“Excellent stay at a central top Bauhaus location”

Cinema Hotel Tel Aviv - an Atlas Boutique Hotel
Ranked #29 of 103 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed June 4, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at Hotel Cinema for 7 nights. First of all very big compliments to the reception staff who are very very friendly and extremely helpfull!!! On top of that, there is the building itself. A tastefully renovated Bauhaus building which previously hosted a cinema. The building's history has been tastfully integrated into the look & feel of the hotel, an old movie projector in the lobby and old movie posters and historical photographs scattered throughout the hotel. And finally there's the location, the hotel is located on Dizengoff square, which put's it smack in the center of Tel Aviv, a short walk from the beach, the market, ... well from basically everything you need. In short, providing you can afford (or want to spend) the room rate, this is an excellent hotel if you want to stay in a building with character and history and as mentioned before, the reception staff is the friendliest and most helpful I ever met in any hotel I ever stayed at.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Felix N
Write a ReviewReviews (1,395)

Reviewed June 4, 2014

I had read about Cinema Hotel pretty much on every fashion magazine's travel guide section regarding TLV.
It's in a lovely building, in a great location and is run by a very efficient staff...
Our room was really, really tiny but ok for a short stay! The beds were pretty comfy.
Nice view of Tel Aviv from the rooftop terrace...
The hotel's complimentary popcorn at the check-in counter upon arrival was a cute detail too.
Overall very satisfied with our choice....

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Soledad I
Reviewed June 3, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel recently. The room was so tiny we could hardly change our minds. We opened the cupboard and found a dirty pair of shoes with socks. Ugh! The view from our room was overlooking a dark alley.Staff was, however, quite friendly.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lydia M
Atlas_Hotels_Israel, Guest Relations Manager at Cinema Hotel Tel Aviv - an Atlas Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2014

Dear Lydia M,
Thank you for your review, we appreciate your candid feedback. We are happy to hear you were pleased with our staff. We understand that when it comes to room size everyone has their own personal expectations and we respect your opinion and thank you for sharing it with us. Your remarks regarding shoes and socks and have been made aware to management. This is something we have never encountered in the hotel before and thus the situation will be looked into right away and we apologize for any discomfort you may have felt. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Cinema Hotel.

Jordana Neeman, Guest Relations Manager, Atlas Hotels.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I was truly wowed by this hotel--it surpassed all my expectations for an Israeli hotel. I was in Room 107 for a week, and the room was immaculate. The bathroom was small but had probably the best shower I've ever seen in a hotel--a great rainshower overhead as well as a handheld showerhead. Not only that, the shower was over a bathtub that was actually deep enough (and nice enough) to take a bath in, and I did. This room must have been recently renovated and was of a nicer quality overall than most American hotels I have been in lately.

As so many other reviewers have stated, the breakfast buffet is outstanding, and the happy hour on the fourth floor terrace overlooking the fountain is a wonderful treat. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the location of the hotel could not be more convenient to everything in downtown Tel Aviv. There were lots of lights in the room, which is a real bonus, as most hotel rooms are too dark. The AC worked great and was needed. The bed and bedding was very comfortable. One whole wall of the room was a mirror, so I didn't have to hunt for a tiny mirror to check my outfit. There was plenty of storage in the closet for all of my things. The elevators were always available. Every time I turned around in this hotel and in my room I was pleasantly surprised by one thing or another.

Even the flat-screen TV, which was nicely mounted on the wall, was of a quality that I often don't see in hotels in the U.S, and had news channels in English, as well as movie channels running a good selection of movies at all hours.

My only complaints were:

- Minor: The fridge in the room was not cold enough, there was no freezer area in the fridge, and there was no microwave. There is an electric kettle, but no coffee maker.

- Minor: Although the bathroom was in great shape, it was very small and compact. One morning the toilet flush mechanism did not work, but I phoned in for a request and then went to breakfast, and by the time I got back it was fixed. The room I was in might be challenging for older folks or for those who might have some limited mobility, as it is quite a large step to get into and out of the deep tub, and getting out onto the balcony is almost like climbing out of a window.

- Major: I asked for a quiet room, and my room had a great balcony with a nice view of the fountain, but my room was directly over a club that partied on well into the night, and it was EXTREMELY loud every night I was there. Luckily, the AC masked the sound just enough that I was able to sleep despite the racket. But if noises keep you up at night, ask for a room away from the nightly party.

Overall I highly recommend this hotel and will stay there again the next time I am in Tel Aviv (which is often, as my daughter lives there). Well done Atlas!

Room Tip: Room 107 is in great shape and has a good view of the fountain but is directly over a club that is v...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank ljweez
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Hotel Cinema is situated at an excellent place at Dizengoff square. Staff is very friendly and helpful, the deck with the afternoon apéro and the gorgious view are just great. Rich breakfast, everything fresh.
Our room was comfortable and nice but a bit small. We will come back.....

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Comfortable accommodations in a nice neighborhood conveniently located to walk to the sea and many local restaurants. Also close to busses. Lovely deck for afternoon wine and nibbles plus substantial breakfast. Front desk personnel very friendly and helpful. Rooms are nice but a bit small for my taste.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda U
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Hotel Cinema is located right next to the Dizengoff Square and the historical fountain. The location is so amazing that a lot of relevant places are actually at the walking distances. E.g., Dizengoff Mall, Nahalat Benjamin flea market, Frishman beach etc. On Thursdays the the square itself has a flea market and the place comes livid.

I stayed at Cinema for a business visit for full one month, and enjoyed their sumptuous breakfast and the customers lounge at the top floor for evening access. The bathrooms are of decent size, and so are the rooms. The staff is very courteous, and doesn't really says 'no'. The interiors of the entrance lobby and the first floor area showcase the 'cinema equipment' from an older world. A beautiful place to stay, that too at a very reasonable price!!

Room Tip: The towards the side Dizengoff square have a little better external view, though there isn't muc...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business