“Carmel Lounge floors are the best!”

Dan Panorama Tel Aviv
Ranked #47 of 103 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We highly recommend staying in one of the Executive rooms on the upper floors; the room was nicely renovated and it entitles you to quick check-in at the Lounge upon arrival + continuous use of the Lounge for coffee, cake and snacks throughout the day, as well as a light dairy dinner every night (free of charge). What a relaxing stay! (The Executive floors are not for children under the age of 18.)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HJBJerusalem
Write a ReviewReviews (2,863)

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I was here as part of a tour group from the US. The location was good and the hotel has really nice common areas, such as the lobby and the bars. There was free wifi in the bar area which I really liked. We had a decent dinner in the restaurant there, too. The rooms were alright and a step below in comparison to how nice the lobby and bar areas were. I thought the pool was very nice and it was large.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This hotel purports to be a 5 star hotel and there are some aspects which do live up to this but the reality is that it has a four star feel and the quality of service is not good.

Without going into a litany of issues here is an example. We arrived to find one of the rooms we booked provided continuous running water..... except it was down the walls. Now most hotels would offer to change the room not advise "you must have opened the window with the aircon on" followed by "we will get someone to wipe it down". A simple escalation to the manager (which we had to do every time we needed something sorted) got it resolved and a new room was found.

Due to a late departure we wanted to keep our room for an hour and a half longer than the checkout time - denied (even friends on the same floor were given permission). Escalated to customer services manager ...... a mutually acceptable time was agreed.

Lesson learnt - front desk staff are unable to make customer focussed decisions without escalating to their managers - my advice - skip the middle men and go straight to the manager

We asked room service for our complimentary water to be provided (they had forgotten to replenish) 3 phone calls, a trip to the front desk and 2 hours later - duly delivered. My son had to wait 4 hours..... is this a record?

It would seem that part of the staff's job description is that it is a sackable offence to smile. I have never seen such a glum collection of people working in a hotel. Everything was an effort, there were no welcomes; good morning etc.

Having said that..... the pool area is great (although no pool side service - you have to queue up at a bar); the location is superb - walking distance to most tourist sights , shopping, beach etc. The rooms were well appointed although the lift areas were rather tired. Breakfast is as one expects from Israeli hotels - a veritable feast.

The common areas are ok and I mean just ok - not the sort of places you want to linger longer than you have to.

Wifi is free in the lobby but at an exorbitant price in your room - why a 5 star hotel has to be so cheap with guests paying a premium is beyond me and its time that the management stopped being so greedy.

The concierge is hit and miss - it depends on who is on duty as to the quality of service.

Some Tips for the hotel management:
- invest in staff training especially on customer focus
- offer a poolside drinks service with staff coming round to the sunbeds
- free wifi in all rooms
- agree a service level for room service

Would I stay there again - probably because the location and the pool are great but I would set my expectations much lower next time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
DanHotelsIsrael, Management at Dan Panorama Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your detailed review and your constructive comments on the Front desk staff, the room service, and pool bar area.
We have noted your positive remarks on the location and pool, and we will spare no efforts to stand by your present high expectation next time you visit us.
Chen Michaeli
Dan Panorama Tel Aviv

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Ok so i stayed here for 2 nights sept 11-13 . when i first arrived my room was not ready and it was 5 pm so after a long day of touring i was very upset at this point i had a bad taste in my mouth , than this wonderful manager comes and changes my whole trip .. she upgraded me to a suite with a amazing view bar and separate living area and even sent me a little cake for my birthday which was the 12th .. the breakfast was amazing everything you could ask for , only thing the staff in the restaurant was so so they could smile a little more wouldn't hurt .. but overall my stay was perfect thanks to the beautiful woman i forget her name :(
but EVERYONE MUST STAY HERE AT LEAST ONCE !!!! ALSO CHECK OUT THE SPA THERE IT IS WONDERFUL!!!!! AND TRY THERE TEA :)

