“GREAT HOTEL, EXCELLENT STAFF ..GREAT LOCATION”

Dan Panorama Tel Aviv
Ranked #46 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We have been returning to this hotel for the last 25 years, originally with our children when they were young and now with our grandchildren. As always we get a great welcome from the staff with all the familiar faces that have worked there for years. To us this speaks greatly of the management under the General Manager Chen, as staff are so happy to work there. The familiar faces for us are Ralph on the front desk, Karen Ben Nun from Customer relations together with Michal Gadot and Brad who tend to all our needs also other familiar faces who are delighted to assist you and show kindness only wanting to please. Nothing is too much trouble. We are delighted that the new Danyland room was open for our grandchildren.to enjoy. Our grandson who was only 10months old, enjoyed the soft play area. Our grandaughter who is 6 loved the arts and crafts and computers. The staff in Danyland were wonderful.

We had executive bedrooms with lounge passes and found them to be of a good standard. The executive lounge is lovely. The food served there is as good as any high class restaurant. We felt that maybe they could offer a little more variety for lunch rather than crudite and cake!

The Dan Panorama Tel Aviv serve the best breakfast in Israel with a wonderful array of hot and cold foods to suit anyone's appetite.

The pool area is great and we cannot forget to mention the Pool waiter Barry who is always so helpful and only wants to please. We were delighted to see suggestions we made regarding the lunch facilities last year were implemented this year.

This end of Tel Aviv for many years was not the place to be but NOW it is right in the heart of the action with nearby Neve Tsedek and the great Railway Station with shops and restaurants.

We think that the downsides to the hotel are having to pay for internet and that some of the older rooms have not been refurbished! They need to also refurbish their basic rooms.

We saw the refurbishments last year which were excellent all around the main areas. The outside could do with a facelift as could the first floor where they used to hold wedding ceremonies as it is not a very pleasant view from your room.

Overall we will of course be visiting the DAN PANORAMA Tel Aviv again.

Once again our thanks to Chen, Keren, Michal, Ralph, Brad, Barry, Mohammed, Malka and the rest of the Dan Panorama Tel Aviv Staff.

We would highly recommend this hotel to our family and friends and anyone reading Tripadvisor!

Room Tip: We prefer the Tel Aviv facing rooms, as we prefer the view, others may prefer the Jaffa view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DEENA G
There are newer reviews for Dan Panorama Tel Aviv

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed at the Tel Aviv Dan Panorama twice during my May/June Globus tour of Israel and Jordan. I'll address my one negative point first as this is why I say I had a mixed experience with this hotel and why I gave it a 3 out of 5. I arrived at 3:45 p.m. on May 19th. The 19th was a Saturday which is the Jewish Sabbath as I understand it. I mention this as I think it was a factor in why my room wasn't ready. The reception staff also used the excuse that I was part of a tour group except my tour group didn't arrive until the next day. I arrived a day early so, I could recover from the long flights and be fully rested when my tour kicked off. Reception told me and my travel friend to come back in an hour and our rooms would be ready. We went to the hotel bar and knocked back some Tuborg beer which brought back memories of a tour of Denmark, Sweden and Norway I did. An hour later, we went back to reception who told us to come back in another 30 minutes. My room still wasn't ready then. I wouldn't get to check into my room until over 2 hours later. I wasn't amused. This wasn't the way to kick off my first ever trip to Israel that I'd been looking forward to for months. The second time I stayed at this hotel (at the end of my tour), I arrived at roughly the same time on Monday May 28th and, my hotel room key was waiting for me.

