“E-Dan Gold Membership is Worthless”

Dan Panorama Tel Aviv
Ranked #47 of 103 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel over 10 days over the last 6 months. This has given me E-Dan Gold status.

Apparently when I reach 40 stays (!) I get a free night. This is significantly worse than any other major rewards program I am part of including the Intercontinental and Hyatt.

Worse off, I have shown allegiance to the hotel over the last 6 months but when I need a last minute hotel (4 days before) I was told that they were booked and could not find me a spot. I thought they should have at least tried harder to figure out an accommodation for me.

Instead I stayed for 4 days at the Crowne Plaza which I found to be much more pleasant than the Dan Panorama. My next trip I doubt I will return to the Dan Panorama.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
DanHotelsIsrael, General Manager at Dan Panorama Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear D M,
Thank you for highlighting your thoughts and for your interest into the e-dan loyalty club.
Your comments with regards to the value have been forwarded to management for further discussion.
Moreover, it is difficult to entirely pin-point the details of any reservation issues you encountered and, naturally, this is an area that we'd sincerely like to rectify.
Should you be able to do so, please do forward me any reservation details so that I may ensure of no further reocurrences of this nature; it is of utmost importance to us as a chain that our loyal guests and friends feel valued, as family. Having said that, we are currently in the midst of peak season so, understandably, last minute rooms are sometimes a little less available.
With kind regards for the time being,
Chen Michaeli
panotagm@danhotels.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,863)

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed at the Dan Panorama for 2 weeks in July, and I wanted to say that it was a great experience. The food is great, especially the breakfasts, and the service is top class. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful; from the bell hops, to the general manager and everyone in between. Special mention goes out to Sassi the Concierge, Rikki in the lobby, Na'ama at the front desk. Oren at security, and Shlomo the general manager. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody, Kal HaKavod.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mr Chalom,

Thank so much for taking the time to express your enjoyment following your recent stay; it is truly comments such as these that encourage us of a job well done.
I'll be sure to pass on your kind words to the team as a whole, thank you for enabling me to give credit where it is indeed due.
Looking forward to the next time to welcome you,
with best regards,
Chen Michaeli

Reviewed July 25, 2013

The hotel is updated and clean. Has all the things you need. The key is the people at the Dan. They take time to go the extra step. Even though I am in a foreign country I feel like I am home. They give me the same room and excellent service each and every time. I only stay at the Dan Panorama!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed here a few weeks ago with my mother. Despite many trips to Israel, she had spent hardly any time in Tel Aviv. This hotel is very convenient for the beach, Jaffa, the newly renovated, upscale train station market, Nachalat Binyamin (street fair), and many other sites. Ralph, at the front desk, was extremely helpful. He arranged for our late check-out and recommended a entertaining, hotel sponsored (included) walking tour of Neve Tzedek. The breakfasts were full-on Israeli hotel style and kept us full until dinner. The pool got a bit crowded on Saturday, but I enjoyed watching the young families frolicking. Some of the criticisms noted in other reviews are true, but for us, it was a great spot.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms face the ocean. You can look south towards Jaffa or north towards the city and the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We usually stay at the Hilton, but this time we wanted to try a hotel near the trendy Nevei Tzedek area of southern Tel-Aviv. The Dan Panorama was not the right choice. It's big and souless. The decor is standard, nothing special. The executive lounge is tiny and barely has a view. Breakfast, was just ok compared to what you get at the Hilton. The beach is a full ten minutes walk away because you have to walk north and then cross the Yarkon major roadway to get to it. The one redeeming factor were our rooms. We chose a high end suite with a great view of Jaffa and the sea. I saw the prices for regular rooms and they are well below those at the Hilton but did not see the rooms so I don't know what they look like. I would suggest this hotel only if you are on a budget. Otherwise try the much classier Intercontinental nearby if you want to stay in southern Tel-Aviv (we checked it out for a possible future stay and were sorry we did not book it instead of the Dan). Otherwise, nothing compares to the executive floor of Hilton at the northern end of Tel Aviv. That's where we usually stay, and that's where we are going next time around.

Room Tip: We only saw our room which was a high end suite with a great view. I have no idea what the regular...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Great sea views make this an outstanding hotel and it has the biggest and most pleasant pool environment....clean, lots of lounge chairs and umbrellas and again a view of the sea from the pool deck. When we arrived we were too early (12 noon) but Ralph really tried his best and had us into a room by 1:30 which was very kind because normal check-in isn't until 2pm. Mohammad was extremely friendly and helpful, and he took care of our luggage in a secure location when we had to wander the town as we awaited a late-night flight home on our last day. This hotel has amazing breakfast and you could never possibly try all the foods....stay for at least 2 or 3 or more days to enjoy the wide variety of cheeses and middle eastern dishes like bourekas or cheese pastries. I want to return to this place and you will too.

Room Tip: All seem to have a sea view which is rare for hotels, so all seemed great.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I spent a week in the Dan Panorama on a business trip. The hotel would benefit from some refurbishment, but it is still of a good standard. My room was cleaned each day with new towels as requested. The room was large with a huge bed and separate seating area and balcony. Only gripe about the room was being charged for wifi. Staff were very friendly and although a bit of a character in a direct Israeli way, Ralph on reception juggled a busy stream of customers with aplomb. Great breakfast buffet and good pool area. Great location on the beach ( across a dual carriage way) and walking distance to Jaffa. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms have been refurbished apparently and go for a higher price. Eighth floor views of Ja...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business