Cinema Hotel Tel Aviv - an Atlas Boutique Hotel
Hilton Tel Aviv(Tel Aviv)
$446
$351
$280
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Gordon Hotel & Lounge(Tel Aviv)(Great Value!)
$358
Travelocity
$968
TripAdvisor
1,424 results
All reviewsdizengoff squarehappy hourmovie postersmovie housesun terracebauhaus styleevery afternooncentral locationrooms are smallwalking distancebreakfast was excellentby footbreakfast roomexcellent locationrestaurants and barsisraeli breakfastcarmel market
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 15, 2011

We were looking for a central Hotel not very expensive and we found this Bauhaus gem (an old cinema reverted into hotel) in the heart of Tel Aviv.
This is the place i recommend to all first time visitor as we were because of the position (from here you can reach every part of the central city within 10 minutes taxi).
Rooms are nice not REALLY big but ok, there's space enough.. On the 4th floor you can go on a beautiful terrace with a Jacuzzi and a Sauna.
The Hotel was really comfortable (we needed to rest) and rooms very quiet.
I recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2011

Just spent 12 days at the Cinema and my wife and I were very well pleased. The location, breakfast buffet, cleanliness, and staff were outstanding. Regis and Saher went out of their way to supply information, directions, maps, train schedules, shopping advice, bus routes, and whatever. A tip of the hat to the boys at the front desk. A late check-out was graciously extended and we enjoyed, prior to our departure, a final bagel down the street at Cup of Joe. Also, the location is outstanding. Shopping, movies theaters, eateries, the beach are all within a stone's throw. Overall an excellent value.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2010

This was an excellent find (via TripAdvisor). I've visited Tel Aviv several times on business and always stay in big chain hotels. Since I got fed up paying $30 for breakfast and another $20 for Internet, I decided to look for hotels that didn't charge extra for these necessities. I used TripAdvisor to find hotels in Tel Aviv and narrowed my selection to Cinema Hotel because of its location (Dizengoff Circle), which I am already familiar. I won't repeat what has been said about the hotel but will add that, for the first time, I felt like staying in a familiar and intimate surrounding. The place also took me back to my childhood as this was an old cinema and they have several carbon arc reel projectors in public areas. Even though Dizengoff Street has seen better days, don't let this scare you. The neighborhood has a Bohemian feel to it. I found a great coffee shop (Baccio), near the hotel on King George V Street and they make "real" espressos served in crystal glasses and saucers.

I'll definitely come back to this place.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 19, 2010

We stayed at Hotel Cinema for 6 nights at the beginning of December. First, our luggage didn't make the connection. The staff was very helpful and took care of calling their sister hotel in Jerusalem to tell them about our luggage since we were going to stay there the following night. The guy at the front desk was always friendly.

The room wasn't very pretty and more than ok. It was comfortable. Make sure you get a room on the back, it's much more quieter. I usually don't mind the noise but on Dizengoff square, there are often shows late at night. If you don't mind falling asleep to traditional jewish songs, then go for the front rooms! Also, if you're a light sleeper, make sure you don't have a room next to the elevator, it's noisy.

The location is perfect. Everyone wants to stay at the beach but this place is much better I think. You're not among tourists but among real people. Lots of restaurants (try Goocha!) and boutiques, lots of action. And if you want the beach, it will take you 10 minutes.

The building itself is stunning. And the decoration (to keep the old cinema alive) is very well done. They even give you popcorn when you arrive!

The terrasse on the roof is very nice. There is a snack each night at 5pm. It's nice to eat a little something on the terrasse... And there is a jacuzzi and a sauna, but they're only opened from 5 to 10pm.

I didn't try that but the hotel lends you bicycles.

The breakfast was fantastic! Lots of different things, very very good.

Overall a great stay, I would go back anytime.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 13, 2010

My family - two adults and three teenagers stayed for 5 nights in December 2010 and our choice of hotel was influenced by the reviews on TripAdvisor. One is always slightly wary of depending on other people's opinions, one worries whether the other reviewers are genuine. All I can say having checked out of the hotel earlier today, is that I would definately recommend this hotel and we as a family would return to the Cinema.

What makes the hotel such an attraction are the following factors - the beautiful and stylish renovation of the building, it's brilliant location, clean rooms, free wi fi and some of the staff. Pini who is the general manager was friendly, efficient and helpful and we agree with another reviewer that Natalie, one the of the receptionists is really welcoming, friendly and genuinely interested in helping the guests. Another receptionist, Alfonso was also helpful and Kobi who manages the breakfast room was welcoming and looked after my children with hot chocolate.

The rooms are clean, the beds are fine, the free wi fi is useful when researching various website when making plans for the next day to tour the city and my kids enjoyed the jacuzzi.

The breakfast is the usual Israeli spread ...a very minor criticism would be the filter coffee, which is pretty tasteless and it constantly surprises me why fresh orange juice is not available ( in the home of the Jaffa orange)

This morning I relocated with my family to Jersualem and checked into another Atlas Hotel - The Harmony Hotel . We were greeted in a very warm way by the manager, upgraded without asking and we can already tell we are going to be very happy at this hotel for the next 5 days. Other hotel chains could learn a lot from the Atlas Hotel Group

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family