“Dan Panorama Tel Aviv” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #47 of 98 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Boston, Massachusetts
“Dan Panorama Tel Aviv”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

On a recent trip to Tel Aviv we stayed at the Dan Panorama at the start and then again at the end of the trip. We thought the hotel was outstanding. The room had a water view; the staff could not have been more helpful; the breakfast was terrific; and the location was perfect. Go and enjoy!

Room Tip: Sign up for the e-Dan Club in advance to ensure a good room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank judy z

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (645)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Sonoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

We were put into this chain of hotels by Noah Israel Tours after we had paid a considerable amount to upgrade to the Superior level of accommodations for our tour. What a disappointment! The lobby was mediocre but deluxe compared to the hallways, which had chipped paint, holes in the woodwork, and dirty, frayed carpets. The rooms had thin doors and walls, dirty windows, and terrible hair dryers--the old "vacuum cleaner" style. The breakfast is good, and the dinner is all right if you like brightly lit, over the top buffets. Take my advice and steer clear!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stayed at the Dan Panorama for 4 nights as I was on a business trip. It's confusing they actually have 2 hotels: the Dan Tel Aviv and the Dan Panorama Tel Aviv, not clear which is which and I had to take a taxi to the Panorama one.

The location: it's just ok, a 10 min walk to the beach and you can see it from the room, but the area around has nothing to offer and is at least 15 mins away walking from any kind of action. Further up the beach is much better.

The service: not good enough. Staff never smiled, seemed uninterested and I asked for something twice before they actually bothered to do something about it - having to ask more than once is NOT good. Bar staff was a bit more friendly but we were having a business conversation and their timing couldn't be more intrusive every time as they tend to interrupt you.

The food: being a Kosher hotel, there is no meat for breakfast and that's alright, except it's akward to have Ravioli and Mackerel for breakfast, alongside weird-tasting scrambled eggs and salmon and discoloured melon. Really poor table service ("may I bring you some coffee" was only asked one day, at the end of the breakfast). There was no menu in my room so I naturally can't review the room service.

The room: barely alright. It turns out a double bed means two twins put together (NOT good), the room was spacious enough, the bathroom is small and with no shower curtain but half a glass enclosure so the floor gets wet, no bath mat and I almost fell 3 times, there is no wall between the bathroom and the bed but just a glass so you can see, even if you have blinds it's weird. The furniture is a bit damaged. There is a balcony so you can stand outside.

WiFi: I have to mention this separately. First of all, it's expensive. For what you pay, it's REALLY slow and unreliable and you can't just charge it to your room unless you call the front desk and ask, in which case they bring you a receipt with a login code which only works on the first device you activate and nothing else after. If you don't do this but do it via the launch site, you can only pay by credit card using a very convoluted system and that is just as slow (like REALLY slow) and flakey. There is free WiFi on the Lounge Level (not the Lobby) but that is sometimes fast, sometimes painfully slow. Having charges, a difficult system and poor connection is terrible in this day and age.

Gym: tiny bedroom sized with basic gym equipment.

Issues: my aircon in the room wasn't working as it was only blowing really cold recycled air. Even after turning it off, it was still a very light blow and when I woke up after the first night my throat was dry and sinuses aching. I asked them in the morning to have it fixed, move me or get me a heater. Nothing was done by 7pm as I asked so I asked them to fix it ASAP and they got me a tiny heater (alright to help a bit but not alright to warm up the room) and every night was a pain with recycled air. I would have opened the door to the balcony if it wasn't for the very noisy traffic outside. My room was basically a freezer. Also, they charged me for extra stuff from the minibar that I never even opened, and couldn't sort out an issue they had when checking out and said "it will take weeks to fix". What it was, god knows but that makes me feel really uncomfortable.

All in all this was a bad experience with a lot of hassling, things that were missing (working aircon, room service menu, bath mat, working or free WiFi), solutions were barely provided upon asking more than once, general "don't bother me" attitude and anything exciting miles away.

Will I stay there again? No way Jose, I'm sure there are lots of hotels with similar issues (if not less) far closer to nice cafes and restaurants. This hotel was FULL of coach loads of tour groups and I'm sure this works well for them, but not for a serious business traveller. Or anyone looking for a decent experience in such a thriving city.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Brighton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed here mid-September for one night, I arrived just before midnight. Asking reception for a smoking room, was met with a grunt of did you request one and a lot of key board bashing. Asked where the bar was, which was met with even more distain. It’s midnight and you want to drink ! , sorry I thought I was in a hotel, in a so called 24 hour city. Asked if there was anywhere near, well if you want to walk you can go here, or maybe here huff puff you the know type.

Up to the room, well it was only for the night, so never mind the dirty floor, the dust on the side, balcony the size of a postage stamp. And general dingy atmosphere. Oh well back out for a drink, walked back down the dingy corridors past all the rooms service trays with half eaten food.

So next morning to Breakfast, for Israel it was poor, if you have never seen an Israeli hotel buffet break before you might be impressed, but only because you have never seen a real one before. Bit of a disappointment. Decided to go for a quick swim, nice pool area if you don’t mind the traffic roaring past a floor below. Back to room, packed and left and will never return.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurb room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Great location, walk distance from old Jaffo and from the Marina, 20-30min drive from Ben Gurion international airport. Great service: laundry, room service, housekeeping... all 10/10. I stayed at 16th floor - executive room, access to business lounge included. Room was clean, neat, quiet, comfortable. Sea view balcony. All amenities available on site (swimming pool, gym, spa...) Staff was polite, helpful and efficient. Hotel organizes free sightseeing tours of Jerusalem on Saturdays. Breakfast was good, but somewhat different from what an average American or European person would usually expect. Wi-Fi available, but not free. Not the quickest either. Room rates may seem high at first, but you do get what you pay for. Overall, very good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
New Jersey
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,629 helpful votes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

I only stayed at this hotel for one night and it was wildly overpriced for what it is, but my room, the breakfast, the level of cleanliness and the sea-front view were quite nice. Since I checked in late in the evening and left rather early in the morning I can't say much about this hotel, but I would not stay here again considering my feeling that the value for money paid was less than average.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
St. Albans, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Our first room had broken glass on the floor, the next room was dark and dingy, stained carpets, thick dust on the socket for the mini bar, which is still there, unfinished replaced mastic in bathroom and a grubby old fashioned hairdryer. When we found the glass in the first room we really believed we would be upgraded by way of an apology - as any decent hotel would - but finally on our third room - which we paid extra form on the 16th floor as it was refurbished, all we got was free entry to the Executive Lounge, which the book in the room stated was open to residents of the Executive Lounge, but the pleasant Guest Relations Manager stated was an extra but she gave to us. There is still a touch of Israeli arrogance about the attitude in which we were dealt with or not dealt with. Wifi only available in the Lobby Lounge inside, managed occasionally to get it by the Pool which was cluttered with sun-beds sardine style. I really don't want to touch arms with strangers! The evening buffet that we took on arrival after the glass incident and we were very tired from a day's traveling was extortionately priced. However for people that like to stuff them selves I suppose it is good value. The breakfast buffet was great, but the dining room very tired and old fashioned with awful polystyrene tiles on the wall.

When we complained about the poor state of the second room on the 12 floor and the Guest Relations Manager spent time speaking to us, we did say we had photographed the flaws in this room, surprisingly she did not ask to see the pictures. Perhaps I'll download them and attach to a letter to the Directors. My Husband asked to be contacted by the Hotel General Manager and 2 weeks after arriving home - we are still waiting, ie he/she couldn't be bothered to contact us when we were in the hotel. As stated a certain arrogance in the management, even the Duty Manger only spouted apologies but had to call his manager to see if we could be upgraded free or even at half what we actually paid. I did offer half of the actual cost stating "better to earn something than nothing from an empty room" but the room on the 12 floor was so disgusting we paid full wack anyway, jsut to get better accommodation. We did try and get into the David Intercontinental where are friends were staying for their daughter's wedding, but unfortunately it was full. We would have loved to given the Dan Pan the "V" sign!!!

Room Tip: Ensure you take a room 16th and above these are classed as Executive Rooms and were obviously refurb...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
DanHotelsIsrael, Management at Dan Panorama Tel Aviv, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear Sharon W,
Thank you for taking the time to detail your experiences thoroughly and precisely; it is only through guests feedback such as this that enables us to develop our service delivery.
We strive to deliver the very best in services and facilities throughout the hotel so are always very sorry to hear when guests feel that we have fallen short. Whilst this comes a little late to rectify for you, I can assure you your constructive comments have been taken on board for further review and investigation, thank you for highlighting these necessities to us.
It is a regret that you encountered this confusion during your stay and we'd very much like to ensure of a smoother stay on your next visit; as such, please do contact me directly on PanoramaTA-GM@danhotels.com so as I can be sure you experience the Dan Panorama Tel Aviv in all its glory.
With thanks and kind regards,
Chen Michaeli