“the besthotel in tel aviv”

Dan Panorama Tel Aviv
Ranked #47 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv, Israel
“the besthotel in tel aviv”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

As i entered the hotel the belboys came to help me with my 7 bags.At the front desk they were
very helpfull to give me a nice room so i can see the sea every time when i seat on the balconey. The Breakfsat...yamee...When i met my husbend we went to the SPa, it was so relaxing.We went to the markets around the hotels and walked around the hotel till the sun sett.
The Internet is still expensive in Israel so we went to the Internet Caffe. I will come again to Dan Panorama Tel Aviv in my next vacation In February.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank zip0ra

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (672)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I stayed few days at Dan Panorama Tel Aviv. I visited family in Israel. I was pleasantly surprised that the service that I received was fantastic. the front desk and everybody at the hotel was so attentive and helped me out at all times. the hotel is centrally located and it was easy to come from the airport to the hotel and go back to the airport. less then 20 minutes. The room was very nice and renovated and the lounge on the 18th floor was out-of-this world.
I strongly recommend to stay at Dan Panorama Tel Aviv. I felt like at home and I appreciated a lot.

Room Tip: Very close to the main airport. it's 5 star hotel with all facilities and amenities and very rea...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Texas
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Stayed here for just one night on a tour of Israel. Very nice room. Wonderful location to access the airport, the old city of Jaffa, the waterfront or other Tel Aviv spots. Lovely late walk along the beach was really fun. Really nice breakfast set up.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Last week I visited again the Dan Panorama Tel – Aviv.
I found out that there is a new manager for the Executive floors , and enjoyed very much the service and the new spirit .
whole in whole great experience .

Once again , I find this hotel perfect for business and pleasure . the rooms are nice and clean , the Executive floors combined with the Executive launch are very good value for money .

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Amichai B
Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We had a great stay, the service was really generous .
we loved the food too
it has also great location, 3 minutes from the beach !

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dubai
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I haven't posted about a hotel for a while, but my experiences at the Dan Panorama have prompted me to do so.

Let me firstly say that this is an ok Hotel, its is secure, it has a nice pool area, the bed was good and the room clean enough. However, that is not what this Hotel represents itself as; just something that is ok. No it represents its self as a premier accomodation facility. Sadly it is far from that.

I don't mean to whinge, but I will give you the quick summary:

1) Arrivals: Arrive at 12pm, 6 people on the front desk, 4 talking in one group two in the other. It looks like its work related, but no one acknowledges me I wait. No one gets the luggage out of the taxi I do this myself and carry it through to reception. I wait for about 2 minutes before someone breaks of from the group takes my passport and says - you're early, your room isn't ready. "OK" I say "I understand, and that was probably the fault of my company for no specifying my arrival time, but what do I do" "Well you have an executive room, so you can go up to the executive lounge and wait." she says. No offer to hold the bags, I take them myself, I go up to the lunge, the guy up there looks at me like I three heads - "what are you doing here - have you been checked in?" I explain, its sorted quickly, and it turns out that there is a room so I am checked in at the lounge and sent to the room. Room is completely acceptable, but not really a 300 USD a night experience.

2) Internet: 70 Israeli shekls for 24 hours PER DEVICE. That means that you can use your Iphone and then log out and send a work email; no you need to pay basically the equivalent of 40 USD PER Day for 2 devices and the Internet is CRAP. In my room I could barely have a skype conversation WITHOUT video. At that price I want cracking Internet. It just left me feeling extorted and bitter. I would not stay here again because of the internet policy.

3) Room service: I asked for some ice (of course there is a charge, as everything is charged for here) but it takes 45 mins to deliver a ice bucket. I called twice 20 mins after the first call and then 20 mins after the other, and both time was greeting with a tone verging on hostility. Next day I called for Red wine, ice and red bull. "Sir I am not sure if I have red bull I will call you back to confirm" 20 minutes later I have heard nothing, I call and again I get, what I can only describe as attitude, "SIr drinks are on their way".

4) staff attitude: I have to agree with another poster, there are many friendly staff here, but there are also some of the rudest, disinterested that I have come across in all of my travels. The breakfast in the morning is very good, but a number of the wait staff / servers / cooks look like they would rather be having root canal therapy than serving you.

Overall, this hotel is ok. You can sleep here and be safe, you can wash yourself. But you will be charged within a inch of your life for everything and it will be done without a smile. If you have no where else to go then stay here, but there simply has to be other more pleasurable place to stay. And last thing if you read this Dan Panorama, please make your Internet policy reasonable. I have recommended you removed from our corporate hotels based solely on your policy of 20 USD PER DAY PER DEVICE for sub standard speed Internet..

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Fantastic service,Efficient Clean Friendly and very accomodating. Wonderful to spend a vacation at the Dan Panorama Tel-Aviv. Great view and very pleasant atmosphire.

Room Tip: higher floors have an amazing view no matter which part of the hotel your in
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family