“Great hotel... Excellent location”

Hotel Prima City Tel Aviv
Ranked #59 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Great hotel....excellent location very close to beach...very clean, modern room... decent breakfast...We arrived early just waited 20 min for room ...staff was very helpful...beach towel was provided by hotel and more than one towel per person

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Gil1608, General Manager at Hotel Prima City Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us at the City Hotel.
I am happy to read that you enjoyed our excellent location and that you liked our clean and modern rooms.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.
Kind regards,

There are newer reviews for Hotel Prima City Tel Aviv

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for ten nights during the end of August through the beginning of September 2012. Initially I had a reservation (made through my host in Israel) in another hotel, of the same class, which was only one block away. Eventually, after spending only one night at this hotel I realized that the size of the room, the narrow size and the location of the bath, the lack of internet connection, and the dysfunction and noisy air-condition system (a necessity at this season) were much below my expectations.

In my determination to enjoy my stay in Tel Aviv I recalled that three years ago I spent a few wonderful nights at City Hotel and called this hotel with the hope I would be able to secure a room there. I was lucky! With the assistance of Gil Amram, the hotel manager, I was not only able to get a room at the hotel (in fact the best room, number 603, facing the sea) but also enjoy, again, a splendid experience in the hotel. Staring with the fact that this hotel is near the beach and also a walking distance from the center of town, throughthe very patient attitude and friendliness of all the staff at the reception; the cleanness of the room; the ever-cleaned towels and sheets; the free internet connection, and ending with the nice and impressive selection of breakfast, I found this hotel of high qualities by international standards. My impression is based on the fact that I usually spend more than three months a year outside home in hotels in Europe, the USA, and the Far East. In fact, I arrived to this hotel after spending a week in Prague and Germany. For a person like me, the stay in City Hotel was another positive, excellent experience, and gladly I share this experience with my friends and colleagues at home. I know that upon my next visit in Tel Aviv I will also insist to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the sixth floor, the rooms that face the Mediterranean Sea!!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tzel_Stam

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Surrey and for posting such wonderful comments.

I am happy to read your posting and am excited to share with my team. I am especially happy to see that we created a wonderful memory after 1 night at the City Hotel.
I am so happy to read that you found my staff to be amazing that truly cares about the guests and always tries to go above and beyond to make each stay personal and memorable to each guest.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Surrey in the future and until then, I wish you well. Thank you again.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Wonderful location close to the beach and centrally located to the town. My single room was clean, bright and had both fridge and safety box. Breakfast as in all Israeli hotels provided a reasonable selection of sweet and savory. Towels were also provided for the beach. Wifi was also included at no extra cost. Good value for money in an otherwise expensive city

Room Tip: I only saw my room which overlooked another building and had no building. I had a tub rather than a...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank gertie700
Gil1608, General Manager at Hotel Prima City Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Dear Guest,
I am happy to read that you enjoyed our Israeli breakfast and also our free Wi-Fi service.
We do have same sized of rooms with shower and balcony without any extra charge, please mention this request on your next reservation and we will happy to reserve this kind of room for you.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I stayed in the hotel for a week at the end of July, on a combined business & pleasure trip and this represented my second stay in three years. Was very impressed with the Studio Room, which was clean, bright and tastefully decorated.
Breakfast provided a good variety of fresh food, and the hotel staff were friendly, helpful and efficient.
The hotel is also very convenient for the beach, which is just a few minutes walk away.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing the City Hotel and for posting such wonderful comments.
I am so happy to read that you were impressed with the Studio Room, which was clean, bright and tastefully decorated and that you loved our great location.
Your review is extremely detailed and I am happy to share your comments with my team.
I appreciate the fact that you have recognized so many of my wonderful staff and the hard work that they do every day to developing a fine reputation
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Sincerely yours,

Reviewed September 24, 2012

A pleasant hotel one street from the Tel Aviv Beach. Very clean rooms with an excellent staff and a nice breakfast. The rooms were sort of small but had everything you needed, including free internet.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review of the City Hotel – Tel Aviv.
We are always pleased to hear about what we are doing well.
We will be sure to share your feedback with our entire staff.
My team and I look forward to welcoming you back during future visits to Tel Aviv.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 2, 2012

My parents, husband and I just got back from our visit to Israel and we LOVED our stay at the City Hotel. Mapu street is centrally located so that we could walk almost everywhere, yet is a small street so that there was no street noise at night when we were in the rooms. The rooms were clean and nicely decorated, the beds were comfortable, and the breakfast was excellent. We aren't beach people, so we didn't take advantage of the closeness of the beach (it is less than 2 blocks away from the hotel), but the bikes were a fantastic perk. Most importantly, the staff was extremely helpful and kind. We will absolutely come back to the City Hotel when we return to Tel Aviv!

Room Tip: Corner rooms have a lovely small balcony and are larger (they fit a small couch/sitting area) than t...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ronbald

Dear Guest,

I would first like to thank you for choosing the City Hotel – Tel Aviv, and most of all for taking time to write your wonderful review about our property.
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall and that you found our rooms to be clean and nicely decorated with comfortable beds.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed our perfect location and most of all that you recognized my staff was extremely helpful
I am pleased that you were very satisfied with your stay at the City Hotel
We love having you here and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed here for four nights and found the hotel very enjoyable. Clean, modern furniture in the room, which was a bit small. The room actually looks like the picture on the website. Most of the staff were very helpful, with a couple of minor exceptions. The breakfast was terrific. The lobby was bright and nicely furnished. The hallways were a bit tired, but clean. The location was terrific, a couple of minutes from the beach and centrally located in Tel Aviv.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guest,
Thank for choosing the City Hotel Tel Aviv and for taking the time to write your wonderful review.
I was so happy to read that you found our staff to be helpful and that you loved our great location.
I am really pleased to read that you enjoyed our Israeli breakfast.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the City Hotel in the very near future.

Sincerely yours,