which all important places of Tel Avvi are reached
easily and in no time.

Room Tip: Ask for the junior suite on the 6th or 7th floor; Than you're near the roof with the sun deck...
3  Thank Ruben1951
There are newer reviews for Melody Hotel Tel Aviv - an Atlas Boutique Hotel

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I had a very pleasant stay at the Melody! Staff is very friendly and helpful. Generous breakfast, lovely happy hour drinks and nibbles. 5 Minutes walking distance to the beach and to nearby restaurants. Rooms reasonably sized, fast Wifi.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank BeninEuropa
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Had great stay at Melody. across the street from beach. Running along the beach was great kick. Walking distance to pier area- for restaurants. Walking to center of tel aviv is also easy. Staff is very helpful. breakfasts were great as were afternoon wine and snacks.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NHFWashington_DC
Reviewed May 28, 2014

It was a really nice stay. The rooms are big enough. There are some things to check on, but it was ok. The breakfast was really good, local food. The staff was really friendly and helpful. The hotel is located really near to the beach and everything else is easily to arrive.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Mihaela1981
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I recently had some guests stay at the hotel and they had nothing but compliments. The rooms where very pleasant, the hotel staff extremely nice and polite and all in a great location. They especially mentioned the great roof terrace. Will definitely recommend my future guest to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Liaty P
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I do want to be fair when rating this hotel. The problem is, I stayed here with my wife for two nights because there wasn't an available room for two nights of a ten night stay at a far better hotel which was our base in Tel Aviv, and so we had to leave there for two days and then go back to the better one. This stark contrast in the quality of the Melody Hotel with the other, more expensive one that we had for this annual visit to Tel Aviv does not reflect well on the Melody...at all. So, that's why I'm doing my level best to be fair...and more importantly...ACCURATE...in this review.

I'm going to start off by noting that there are different approaches that travelers have to their hotel requirements. I've sometimes heard it said in conversations that I've had with other people that the hotel room isn't all that important because not so much time is spent there and there are those who would rather designate vacation funds to other things like good dinners, etc. I do not adhere to that perspective and anyone reading this review should know that I don't. I consider the hotel room on a vacation to be very important. I believe that it's a place that will significantly influence the overall vacation experience that one has....regardless of the quantity of time that you might spend there. You do, after all, sleep in the place!

All that having now been said...here goes....:

I did not like this hotel. I didn't feel comfortable here. And, this is definitely NOT solely attributable to the single fact that the other hotel that we stayed at on this trip was so much better. Breakfast at the Melody Hotel, which is included in the price was ample, though not particularly appealing. I would sum it up by saying it was an average in a city where hotels are known for their breakfasts. The reader can take a look at the photos that I've placed with this review and determine on his or her own if I'm not being fair or accurate in my descriptions. The photos will also, I think, assist you when you consider whether or not the Melody Hotel is for you when you visit Tel Aviv.

Firstly, let me refer to the room itself. It was small...not tiny...but small. It was devoid of any luxury at all, but that's okay IF it's clean and maintained nicely. And, I can't complain about the cleanliness of the hotel room itself. I will note, though, that the tiny bedside table's base was coming away from it's connection to the bed-frame (see photos) so it was unstable and I was unable to rest anything...like my watch...on it overnight because it moved by its own weight because it wasn't connected properly and I was afraid anything that I might leave on it would fall off to the floor.

The bathroom was worse...far worse. It was small by just about any standard I can think of. And the shower was confining. Most importantly, it didn't feel clean and I found it unsightly. The photos will show that the tiles on the wall of the bathroom had a crack running through them. But that, I guess, is forgivable and can be overlooked. The overall condition of the bath/shower...I think...can not and should not be overlooked by anyone considering a stay at the Melody Hotel. The shower-framing was rusty and marked with what appears to be salt-damage of some kind. And, there is significant black mold around the bath and elsewhere. That's just plain creepy and it is something that shouldn't be tolerated by any hotelier...or guest. It is, in my opinion, simply unacceptable and, at the risk of seeming effete, no hotel guest paying what this hotel costs per night should be exposed to such offense. I don't believe any further description is necessary...the photos speak for themselves.

Admittedly, this isn't the kind of hotel I would have ever stayed at on any vacation my wife and I ever take, and if it were not for the necessity of leaving the other hotel (which I also review here at Trip Advisor) we would not have been here. So anyone who reads this review might well take that into consideration.

I recognize that people have different budgets and also depending on other considerations like age, whether it's a business trip or not, etc. one may well consider staying at a hotel like the Melody Hotel. It does have the potential to be an option because it is in a good location, being a very short walk from the Tayelet (Tel Aviv's beach great beach promenade) and the Namal Khadash (or "New Port" which is a terrific recreation area with good restaurants and bars.) The price of this hotel might also make this hotel appealing given the relatively high cost of other hotels in Tel Aviv. But, given all considerations, I felt that there was actually an absence of dignity in the feeling of being in this room and it was a genuine relief check out and to go back to our other hotel after the two nights. The hotel's ownership owes any guest something better than it gives.

2  Thank Avrumeleh B
Atlas_Hotels_Israel, Guest Relations Manager at Melody Hotel Tel Aviv - an Atlas Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Dear avrumeleh,
Thank you for your very thorough and detailed review, we greatly appreciate all of your candid feedback and that you took the time to share your opinions with other travelers. We have gone over all of your suggestions and points of highlight and management has been made aware of each and every one. We do appreciate your fair remarks regarding the differences each traveler has when it comes to a hotel and we understand that it seems we did not meet the personal needs you felt were missing and although we are highly complimented on our hotel and all that it has to offer we greatly respect your personal opinions. We would like to thank you for bringing to our attention the issue you had in the bathroom, this was not typical aesthetic of the hotel, your remarks were immediately looked into and the necessary changes were made right away. We do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back and show you the high quality standard of hotel that we are and are known for.

Galit Ilan, General Manager, Melody Hotel
Jordana Neeman, Guest Relations Manager, Atlas Hotels

Reviewed May 19, 2014

We celebrate the birthday in Melody Hotel. This is our 7th time and we were so happy to stay only this hotel. The staff was grateful and very helpful. The Junior room was excellent, the breakfast very delicious . I think this is not 4 star hotel. I will be happy to give 5 star to hotel Melody Tel Aviv.I will be happy to back again to this hotel only. This is my melody in Tel Aviv!!!!

2  Thank Doron416