“One night stay in TLV”

Ranked #60 of 98 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Efrat, Israel
“One night stay in TLV”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Very very pleased with this hotel and its service. We got a free upgrade to a bigger room with an ocean view. The room was clean and modern. Breakfast had a great selection and was very tasty. AMAZING location- we parked our car upon arrival (in the FREE parking lot) and didn't need to use during our stay.
If you are looking for a reasonably priced, clean and modern hotel in a great location in TLV-- this is the one for you.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Gil1608, General Manager at Hotel Prima City, Tel Aviv, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing the City Hotel during your recent visit to Tel Aviv.
I am so happy to hear that you loved our clean and modern's rooms and our rich and diversified Israeli breakfast.
I must agree with your comment regarding our location, it is really amazing! Just parked your car upon arrival (in the FREE parking lot) and almost every hot spot in the city is within walking distance.
The hotel staff and I look forward to welcoming you back during future visits to Tel Aviv.
Kind regards,
gil@cityhotel.co.il

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 18, 2013

As someone who has traveled widely (my husband worked for an airline and we had privileges on most airlines and all over the world).......I have never come across a more caring, helpful, wonderful staff!!! The service was more than excellent. The location is great. Food was adequate, breakfasts were very good!! Rooms were fine and clean. I think this hotel is great value for the money and I would enthusiastically recommend it to anyone who prefers something less than a 5 star hotel.....fridge and safe are in the room.....But it is the staff that make this place so comfortable!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Gil1608, General Manager at Hotel Prima City, Tel Aviv, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so very much for your wonderful review. Such comments bring a huge smile to all of us collectively at the City Hotel.

I am so happy that you shared your opinions with our staff. Cleanliness and our great location .

I will be happy to welcoming you again in the near future.
Gil Amram - City Hotel Manager
manchester
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have stayed here many times. It is in a good position. Staff excellent. Rooms not large but adequate. Shower hot. Food good. A good city location . Styaff also very helpful you can stay on your own with conidence . Fridge in room too

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room. some have sea views
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for wonderful comments and thank you for being a loyal guest of the City Hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us and I am happy to know that you were able to enjoy our excellent staff and our great location.
We look forward to your next visit.

Ellington, Connecticut
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed at The City Hotel Tel Aviv January 25-28th, 2013...it was my first stay there.

The staff was pretty good & the breakfasts were good too. The room was ample sized, was clean, had a double bed & a refrigerator, and I was lucky to have a room w/a sea view. At night when it was quiet I could hear the waves on the sea from my bed. The location was great since its about half way between Allenby & Arlozorov. Lots of restaurants around & only about 1 1/2 blocks to the beach.

The rate I got was $120/night.....and while I would always like to see it cheaper ....I was in a room around the corner at another hotel that was half the size w/a single bed for $110/night.

I would definitely stay there again & would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the west side....the sea side!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank for choosing the City Hotel Tel Aviv and for taking the time to write about your experience with us.
I am really pleased to read that we met your expectations, and that you were able to enjoy our service,and our great location.
I am happy to hear that you found our room rate to be reasonable rate.
Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Kind regards,
Modena, Italy
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have been for many times at the Tal Hotel (same chain) and I was sufficiently satisfied so I wanted to check out this hotel to see if at the price of being slightly farther from the beach (which unfortunately coming here for business I do not get the chance to enjoy), I could get a newer hotel at the same price.
The rooms are as new as the ones at the Tal and the lobby is in fact newer than the Tal’s
Therefore here you can find at a decent B&B rate, good service, fairly new rooms (very small and even smaller bathrooms), free wifi and parking and great location (pubs/restaurants/super market/pharmacy just around the corner).
The food in the restaurant is decent a long as you hate meat. I never saw a pc of meat at dinner that for a foreigner is unacceptable. I can live with not eating pork but not even a pc of chicken ??
Anyway my Israeli guests were happy about the food even if I have to say the restaurant was close on election day and I do not think it makes sense even if it was a national closing day (do restaurants close in the US on an election day or on thanksgiving ?)

Room Tip: They put me in room 305 which supposedly has a sea view; in fact, if your eye is good and can jugg...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Gil1608, General Manager at Hotel Prima City, Tel Aviv, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guest,
I am happy to hear you enjoyed our great location, and glad you were able to enjoy our free parking which we are happy to provide since it is a rare service in Tel Aviv hotels!
Regarding your comments about our restaurant, for dinners we offer full buffet service with a variety of meat, chicken, fish, etc. Of course we do not serve pork for reason that we are a Certified Kosher hotel. From time to time, we offer a dairy dinner buffet based on guests' requests. On the Election Day, the restaurant was closed in fact because we did not any reservations made in advance for dinner that night. I am sorry for the inconvenience and I hope you were able to find a good alternative for you and your guests.
We hope that you will stay with us on your next trip to Tel Aviv.

Best regards,
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This was my fourth or fifth stay at the City. I have found the staff especially helpful, the location terrific and the views splendid if you know to ask for a sea view. Norbert the manager deserves special praise. Breakfast is also excellent -- wonderful salads, breads and halavah --and the other guests are usually quite friendly. There are occasional downsides. On this visit I had a refrigerator that didn't work and a next door neighbor who shouted when he talked on his cellphone. I'm sure I will stay at the City again next year.

Room Tip: For the City Hotel ask for the west side of the building except if I'm coming since it is import...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Gil1608, General Manager at Hotel Prima City, Tel Aviv, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your kind comments.
One of our goals here at City Hotel is to please our customers so that they will return on their next trip to Tel Aviv. I am so happy to know we have fulfilled your needs and that you have returned as a loyal and special guest.
Of course we will be happy to welcome you any time as our special guest.
Berlin
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed in the City Hotel for 8 days in Dec 2012 / Jan 2013. Very friendly and consistently helpful reception staff, great breakfast (salads are great !) and very good rooms. Free parking space available. Highly recommended !

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at the City Hotel.
I am happy to know that you found our staff to be Very friendly and consistently helpful
and also to know that you were able to enjoy our free parking – there are not many hotels that offered free parking in Tel Aviv – we are very proud to provide this service to our hotel guests'.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.
Best regards,