Great location and nice pool area with ample beds and towels......however, check-in took 35 minutes even with an online guaranteed resevation and another angry client was having a massive argument about her so called 'Executive Room'. We had booked a 'Deluxe', but DO NOT expect deluxe in any way shape or form!!! A bog standard basic room, very tatty with old scratched furniture. Bed ok and linen clean and the world tiniest balcony that was very dirty with fag buts on it. carpet stained and paintwork damaged, stains in bath and grubby plastic shower curtain....YUK!!! We asked to change but there was no other availability and it was late and we were tired (especially after the long check-in with no explantation).
First impressions are deceiving, public areas have been renovated and the lobby looks smart and clean. It also apppears from chatting to others around the pool that and 'Executive' room is the same size as a 'Deluxe' just slightly better decor and access to a lounge......but horrendesly more expensive and general opinion its not worth paying anymore for this option.
The pool/snack bar is another story in itself!!! Tired and dated with the world most miserable staff, think they flit between reception and snack bar!! Ice cream please? Answer....well we have them but you are not allowed to see them....we keep them behind the counter?????? so any kids trying to buy one have to be hoisted onto the food serving counter and tipped over the side just to see what they fancy. Ice at one end of the bar and water at the other...that makes sense...NOT!!! And god forbid you maybe ask for a portion of something on its own rather than as a huge meal. NO, this CANNOT BE DONE!!!!! Food was actually inedible and quite the most disgusting stuff ever churned out at exhorbidant prices!!!
Something positive to end on....they got the breakfast right!! Huge selection of just about everything you can imagine, cereals, breads, rolls, pastries, fresh waffles and pancakes made to order. Meats, cheeses, salads etc etc. Bit of a struggle to find someone to clear away previous guests breakfast remains and had to ask twice if the table could actually be cleaned with some spray but got there in the end!
All in all its not worth the money, stayed last time at the Hilton and although further out of town would we much much much preferred the whole experience. This place is trying to be something its not. Poor staff training, rude and abrupt receptionists....its like staying in a 3 star English hotel, do not be deceived by the 'finest hotel' remarks when you Google the place!!
Maybe they should actually refurb the whole place and not just half of it, take the staff on customer service training courses and then start to live up to the exaggerated claims!!
Two mentions......one for the lovely housekeeper who did our room, very sweet and chatty and secondly for the lovely lady who gave the towels out for the pool area....thanks for my extra towels each day and your lovely cheery smile. The rest of the staff could learn a lot from you two!!
Will we stay here again.......NEVER!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A five star deluxe hotel with a beautiful beachfront location, the Dan Panorama Tel Aviv is situated opposite vast park areas with easy access to South Tel Aviv's stunning beaches. Hotel guests can walk to the Jaffa Old City and Port, Neve Tzedek and the new 'Tachana' shopping and entertainment zone. Guests of the Dan Panorama can enjoy the revamped public areas including expansive lobby areas where free Wi-Fi is available. The hotel has an exclusive Executive Lounge located on top floor of the hotel offering complimentary drinks and snacks all day, with outstanding views over the city skyline and sea. Hotel guests can relax and unwind in the newly refurbished indoor spa area with treatment rooms and Jacuzzi. The Dan Panorama Tel Aviv also features a Convention centre, hosting events of up to 1000 people.482 rooms including family units and Executive Suites. Large open air pool and Daniland kids club (both open seasonally) All rates include Service Charge. Tourists with B2 and B3 Entry Visa stamped in their foreign passport are exempt from VAT. Israeli guests are subject to pay VAT. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dan Panorama Tel Aviv reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dan Panorama Tel Aviv Hotel Tel Aviv
- Dan Panorama Hotel Tel Aviv
- Tel Aviv Dan Panorama