Dan Panorama Tel Aviv
$277
$270
  • Bar/Lounge
Arcadia Tower Hotel(Tel Aviv)(Great Value!)
$214
$187
  • Beachfront
Hilton Tel Aviv(Tel Aviv)
$612
$390
$352
Agoda.com
  • Pool
The Rothschild 71(Tel Aviv)
$316
$300
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
2,916 results
All reviewscarmel loungecarmel marketneve tzedekexecutive roombreakfast buffettour groupduty managermediterranean seasmall balconyguest servicessea viewreception deskbusiness loungejaffadanisraelconcierge
Reviewed November 6, 2012

On a recent trip to Tel Aviv we stayed at the Dan Panorama at the start and then again at the end of the trip. We thought the hotel was outstanding. The room had a water view; the staff could not have been more helpful; the breakfast was terrific; and the location was perfect. Go and enjoy!

Room Tip: Sign up for the e-Dan Club in advance to ensure a good room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank judy z
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We were put into this chain of hotels by Noah Israel Tours after we had paid a considerable amount to upgrade to the Superior level of accommodations for our tour. What a disappointment! The lobby was mediocre but deluxe compared to the hallways, which had chipped paint, holes in the woodwork, and dirty, frayed carpets. The rooms had thin doors and walls, dirty windows, and terrible hair dryers--the old "vacuum cleaner" style. The breakfast is good, and the dinner is all right if you like brightly lit, over the top buffets. Take my advice and steer clear!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stayed at the Dan Panorama for 4 nights as I was on a business trip. It's confusing they actually have 2 hotels: the Dan Tel Aviv and the Dan Panorama Tel Aviv, not clear which is which and I had to take a taxi to the Panorama one.

The location: it's just ok, a 10 min walk to the beach and you can see it from the room, but the area around has nothing to offer and is at least 15 mins away walking from any kind of action. Further up the beach is much better.

The service: not good enough. Staff never smiled, seemed uninterested and I asked for something twice before they actually bothered to do something about it - having to ask more than once is NOT good. Bar staff was a bit more friendly but we were having a business conversation and their timing couldn't be more intrusive every time as they tend to interrupt you.

The food: being a Kosher hotel, there is no meat for breakfast and that's alright, except it's akward to have Ravioli and Mackerel for breakfast, alongside weird-tasting scrambled eggs and salmon and discoloured melon. Really poor table service ("may I bring you some coffee" was only asked one day, at the end of the breakfast). There was no menu in my room so I naturally can't review the room service.

The room: barely alright. It turns out a double bed means two twins put together (NOT good), the room was spacious enough, the bathroom is small and with no shower curtain but half a glass enclosure so the floor gets wet, no bath mat and I almost fell 3 times, there is no wall between the bathroom and the bed but just a glass so you can see, even if you have blinds it's weird. The furniture is a bit damaged. There is a balcony so you can stand outside.

WiFi: I have to mention this separately. First of all, it's expensive. For what you pay, it's REALLY slow and unreliable and you can't just charge it to your room unless you call the front desk and ask, in which case they bring you a receipt with a login code which only works on the first device you activate and nothing else after. If you don't do this but do it via the launch site, you can only pay by credit card using a very convoluted system and that is just as slow (like REALLY slow) and flakey. There is free WiFi on the Lounge Level (not the Lobby) but that is sometimes fast, sometimes painfully slow. Having charges, a difficult system and poor connection is terrible in this day and age.

Gym: tiny bedroom sized with basic gym equipment.

Issues: my aircon in the room wasn't working as it was only blowing really cold recycled air. Even after turning it off, it was still a very light blow and when I woke up after the first night my throat was dry and sinuses aching. I asked them in the morning to have it fixed, move me or get me a heater. Nothing was done by 7pm as I asked so I asked them to fix it ASAP and they got me a tiny heater (alright to help a bit but not alright to warm up the room) and every night was a pain with recycled air. I would have opened the door to the balcony if it wasn't for the very noisy traffic outside. My room was basically a freezer. Also, they charged me for extra stuff from the minibar that I never even opened, and couldn't sort out an issue they had when checking out and said "it will take weeks to fix". What it was, god knows but that makes me feel really uncomfortable.

All in all this was a bad experience with a lot of hassling, things that were missing (working aircon, room service menu, bath mat, working or free WiFi), solutions were barely provided upon asking more than once, general "don't bother me" attitude and anything exciting miles away.

Will I stay there again? No way Jose, I'm sure there are lots of hotels with similar issues (if not less) far closer to nice cafes and restaurants. This hotel was FULL of coach loads of tour groups and I'm sure this works well for them, but not for a serious business traveller. Or anyone looking for a decent experience in such a thriving city.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed here mid-September for one night, I arrived just before midnight. Asking reception for a smoking room, was met with a grunt of did you request one and a lot of key board bashing. Asked where the bar was, which was met with even more distain. It’s midnight and you want to drink ! , sorry I thought I was in a hotel, in a so called 24 hour city. Asked if there was anywhere near, well if you want to walk you can go here, or maybe here huff puff you the know type.

Up to the room, well it was only for the night, so never mind the dirty floor, the dust on the side, balcony the size of a postage stamp. And general dingy atmosphere. Oh well back out for a drink, walked back down the dingy corridors past all the rooms service trays with half eaten food.

So next morning to Breakfast, for Israel it was poor, if you have never seen an Israeli hotel buffet break before you might be impressed, but only because you have never seen a real one before. Bit of a disappointment. Decided to go for a quick swim, nice pool area if you don’t mind the traffic roaring past a floor below. Back to room, packed and left and will never return.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurb room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Great location, walk distance from old Jaffo and from the Marina, 20-30min drive from Ben Gurion international airport. Great service: laundry, room service, housekeeping... all 10/10. I stayed at 16th floor - executive room, access to business lounge included. Room was clean, neat, quiet, comfortable. Sea view balcony. All amenities available on site (swimming pool, gym, spa...) Staff was polite, helpful and efficient. Hotel organizes free sightseeing tours of Jerusalem on Saturdays. Breakfast was good, but somewhat different from what an average American or European person would usually expect. Wi-Fi available, but not free. Not the quickest either. Room rates may seem high at first, but you do get what you pay for. Overall, very good.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business