“9 days stay at the City Hotel Tel Aviv” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Prima City, Tel Aviv

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel Prima City, Tel Aviv
Ranked #58 of 98 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Birsfelden, Switzerland
“9 days stay at the City Hotel Tel Aviv”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

During our stay at the City Hotel in Tel Aviv (9 days) my son and myself did not normally stay in the room during the day, but we always slept well and found the place clean. We appreciate the closeness of the beach, public transport (buses) as well as various restaurants. We found the hotel staff friendly and patient quite professional. We enjoyed the daily breakfast buffet as well. In the end a good choice we made for our stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CityPR, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Prima City, Tel Aviv, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience at City Hotel. I am happy that you and your son enjoyed your 9-day stay with us, and that our central location in Tel Aviv with close proximity to the beach and public transportation was to your liking. We have invested a lot of time and effort to train our staff to ensure the highest level of service so I am happy to hear you found our staff to be friendly and professional. We hope to welcome you back on your next trip!
city_gma@prima.co.il

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is a great hotel in a fabulous location right next to the beach and Gordon Pool. The rooms are comfortable and quiet. They are very friendly at reception and the breakfast is delicious! I definitely feel I got my money's worth.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful review of City Hotel Tel Aviv. On behalf of the entire staff, I thank you for chosing our hotel and staying with us on your trip. We hope to see you next time!
Best regards,
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Very good hotel a few hundred metres from the beach. Stayed on business so really appreciate the free wifi with multiple devices, room a bit quitky which is good although toilet a bit cramped in the bathroom! Breakfast quite basic but everything you need rather stay here than some of the big hotel chains right on the beach!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CityPR, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Prima City, Tel Aviv, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of City Hotel Tel Aviv. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and our close proximity to the beach. City Hotel is one of few hotels in Tel Aviv which provide free wireless internet in the room and lobby so I am pleased to hear you were satisfied with this service. I hope to welcome you again in the future.
Public Relations Manager
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Not luxury, but with clean rooms, great location between beaches and downtown, excellent breakfast. The desk service, except occasionally late night, is proficient, and, with Pini, always friendly. Fridge in our room was a little iffy this time (3rd time there), but we didn't bother to ask for repair. A serviceable place to stay in Tel Aviv, especially in short bursts.

Room Tip: west side faces toward ocean
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CityPR, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Prima City, Tel Aviv, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at City Hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our clean rooms, breakfast service and central location in Tel Aviv. I am sorry the fridge was not working well, and I want to let you know that we have 24-hour service at the hotel so next time please feel free to ask the front desk if something needs to be fixed so that you can enjoy all of our amenities. During this the summer period we have started to replace the older fridges in the rooms with new ones. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Pini and the front desk staff. We hope to welcome you again on your next trip to Tel Aviv!
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

My second stay...and will come back again and again. Pini, Benny and Norbert still exude the same great service as they did under the Atlas banner...and my studio room, "mul yam", with a small balcony, was just great. AC worked well, as did Internet. Lovely breakfast, clean rooms, quiet location right off Ben Yehuda, steps to the beach, stores, restaurants, number 4 sherut, taxis, banks, can't ask for more. The bathroom is very small, not lots of shelf space, very utilitarian...my only complaint...but didn't affect my stay overall. Get two keys so you can put one in the "electronics control" thing and leave your chargers on. And definitely upgrade to that suite..worth every penny in space and view.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CityPR, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Prima City, Tel Aviv, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your glowing review of City Hotel. We certainly appreciate your loyalty in staying with us for a second time and to hear that you wish to stay with us again in the future. I am happy to read that you enjoyed our breakfast, free internet and clean rooms. City Hotel is centrally located in Tel Aviv and it sounds like you really enjoyed our proximity to the beach, stores, restaurants and banks. I will pass on your kind words to Pini, Benny and Norbert. We look forward to welcoming you again and again!
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

On an earlier business trip to Tel Aviv this year, I stayed at the Crowne Plaza. I was not happy - my room was dirty and I didn't really like the service at the hotel. I embarked on trying to find another hotel in the same area. I booked the City Hotel for 4 nights as it was three blocks from my customer's office and had good reviews.

There isn't anything fancy about the hotel but it feels clean and intimate. My room was on the 5th floor and I had a better view of the sea than I had at the Crowne Plaza. The room was small but there was no carpet and the important thing was that it felt clean. The bed was a little more firm than I like but ok. Here's my take:

Good:
- Free internet that worked consistently with no limit on devices
- Hot water for shower any time of day
- Free liter of water
- Quiet
- Two blocks from beach
- Near restaurants, shops, etc
- Breakfast was good with lots of choices. Really good fresh fruits and a very nice berry compote to put on yougart. I think I personally was responsible for eating it all because they didn't have it the last day I was there...
- Free bicycle rental

Other:
- Laundry service is overnight not same day. My undergarments came back not so soft.
- Morning staff in restaurant pick and choose who they will be friendly with unfortunately, I wasn't one of them...
- Maid kept taking my soap everyday and leaving me new soap. Really kind of a waste...
- You have to step into the bathtub and it is high with no anti slip mat. This could be dangerous for older guests
- They have those horrid box on the wall hair dryers. The head fell off when I was drying my hair. I despise these type of hair dryers!
- Elevators are really small - it was only me and my luggage which was a small bag and my computer bag plus a shopping bag.
- This hotel caters to tour groups so each day there was a different group there.

Room Tip: Try to get an upper room with a view of the sea. I had room 504 - small but with a view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank IntlTrainer
Dear Guest,
Thank for taking the time to write such a wonderful and thorough review of City Hotel Tel Aviv. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our central location in the city and you found our hotel to be clean and intimate, two qualities we strive to achieve for our guests. City Hotel is one of few hotels in Tel Aviv which provide free wireless internet in the room and lobby so I am pleased to hear you were satisfied with this service. Regarding laundry, we do have the option to send out laundry and be returned the same day for an extra fee, and I apologize that we did not inform you of this option. We also have anti-slip mats for the bathtub available on request. Please ask the front desk staff for one on your next trip, or we also have rooms available with showers rather than bathtubs for easy access. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we hope to welcome you again in the future.
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

Hotel generally excellent. Location very good, shops and beach with minutes of the hotel. Staff above average.
'Single' rooms small, wardrobe space modest. Studio rooms excellent. Reception staff very helpful.
Breakfast good with very pleasant service.

Room Tip: single rooms without sea view (restricted anyway) better
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank for your wonderful review of City Hotel Tel Aviv. We have invested a lot of time and effort to train all our staff to ensure the highest level of service so I am happy to hear you found our reception and dining room staff to be helpful and pleasant. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to welcome you again in the future.