I've stayed at this Hotel many times so I knew what to expect, I always deal with Ralph on the front desk if I need anything done, he organised a fridge in my mothers room for her medication.
In most aspects this Hotel performs to adequate standards, it's not the Hilton and never will be, it's a reasonable place to stay but there is always room for improvement.
Facilities are reasonable and location is convenient, the mini bar prices are very expensive and suggest a visit to local shops to stock up on essentials.
The spa is good, and there is a gym too, never used the gym but had an amazing massage.
Wifi is now available free in the Lobby and entrance area, so in the lounge people tend to sit about checking their emails and Facebook feeds,and the staff keep asking you if you want eat or order from the Lobby Lounge, and most don't as they are just checking their emails. If wifi was not some unreasonable daily figure for your room I would have taken it, but it was just too expensive, most hotels now have it for free, even the small boutique ones.
Taking the executive floor rooms was not really worth the extra money having done that before, the rooms are better and access to the lounge on the top floor is not all that it should be for the money so we all stayed on "normal" floors. The rooms are getting a bit tried and bathrooms can due with sprucing up, it would be better if they were cleaned to a better standard, floors cleaned behind the doors and under he sink area better, and stocking of the tea and coffee making facilities was not always replenished, necessitating either a phone call or easier finding the housekeeping trolley and replenishing what I needed myself.
Most of the Staff are helpful and friendly, but there are some that need to smile more often as they look like don't really want to be there.
Breakfast is really something to experience, it's very difficult not to be satisfied after eating here the range is vast and plentiful,although the crockery and cutlery could have been a bit cleaner, the piped music in the morning was very dour/sombre and classical, i spoke to Gidon(nice guy) the head waiter and we agreed on our top ten preferred artists and he said he would try to change the cd. Similarly evening meals were of a high standard and I ate twice in the lobby and enjoyed both meals too. Jimmy the Thai chef deserves special mention as his food was really tasty.
One of my complaints is the influx of locals for the weekend, that really made the hotel a rather noisy place to be, especially round the pool area, and it becomes difficult to get a seat, I gave up as it was just so noisy and busy. But come Saturday eve quiet was resumed as most of the locals went home leaving the tourists and a Tour Plus group that was staying for the Succoth holidays. That group although quite large had their own agenda and separate activities and was very organised.
One thing that bothered me from a safety point of view, and I told three separate members of staff and it made no difference, was the fact that exit/escape doors were padlocked and chained, so should the need arise to evacuate the room, corridor or even the main exit right hand door,in a fire or panic situation,it would be impossible to do so, and would have caused without doubt injuries and possibly fatalities. The hotel managment need to take this very seriously, not just with a shrug of the shoulders which is what happened when I pointed it out on three occasions.This is serious failing and I should not have to resort to trip advisor to inform them of it.
We were celebrating my mothers special birthday whilst we were staying here, my brother and his wife came from California so we had three rooms in total. We took the opportunity on the Wednesday (very quiet) to invite people over for lunch so there were maybe 12 of us round the pool having lunch, one of our guests had their two children with her and we were charged pool entrance for them, it just felt a little like I was being ripped off and on querying this with guest services managed to get a reduction of 25%, my wife thought that had we informed the managment prior to them coming,we might not have been charged, but why were we only charged for three not the other 9 and having spent money in the pool bar it just felt odd and not right, they need to review this policy.
So would I stay here again, possibly, but looking on trip advisor there are choices so I will think again next time I book.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A five star deluxe hotel with a beautiful beachfront location, the Dan Panorama Tel Aviv is situated opposite vast park areas with easy access to South Tel Aviv's stunning beaches. Hotel guests can walk to the Jaffa Old City and Port, Neve Tzedek and the new 'Tachana' shopping and entertainment zone. Guests of the Dan Panorama can enjoy the revamped public areas including expansive lobby areas where free Wi-Fi is available. The hotel has an exclusive Executive Lounge located on top floor of the hotel offering complimentary drinks and snacks all day, with outstanding views over the city skyline and sea. Hotel guests can relax and unwind in the newly refurbished indoor spa area with treatment rooms and Jacuzzi. The Dan Panorama Tel Aviv also features a Convention centre, hosting events of up to 1000 people.482 rooms including family units and Executive Suites. Large open air pool and Daniland kids club (both open seasonally) All rates include Service Charge. Tourists with B2 and B3 Entry Visa stamped in their foreign passport are exempt from VAT. Israeli guests are subject to pay VAT. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dan Panorama Tel Aviv reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dan Panorama Tel Aviv Hotel Tel Aviv
- Dan Panorama Hotel Tel Aviv
- Tel Aviv Dan Panorama