“Perfect Small Hotel in Tel Aviv”

Melody Hotel Tel Aviv - an Atlas Boutique Hotel
Ranked #21 of 101 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This was a great find. The Melody is part of a small Israeli chain of boutique hotels. And it really is a full service, lovely hotel across the street from the beach. My family and I had two beach-facing rooms (higher floors are better). The rooms were spotless, well equipped, relatively large for Israel. The breakfast buffet was copious and the rooftop deck (looking at the beach and skyline) we came back to again and again. In Tel Aviv, I really liked being near the beach and out of the middle of the city: it was a relief to return to the hotel at the end of the day. The staff could not have been more helpful, arranging for taxis, dinner reservations, airport transfers. I would certainly stay at the Melody on future trips to Tel Aviv and, in fact, any hotel in the Atlas Group.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter but the window sound-proofing is adequate even on the first floor
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We were booked twice to stay at the Melody Hotel. The decor is modern, with original photographs on the walls. As I am a published photographer too, this was a great decorating touch. The rooms are small, but they make up for it with excellent service and great Israeli breakfasts and happy hour drinks. There are quirky charming touches as weights for exercise along the staircases, and yellow rubber duckies in the bathroom. The hotel fronts a busy street, but even on the first floor, I did not think this was a problem. The beach is right within 2 minutes walk. We did not make use of the bar on the rooftop, as we were too busy going out doing the town. But it looked good on the pictures.

Room Tip: Perhaps rooms on the uppper floors would be quieter, as I've read other reviewers complaining ab...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Atlas_Hotels_Israel, Guest Relations Manager at Melody Hotel Tel Aviv - an Atlas Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear nzphotog,
Thank you for your complimentary review, we appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with other travelers. First, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and had a pleasant experience while staying with us. Second, we are happy to hear that you appreciated the many unique and "quirky" design touches we have and are especially glad that you enjoyed the photographs so much (they are actually all from a competition in which people were asked to submit photographs of either work or play in Tel Aviv, the ones in the hotel were the top picks). We thank you for choosing to stay at the Melody Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Galit Ilan, General Manager, Melody Hotel
Jordana Neeman, Guest Relations Manager, Atlas Hotels

Reviewed May 8, 2013

The location is great, the service was very good, the room is nicely designed and we loved the idea of happy hour. Recommended. The only critic is as with the most hotels in Tel Aviv they are all overpriced.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed at the Melody from April 21-24 in a ground floor room that, to be fair, the front desk offered to move us out of after the first night. It was kind of shabby--banged up and the bathroom door didn't close completely. The room was small but what you'd expect of a city hotel. The roof deck is very nice, with a great view of the Mediterranean. The service was really great; the front desk was very helpful in giving directions, making recommendations and generally just being very friendly. Breakfast was good, and the "happy hour" is a nice idea. Would have given it a better rating if the room had been maintained better.

Room Tip: The only room on the first floor is where we stayed, and I'd tried to avoid that, because there...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlas_Hotels_Israel, Guest Relations Manager at Melody Hotel Tel Aviv - an Atlas Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear LMANYC
Thank you for your candid review, we appreciate your sharing your honest opinions. We are very happy to hear that you were so pleased with our staff and service along with our lovely breakfast and free happy hour. We do understand that the ground floor room may not be suited to everyone's personal preferences, and that is why we kindly offered to move you. We would also like to thank you for bringing to our attention the problem you had with the bathroom door. We will look into this and make the necessary changes immediately. We would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Melody Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Galit Ilan, General Manager, Melody Hotel
Jordana Neeman, Guest Relations Manager, Atlas Hotels

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Melody Hotel and the staff made my stay a great success. Upon arriving, I was greeted by the always helpful and cheerful staff.

The room was as advertised both compact, clean and modern. It had absolutely everything I needed, a great bed and some basic furniture. The bathroom was comfortable and up to date; it was large enough for my needs. My room had a great view of the beach and park outside the hotel. The sunrises and sunsets were beautiful. The roof lounge is nice, but I never sat there long.

The breakfast was nice and very varied, many choices in bread, cereals and similar. They made and served your morning coffee on demand. The free afternoon snacks and refreshments were perfect - especially if you just returned to the hotel after a day in the sun. The air conditioning worked as well.

The hotel is very conveniently located, close to both the beach and the city center. I walked to the beach promenade and the major avenues. Do not forget to take advantage of the free bicycle the hotel offers.

The city sightseeing bus stops just down the street. I also found the guided tours of Jerusalem offered by the hotel to be good value for money and very well organized. The taxi to and from the airport made traveling effortless. If I ever return to Tel Aviv, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the water will also hear the road passing in front of the hotel. It did not bother me a...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 1, 2013

The Melody was my first experience with the Atlas chain, and I was not disappointed. It's a short walk from the hotel to the sea, the Old Port area, and the main shopping and restaurants on Ben Yehuda and Dizengoff. The Melody offers a huge breakfast, a happy hour from 17:00-19:00 most days, and a nice roof deck. Other nice touches are free wi-fi, free bicycles, and complementary beach chairs, exercise equipment, etc. The staff were all friendly and helpful, and my room was light and airy. I would definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 22, 2013

from outside, the building doesn't look that great in my humble opinion but my colleagues and I all really enjoyed the super friendly and welcoming staff, the location, the rooftop terrace and the fabulous breakfast (only fresh orange juice was missing). We also appreciated the possibility to get free bicycles, the beach towels and water, and the daily "Happy Hour".

On the "to be improved" side: Free wifi is a a good feature but having to input the password every time you want to reconnect was a bit of a hassle. The bathrooms are ok but a bit on the small side...and one of my colleagues would have preferred a "flatter" pillow (I like them big;-)

All in all, great value for money! we were all glad we did not stay in the big chain hotel just on the other side of the road ;-)

Room Tip: quite a bit of noise coming from the street if your room is on that side.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business