Barring the very aggravating initial check-in disaster, I found this hotel to be really good. My room had awesome views of the Mediterrenean Sea and was 10 minutes walking from a beach where you could take a dip in it. I've included a picture I took of the Med from my hotel room balcony so others can see the fantastic view. As far as I could see, the hotel offers very good views from almost all the rooms. Also, it had a very nice swimming pool which I enjoyed. Food wise, they have a very impressive breakfast buffet that ranks among the best of the hotels I stayed at in Israel. Room wise, my room was clean and roomy enough for a standard room. The hotel staff were mixed. One female bartender was outstanding while a lady at reception very rudely blew me off. Lastly, they weren't far from the old Jaffa train station which has been transformed into shops and restaurants. I had a nice though somewhat pricey dinner there my first night in Tel Aviv. This hotel would be a good hotel to use for a base if you want to visit Old Jaffa. I could see it from the beach in front of the hotel.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel and would've given it a higher rating were it not for my disastrous first stay here.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank LOTRfan
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Well as an Israeli we always look for vacation in the south or north of Israel.
Iive in the center of Israel and very close to tel aviv.
As I was searching good location and quality place to stay a birthday present to my lovely wife I was happendlly reached to the hotel web site and was really impressed.
The minute When entering the hotel you realize that you went into a high quality service hotel.
Clean, quiet and superb service.
Dining room is comfterble and rich veriety dishes,the rooms are biutiful, swimming pool is nice and clean and the children's club is funtastic!
Over all I was suprized And send my strong recommends to all of you who seek good vocation in the center of Israel and biutiful tel aviv.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Amitporat
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My wife and me stayed at hotel in September 2011.
we took the executive room. the rooms was outstanding.
the view from the room is the Mediterranean sea.
the hotel is located near the Tel-Aviv Promenade.
The stuff is so kindly, and trying to help as much as they can.

Room Tip: The executive rooms is great.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2012

The hotel has been renovated. It's simply marvellous! World Class decoration, world class service standards. The down side is that free wifi is only available in the lobby but they made it up with classy decors and friendly staff that allows hotel residents to use the lobby with the diners.
The rooms were clean and with everything you need to relax and bath.

The gym was small, but with top notch machines.

The swimming pool was well maintained and has a good view.

The beach is just across the road.

The hotel is also right smack in the CG of attractions, so the distance to all are similar and you could reach there on foot (15-20mins max)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ronald Y
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Booked into the top floor executive suite, and the room had a great view over the sea and city. The expectations of this type of corporate hotel is that it functions very well, rooms are comfortable and the service is very good, nothing too alarming or provoking, a certain blandness and anonymity but comfortable and familar. What wasn't expected was poor room service especially making up the rooms each day, on one occasion having left the hotel in the morning we returned mid afternoon to find our room still hadn't been made up and after calling the housekeeper it still took more than half an hour before we could use the room which we spent in the executive lounge otherwise I guess we would have had to sit in reception or dodge around the chambermaids.

The breakfast buffet was pretty poor so we resorted to the executive breakfast which was better but with a limited choice. So If you can afford the executive suites you can escape some of the inadequacies but it's a high price for a hotel that promises more and should deliver on these basics.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
DanHotelsIsrael, Management at Dan Panorama Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused duo to the housekeeping services. We will continue our efforts to improve on that.
As you can see from many other reviews, our breakfast is considered to be exceptionally varied and much richer than most if not all our competitors!
I am therefore surprised at your comments on that particular service.
We hope to have another opportunity to host you and present our service and facilities hopefully to your complete satisfaction.
Yours Sincerely
Hotel management.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Great location: close to Jaffa, and practically on the beach. We satyed for 4 days. The hotel rooms are a bit tired: mould in the bath, dust along the skirting boards and low on cleanliness (they did not clean the carpets in the room every day!). The breakfast buffet is excellent. Staff are not overly helpful. For the hotel rates, I would say it is overpriced. The hotel next door, David Intercontinental (where I have previously stayed) is significantly better on service and quality.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Valerie D
DanHotelsIsrael, Management at Dan Panorama Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with others.
We thank you for your warm words about our location and breakfast, and assure you we will look into your negative comments relating to staff attitude and cleanliness of rooms.
I still hope you will return to stay at the Dan Panorama Tel Aviv in future.
The hotel management.