Deborah Hotel
$363
$307
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Hilton Tel Aviv(Tel Aviv)
$599
$451
Priceline
$1,202
$1,008
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbooking toursreception stafftwo blocksbreakfast and dinnerwalking distance to the beachben yehuda streetcenter of tel avivcomfortable hotelhotel is situatedcomfortable bedsdead seasea viewbasinshabbatisraelisfikosher
Reviewed April 10, 2012

This hotel is in an amazing location which is central, the staff are friendly and accommodating, the breakfast is tasty and has a large variety and the rooms are modern and very clean! Would highly recommend to others to stay here!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 18, 2012

rooms are pretty nasty. Beds are uncomfortable. It's dirty, old, dark, and just plain gross. It's like a dungeon in Tel Aviv. At least the Location was decent.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 20, 2011

I did not stay here but recommended it to foreign business guests that requested a "budget" priced hotel. Entering the hotel and waiting in the lobby was enough to verify some previous reviews concerning the run-down condition of the Deborah Hotel... aged lobby furniture with filthy upholstery, dirty glass in doors windows facing the street, and broken stonework at the entrance are examples of indicators about how the rest of the hotel looks and operates. It's a pity because there obviously has been renovation work done recently but the maintenance level seems low. On the upside, the location is very good: beach, shopping, bars, cafes and restaurants closeby and easy access to highways. "Budget" class should mean simple, but not shabby.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 19, 2011

I stayed 2 weekends at the Deborah Hotel. The first weekend, I had a small room on the 6th floor, which was more than adequate for one person. The room and bath were very clean, and there was good closet space. I really appreciated the in-room fridge, since I wasn't going to spend money on Shabbat and was able to purchase yogurt, fruit, sandwiches, etc. and keep it nice and cold. The second weekend I had a larger room on the 10th floor, which was a real treat (though I would have happily stayed in the other room). Both rooms cost the same. The hotel is located 2 blocks from the beach and about 3 blocks from Dizengoff - great location - and there's a bus stop just out front. The breakfast wasn't the best I've had in Israel, but was certainly adequate, and I did like the shakshuka. Only complaint was the lack of fresh fruit, other than grapefruit. I left my luggage the week between my stays, and the staff remembered me upon my return. They were very helpful providing directions and recommendations re: places to eat. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Debbie R
Reviewed November 27, 2011

We stayed here for one night as a group returning home from pilgrimage. First of all beware if you book a room on a Saturday you cannot get your room till after all the Jews have checked out late. We had a meeting first of all in a room, the carpet was filthy and full of old stains as was the upolstery on the chairs, the window in this room was just laid in not secured in any way. The carpet on the stairs was dirty and worn and the skirting boards were also dirty. I almost walked into the Gents by mistake (the door was wide open), the smell of stale urine nearly turned my stomach, there was paper thrown everywhere and water/urine on the floor of same. The worst was to come when we got our room. The decor was old and dated but that aside the carpet was filthy also, the bathroom floor was sticky and the lining of the curtins was dirty and all mildew, I hated taking my clothes off and going into bed, it felt grotty and crawley. I have travelled the world and stayed in basic accommodation but I have never experienced a place like this before. The dirtiest, grottiest, smelliest hotel in the world. Caroline from Ireland

Room Tip: Be sure and check out trip advisor before booking a hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple