“basic but nice” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #58 of 98 Hotels in Tel Aviv
London, United Kingdom
“basic but nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I cant really criticise this hotel at all. It is nice and clean.

It is basic and not at all luxurious but essentially says what it does on the tin.
Staff were polite as well. If you are on a budget as hotels in Tel Aviv are expensive then worth booking. If you can splash out a bit more then I would.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gil1608, General Manager at Hotel Prima City, Tel Aviv, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank for choosing the City Hotel Tel Aviv and for taking the time to write about your experience with us.
I happy that you found the City hotel to be expensive and our staff polite.

We will be happy to welcome you again in the near future.

Best regards,
gil@cityhotel.co.il

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The room was small but clean, the breakfast nice and the terrace was perfect for working. 3 minutes walk from the beach and free bicycle rentals. I would recommend this hotel for both business and holiday trips.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your nice comments.
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and liked our Israeli Breakfast.
I am look forward to welcoming you back.
Kind regards,
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed at the "City Hotel" for 11 nights in March 2013. I chose this hotel because 4 years ago we stayed in the "Harmony" in Jerusalem + couldn't fault it. The reception staff are just so friendly + helpful. Maya is just a wee gem! Breakfast is very tasty + filling with loads of salads + cheeses + cooked choices etc. Our room was spotless - cleaned everyday with new towels if required. Love the fridge + tea making facilities (us Scots love our tea - but take your own - much nicer!!). I asked for a quiet room + was given a sea view away from the lifts + noise. Cant write this review without mentioning the location. 2 minute walk to the beach and the city centre is just a wee walk away. Also worth a mention is the free parking under the hotel. Invaluable. My advise is to leave the car + walk everywhere in Tel Aviv - much easier (the drivers are all bonkers anyway). This really turned out to be a great choice + we will be back!!!!

Room Tip: room 507 is a bright room with a wee balcony + is away from the lifts + noise. You will need to pay...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Susan L
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your great feedback following your recent stay with us. You have been kind enough to point out the many little touches that our guests seem to appreciate.
I am pleased that you were able to enjoy our friendly service and location so much.
It was great to hear that you enjoyed our rich Israeli breakfast I will be sure to share your feedback with the hotel chef.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our free underground parking service so much – it is really a rare service at Tel Aviv Hotels and I am proud to provide this service for my hotel guests'.
The hotel staff and I look forward to welcoming you back during future visits to Tel Aviv.

Kiryat Atta, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 6 days. This is the third time in this hotel. We will definitely come again.
The underground Garage is awesome!!
The staff is very friendly.
The location is great. near the sea. from about half o the rooms there is a sea view.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the City Hotel during your recent visit to Tel Aviv.

New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have had the pleasure of staying at Atlas City Hotel twice in 3 years. The first time was for 14 days after my Taglit trip ended, and the next was in March of 2013 for 12 days during Pesach. Both times the staff was always incredibly helpful and the place was spotless. My first stay had a bigger room than my current one but all in all it remained incredibly high value. The breakfast in the morning is great and has tons of choices. Please be aware during holidays such as Pesach/Passover the hotel is kosher. I would like to give praise to Norbert and Alfonso for being incredibly helpful and making my two stays pleasant. This is my go to hotel for staying in Tel Aviv.

Note: I valued Sleep Quality at a 4/5 because my most recent trip had incredibly loud and obnoxious neighbors who were shouting at 6am everyday. But the beds themselves are great. So take that for what you will.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gil1608, General Manager at Hotel Prima City, Tel Aviv, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the City Hotel during your recent visit to Tel Aviv and thank you for your wonderful review.

I am pleased that you were able to enjoy our high quality of service I will pass your praise to Norbert and Alfonso.
I am so happy that you enjoyed our breakfast so much
I am happy that you liked our great location.
My team and I look forward to welcoming you back during future visits to Tel Aviv.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the City Hotel for 6 night.
The service is very friendly and helpful especially at the dining room.
Breakfast is very good with plenty of tasty food.
The location is great!! Close to the beach and to city center.
The hotel has free parking which is great.
All in all we enjoyed our stay and we'll return at our next visit.

Stayed March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the City Hotel during your recent visit to Tel Aviv.

I am pleased that you were able to enjoy our high quality of service and our breakfast so much.
I am happy that you liked our great location.

Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

First time we were in this hotel in 2011. In general, all remained at a high level. The hotel has a number of advantages - very convenient location near the sea and close to the main streets of the city, clean rooms, very good breakfast and professional staff. But would also like to mention a number of drawbacks. The first - the Internet. For the 21 th century, very low speed is very bad connection often dropped. The hotel is not cheap, but in a cheap internet cafe across the road I have a perfect wifi, and the hotel to spend 5 minutes to check email and find a signal. Another minus - a small room of the restaurant for breakfast when the hotel is filled with a very difficult to find a place to seat, although the staff tries hard. Third less for those who speak in Russian it hotel's guards. Russian guards are not doing their job and are constantly complaining about bad and hard live in Israel. This is very annoying. All in all I want to say a big thank you to the hotel but it seems to me that you have something to fix.

1 Thank Alex_Lipovskiy
Dear Guest,
First, I would like to thank you for choosing the City Hotel and taking the time to write a review about our property.
I’m delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you found my staff friendly and accommodating.
I would have to agree with your comment about City Hotel location - its great location within walking distance to many of the Tel Aviv’s attractions.
Regarding your comment about the Wi-Fi, I can assure you that I will take care of it.
We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Best Regards,