“The Best Hotel in the strip”

Dan Panorama Tel Aviv
Ranked #45 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
New York City, New York
“The Best Hotel in the strip”
Reviewed February 25, 2011

I am an Israeli citizen who lives in NYC for the past 10 years and comes back very often (about 5 times a year) for business and pleasure. Very often I get frustrated from the hotels in Tel Aviv that charge High price and give you very little value.
After staying at the Hilton and Sheraton many times and leaving somewhat disappointed and with a large tab at check out, I decided to try the DAN PANORAMA which is located on the southern part of the "hotels strip". I must say that I was very positively surprised!
First, the hotel was recently renovated and the guest rooms are beautifully furnished with very high end contemporary furniture.
Second, The location is great. the southern part of Tel Aviv became the hottest district! whether it is "Newe' Tzedek" which is right when you walk outside of the hotel, or the "Carmel Market" which offers great attractions and Shopping, as well as the proximity to Jaffa and Rothchild avenue.
Third, the service is top quality, even in the american standards. Check in and out was quick and efficient and house keeping was always around if we needed anything.
Fourth, The food!! although we had only breakfast there, it was so delicious and we ate so much that it held us till dinner. the variety of options is amazing whether you like heavy calories pastries or if you are health food lover.
There are many more reasons but I will try to keep it short as possible.
Just try once and you will be hooked on this hotel!

Friendly advise: We decided to upgrade for the "executive floor" which gave us lounge access and it was worth the "investment! If you have a business meeting or just if you feel like having uninterrupted coffee break this is the place to be. They will treat you so nice that you will not want to leave the hotel!

1 Thank Rani15

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (672)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed February 24, 2011

I have been visiting Israel for over 40 years - for both pleasure and business. I have stayed at the most expensive and "luxury" hotels the country has to offer, and the Dan Panorama in Tel Aviv is right up there with the "best". The service offered by the staff of the hotel far exceeds that of many more expensive hotels. The location is convenient to the new Tachana attraction, the Neve Tzedek neighborhood, and the beach, as well as downtown Tel Aviv. The staff makes one feel like part of the family.

The hotel is currently undergoing some major renovation, which is scheduled for completion next month (March) in time for the Passover holiday. While the lobby is not available right now during the extensive renovations, I am looking forward to seeing the "New Hotel" when the renovations are completed and the new entrance is built.

The room rate is significantly less than many of the other "luxury" hotels, but the hotel is no less luxurious.

boston
Reviewed February 24, 2011

Put in a room with mold in the bathroon and curtains, changed the room was attempted to charge for "executive room", just the same, but renovated. Staff is friendly but very amature. I even did not get the final bill at the check out "computers down".
The breakfast facility tables, cups plain dirty. How come this hotel is4-5 star rated?

2 Thank boriknorik
Munich, Germany
Reviewed February 17, 2011

This is a difficult one. The rooms in this property are definitely nice and clean. The location is very decent. However, the service is pretty poor. I travel a lot for business and stay in many different properties. At this place I had the impression that the staff really did not enjoy what they were doing. Questions were answered but it seemed like they did not care. Check-out was a disaster. My toiletries were in complete disarray when I got back to my room in the evening. When we asked for simple things like additional coffee at breakfast, some employees made us feel like we were asking for the impossible thing. For a hotel of this category and price, you can expect more than that. A smile goes a long way. We are definitely not coming back here on our next trip.

Lucerne, Switzerland
Reviewed February 16, 2011

This hotel is right next to Neve Tzedek, the place where you want to be: full of little cool boutiques, restaurants, etc. and it is also right on the beach. The hotel is the typical a bit impersonal, but the service was impeccable, and I loved the breakfast! One day I had arrived late and they got food out of the kitchen for me!!! I really appreciated it.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 9, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel many times and have always found the staff extremely helpful, the breakfest abundent and really good, the pool really relaxing. My room is usually cleaned within a hour of my leaving in the morning and if you are missing something and call the front desk you get it within 15 minutes.
This location works really well for me its near the Carmel market, Neve Tzadek neighborhood and walking distance to the new Train station complex.
I recommend it highly.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 7, 2011

The Price:
For me, breakfast/internet/and the business lounge were included and I believe the price was equivalent or better than other hotels that I have stayed in the same general location.

I ended up staying for two weeks and can honestly say that the staff in the business lounge made this my most enjoyable trip to Israel.

The Staff:
I had flown in over night and arrived at about 10:00AM.
Mierav in business lounge was very helpful and I was able to check in early without penalty. I also had to adjust the dates of my stay during the two weeks and Mierav helped me with that too and it was no problem. I had one problem with the internet in my one room but I was immediately moved to another room.

Limor and Ketty (et al...) were very friendly in the business lounge. When you work all day, it is nice to relax and unwind with a glass of wine or a beer and to have a light snack. It is also nice when you are a solo traveler to be able to have an enjoyable conversation. These ladies were very enjoyable to talk to and I learned a few things about Israel in the process. Two thumbs up!

The Food:
Israelis are known for great selections at breakfast and this hotel is no different. The breakfast was excellent. Breads, fish, dairy, omelettes made to order. Just excellent!
The business lounge food selection understandably was not as broad as the main restaurant, but in met my needs when I needed something light.

The Room:
Clean. King size been. Flat screen TV. Balcony. Desk to work at.
Perfect.

As a business traveler, I do not many amenities however I do require a few key items to be excellent. A clean room, a good breakfast and a comfortable and inviting business lounge. The Dan Panorama met and exceeded my needs.

Thanks!