“Well established Tel Aviv hotel”

Dan Panorama Tel Aviv
Ranked #47 of 102 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I spent a week in the Dan Panorama on a business trip. The hotel would benefit from some refurbishment, but it is still of a good standard. My room was cleaned each day with new towels as requested. The room was large with a huge bed and separate seating area and balcony. Only gripe about the room was being charged for wifi. Staff were very friendly and although a bit of a character in a direct Israeli way, Ralph on reception juggled a busy stream of customers with aplomb. Great breakfast buffet and good pool area. Great location on the beach ( across a dual carriage way) and walking distance to Jaffa. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms have been refurbished apparently and go for a higher price. Eighth floor views of Ja...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,811)

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We spent 6 days in Dan Panorama Tel Aviv in May 2013. Overall it was a great holiday because of the trips we took and the 2 days spent on the beach. The hotel is good for Tel Aviv but not worth the money. We had a renovated room which was ok, spacious and with a small balcony. Staff was not friendly at all ( this is to be nice). Just after arrival I took a shower and discovered the hairdryer wasn't working. I called 4 times the reception every time they said a new one will be brought to my room after one hour I have lost my patience and as my hair was almost dried by itself we left for a walk. On my way I stopped at the reception to tell them once again the hair dryer wasn't working in our superior double room ( !). They were probably busy or something but acted rather rude and asked me to wait in line with the people checking in before I can tell anything to the receptionist, the same receptionist which I have already called 4 times from the room with the same issue.I must mention that in the evening when I came back a new hairdryer was in the room. The next day we left something at the reception for a friend with the name written on a small piece of paper. The next day we spent 30 minutes searching for that package as nobody knew what happened to it. It miraculously appeared on the reception desk at some point and nobody knew how. The feeling is that they just don't care. I almost forgot, during the 6 day stay the room was cleaned 4 times and 2 days it wasn't. The do not disturb was not on, and it was not shabat. I didn't ask the reception as I just didn't feel like talking to them again... No big deal just an observation of how things work.
Breakfast had a large selection of good things but for the most popular (like coffee, orange juice, eggs) there are always some 5-10 people waiting in line.
Pool are is ok, not great but ok, with some separation for kids which was nice but the water between 5-11 May was rather cold. The sea was warmer and the hotel is close to the beach although not just in front of the it but 5 minutes walk.

Israel by itself is a wonderful country so it is not abut the hotel you stay in but about the things you get to see and the way you feel there. Israelis are nice ( not particularly the staff at our hotel but in general) it is a special country with special people.

Room Tip: Renovated rooms on higher floors to avoid the street noise..We had side sea view and it was nice.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Hereby I want to share with other travelers, our wonderful stay in this 5 star hotel.
We ( 2 adults and 2 children) experienced a good, warm full, (child)friendly hospitality during our 1 week stay in July.
The room (a Junior Suite) is a spacious  2 room Suite with 2 separate bathrooms, which is more than enough
to accommodate a family !!!
And what can I say about their breakfast... In 1 word AMAZING.
Their choices are enormous, fresh and very tasteful.
The staff is very helpful and always with a smile .
The kids just loved the pool, there was enough space to swim and play around.
The hotel location is fabulous and you can easily walk to Jaffa, Neve Tsedek, Shenkin and Nachalat Binyamin.
So over all this is certainly a hotel which we would come back for again and highly recommend !!!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in June for 4 nights. This was our third time at this hotel in recent years. This stay was very disappointing. It started at check in. I had asked the travel agent to have the hotel make a note that we were celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary. At check in the front desk person acknowledged our anniversary. Upon arrival in the room we were surprised that there was nothing to recognize our 40th. No wine, no fruit, no chocolate...nothing. It was just a matter of principal for us. We, of course, did not really care about the possible 'gift'.
Now for the room. It is getting tired and in need of renovation. The shower was a combo bathtub/shower. It was unsafe because the bathtub was extremely slippery and very narrow, The shower curtain was threadbare and would touch you when the shower (pressure) was on.
It felt very unsanitary.
The only good thing that we can say is that the breakfast remains great and, of course, the location is also very convenient.
Unfortunately it would appear that Dan Panorama Tel Aviv (and its sister hotel in Jerusalem) are in need of makeovers and that they clearly are catering to large tour groups and have lost interest in the individual traveller

Room Tip: Make sure the shower is upgraded or renovated.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Just back from a professional event in Tel Aviv where I stayed for 5 nights in the Dan Panorama. This hotel cost $220 per night which, according to my experience (I travel alot), is expensive and should be indicative of certain standards. Upon arrival at 1.00 am I discovered a rotten apple core on the floor in my room, which must have been there for weeks. In the bathroom, there were lots of hairs around and I had to put the head of the shower back on properly, because when I took a first shower, water sprayed everywhere. The next day I discovered that breakfast was very nice, but apart from the servers who were polite, the welcome was indifferent (some mornings it was even glacial). Back up in my room, which had been "made up", I found the apple core was still there. To get rid of it, I had to call cleaning staff and point it out. Later in the week, after my room was "made up" again, I found crushed peanuts on the room's carpet. The problem was that these had not been there when I left the room in the morning! To cap my unpleasant stay, I had difficulties when I asked reception staff to print out my flight boarding cards. Basically, nobody wanted to help me at first. Finally the concierge did it. Added to the fact that WiFi is not included in the price, I would not advise anybody to go to this hotel until the staff change there attitude, which probably means until the management changes.

Room Tip: All bedrooms have a view of the sea. I was on the 5th floor and this was great. Nevertheless, the ai...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Very conveniently located. Ultra modern and somewhat lacking in the charm that I love, but friendly, helpful staff, great pool, nice room. Nice breakfast. Can't speak to the quality of the spa, as I didn't use it. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We booked a sea view balcony room with double bed configuration that had the two single beds made separately and pushed together. It was a smoking room, a rare find in Tel Aviv. Check in was for 2 pm onward and having arrived early into Tel Aviv was given the room before 9 am thanks to the friendly reception staff. They even made us a coffee while we waited for the room. The house keeping staff were great bringing extra of coffee & sugar we requested and delivered a gift to the room of chocolates for us to enjoy during the stay. It was a clean and large size room with a sofa area. The balcony was small however was enjoyable to have the door open and fresh air circulate in the room. The bathroom had a good selection of amenities and the shower was over the bath with a good water pressure! The complaint of the room was loud drill work was occurring on the hotel floor below ours during the day and it made it impossible to rest during the afternoon on the day of departure that we'd paid late check out for. Communication of the work and the hours it would be to/from would have been appreciated.

WIFI was free in the hotel lobby however in the room was USD $20 for 24 hours. There was a lobby bar that was opened the Friday night and free wifi was in that area also. The breakfast was included in our room rate and it was a delicious Israeli breakfast and there was an excellent choice of food and drinks. There was also a coffee bar corner where we walked up and gave our orders to the staff making them.

Overall a very good stay at this hotel. Enjoyed walking the esplanade up to the main areas of the city and it was with little mini grocers in the area so forgotten supplies could easily be picked up without having to go too far. Would consider staying here again if got a good price package.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple