We are repeat customers staying at least twice a year for anything up to 2 weeks at a time for best part of the last 10 years so i can't think of a higher recommendation,
We make use of the carmel lounge on the executive floors which despite the additional cost is actually great value if you make use of it for *free* (you have actually paid for them !) soft drinks, nibbles, wine, beer, cakes and a light and early (6pm) dinner only drawback of the carmel lounge is if you have children under 18 then unfortunately the hotel doesn't allow them access to the carmel lounge and disappointingly doesn't provide any alternative as often happens at other hotels where drinks, cakes and ice cream for children are provided free by the pool or in the lobby. the people serving in the carmel lounge are for the most part very obliging particularly those on reception.
We always find the hotel to be clean, the reception staff on the gound floor and in the dining room very helpful and the food at both breakfast and dinner at shabbat and holidays (we're too full for lunch ! and there are far too many nice restaurants nearby to eat dinner in the hotel on other nights so i can't comment on a dinner that isn't on a friday night or jewish holiday) to be of a very high standard and plentiful as they are always buffet style and though might sound expensive well worth their money.
A number of the staff we have got to know personally and all the staff almost without exception are keen to oblige in any way possible.
Wifi is free in the lobby area but otherwise everywhere else in the hotel including even in the executive lounge paid for, which is a shame as it should be free and is actually quite expensive so make alternative arrangements if you need regular access otherwise the carmel lounge,if you have access, does provide free access to 2 Pc's with internet if all you need is a daily review of your emails, etc.
The room sizes and furniture are perfectly adequate for up to 3 people and the refurbished floors are done to a high standard though those rooms with showers only might seem a little strange as they have 2 showers and a window to the bedroom - i'm sure the designer knew what they were doing :-)
The downstairs lobby and reception are also of a high standard, having not long been refurbished;
There is a perfectly adequate and modern gym save for a lack of space for free weights and nice size pool, only drawback to the pool is it opening too late and closing too early having regard to the weather which would encourage me to stay longer in the pool area. When open the pool bar has a comprehensive selection of food, however at jewish holiday time things change a little at the pool bar and not always for the better so be warned.
very nearby is the renowned carmel market and on tuesdays and fridays a very nice craft market also within short walking distance, also opened in the last 2 years is the refurbished disused ex-railway station to jerusalem which has nice restaurants (only 1 kosher) and bars and nightlife (known locally as the hatachana) and the *apparently* trendy area of neve tsedek is right behind the hotel, whilst the financial district is a short cab ride or a reasonable walk, in addition the walk into jaffa along the promenade is lovely and jaffa port is also slowly becoming refurbished and the flea market (like a boot fair without cars as english or yard sale for americans) is worth a visit. likewise if you are using a car the hotel is well located to go in any direction via the ayalon highway which is relatively nearby and easily accessible except in peak traffic time, In my opinion i have to say that the hotel's location is excellent and one of its best features
across from the front of the hotel is a lovely promenade in which you can walk or cycle, and little children can play, when the sun is shining - a walk along the promenade makes you forget all your problems alternatively it is easy to rent bikes from the municpality who have a bike rental stop just opposite the hotel going towards jaffa for not very much, you can then ride south towards Jaffa and further such as bat yam or rishon lezion or north to the hayarkon park or the much nearer refurbished tel aviv port, which has a fantastic nightlife, if you're that way inclined.
if i have 1 major gripe it is the lifts/elevators which on shabbat and jewish holidays are simply unable to cope and most frustratingly if you are on any of the floors above the reception and looby give no idea what floor the elevator is on and thus you can wait an inordinate and unreasonable time, if you're fit its often quicker to walk even from the 18th floor !
i would say that on an international level this is a good standard business hotel and a high standard holiday hotel and i would certainly recommend staying there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A five star deluxe hotel with a beautiful beachfront location, the Dan Panorama Tel Aviv is situated opposite vast park areas with easy access to South Tel Aviv's stunning beaches. Hotel guests can walk to the Jaffa Old City and Port, Neve Tzedek and the new 'Tachana' shopping and entertainment zone. Guests of the Dan Panorama can enjoy the revamped public areas including expansive lobby areas where free Wi-Fi is available. The hotel has an exclusive Executive Lounge located on top floor of the hotel offering complimentary drinks and snacks all day, with outstanding views over the city skyline and sea. Hotel guests can relax and unwind in the newly refurbished indoor spa area with treatment rooms and Jacuzzi. The Dan Panorama Tel Aviv also features a Convention centre, hosting events of up to 1000 people.482 rooms including family units and Executive Suites. Large open air pool and Daniland kids club (both open seasonally) All rates include Service Charge. Tourists with B2 and B3 Entry Visa stamped in their foreign passport are exempt from VAT. Israeli guests are subject to pay VAT. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Dan Panorama Tel Aviv reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dan Panorama Tel Aviv Hotel Tel Aviv
- Dan Panorama Hotel Tel Aviv
- Tel Aviv Dan Panorama