Room Tip: ask for a newer room either side ocean or city view is beautiful ....
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My wife and myself stayed at this hotel for 9 nights in September 2012. We stayed half-board. The first thing I should mention is the food. The variety, quantity and quality of the food, at the breakfast and dinner buffets, is wonderful. Even in 9 days it is impossible to try everything! There is also a pool-side bar selling drinks and very nice food during the day. The swimming pool is nice, with plenty of sun-beds and free towels.
All the staff at the hotel are very friendly and helpful. The hotel is situated just across the road from the beach, and just a 15 minute walk down the promenade to the 4000 year old town of Jaffa. Our room (and the bed) was very comfortable and we had a view of the sea (beautiful sunset) and Jaffa from the balcony.
The only problem that we encounted during our stay, was that our room key swipe cards, failed to open our door on 5 occasions. The problem was resolved quickly by the staff on each occasion, but we noticed that others also had the same problem with their cards.
Overall we had a wonderful stay and we would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MichalZ_11
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We have been returning to this hotel for the last 25 years, originally with our children when they were young and now with our grandchildren. As always we get a great welcome from the staff with all the familiar faces that have worked there for years. To us this speaks greatly of the management under the General Manager Chen, as staff are so happy to work there. The familiar faces for us are Ralph on the front desk, Karen Ben Nun from Customer relations together with Michal Gadot and Brad who tend to all our needs also other familiar faces who are delighted to assist you and show kindness only wanting to please. Nothing is too much trouble. We are delighted that the new Danyland room was open for our grandchildren.to enjoy. Our grandson who was only 10months old, enjoyed the soft play area. Our grandaughter who is 6 loved the arts and crafts and computers. The staff in Danyland were wonderful.

We had executive bedrooms with lounge passes and found them to be of a good standard. The executive lounge is lovely. The food served there is as good as any high class restaurant. We felt that maybe they could offer a little more variety for lunch rather than crudite and cake!

The Dan Panorama Tel Aviv serve the best breakfast in Israel with a wonderful array of hot and cold foods to suit anyone's appetite.

The pool area is great and we cannot forget to mention the Pool waiter Barry who is always so helpful and only wants to please. We were delighted to see suggestions we made regarding the lunch facilities last year were implemented this year.

This end of Tel Aviv for many years was not the place to be but NOW it is right in the heart of the action with nearby Neve Tsedek and the great Railway Station with shops and restaurants.

We think that the downsides to the hotel are having to pay for internet and that some of the older rooms have not been refurbished! They need to also refurbish their basic rooms.

We saw the refurbishments last year which were excellent all around the main areas. The outside could do with a facelift as could the first floor where they used to hold wedding ceremonies as it is not a very pleasant view from your room.

Overall we will of course be visiting the DAN PANORAMA Tel Aviv again.

Once again our thanks to Chen, Keren, Michal, Ralph, Brad, Barry, Mohammed, Malka and the rest of the Dan Panorama Tel Aviv Staff.

We would highly recommend this hotel to our family and friends and anyone reading Tripadvisor!

Room Tip: We prefer the Tel Aviv facing rooms, as we prefer the view, others may prefer the Jaffa view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DEENA G
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed at the Tel Aviv Dan Panorama twice during my May/June Globus tour of Israel and Jordan. I'll address my one negative point first as this is why I say I had a mixed experience with this hotel and why I gave it a 3 out of 5. I arrived at 3:45 p.m. on May 19th. The 19th was a Saturday which is the Jewish Sabbath as I understand it. I mention this as I think it was a factor in why my room wasn't ready. The reception staff also used the excuse that I was part of a tour group except my tour group didn't arrive until the next day. I arrived a day early so, I could recover from the long flights and be fully rested when my tour kicked off. Reception told me and my travel friend to come back in an hour and our rooms would be ready. We went to the hotel bar and knocked back some Tuborg beer which brought back memories of a tour of Denmark, Sweden and Norway I did. An hour later, we went back to reception who told us to come back in another 30 minutes. My room still wasn't ready then. I wouldn't get to check into my room until over 2 hours later. I wasn't amused. This wasn't the way to kick off my first ever trip to Israel that I'd been looking forward to for months. The second time I stayed at this hotel (at the end of my tour), I arrived at roughly the same time on Monday May 28th and, my hotel room key was waiting for me.

Barring the very aggravating initial check-in disaster, I found this hotel to be really good. My room had awesome views of the Mediterrenean Sea and was 10 minutes walking from a beach where you could take a dip in it. I've included a picture I took of the Med from my hotel room balcony so others can see the fantastic view. As far as I could see, the hotel offers very good views from almost all the rooms. Also, it had a very nice swimming pool which I enjoyed. Food wise, they have a very impressive breakfast buffet that ranks among the best of the hotels I stayed at in Israel. Room wise, my room was clean and roomy enough for a standard room. The hotel staff were mixed. One female bartender was outstanding while a lady at reception very rudely blew me off. Lastly, they weren't far from the old Jaffa train station which has been transformed into shops and restaurants. I had a nice though somewhat pricey dinner there my first night in Tel Aviv. This hotel would be a good hotel to use for a base if you want to visit Old Jaffa. I could see it from the beach in front of the hotel.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel and would've given it a higher rating were it not for my disastrous first stay here.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends