“one night in tel aviv at leonardo basel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Leonardo Beach Tel Aviv Hotel

Leonardo Beach Tel Aviv Hotel
Ranked #63 of 98 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Montreal, Canada
“one night in tel aviv at leonardo basel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

was for one night at leonardo basel (it s not my first time there) the hotel it s not fancy simple but clean the area of the swimming pool it s small but very nice and cosy The service is very good i give you a litle exemple i was at the breakfast and i ask for peanut butter. The lady who was in charge of the dining room, tal , tery to find some without result she said to me i am gone look in the kitchen she came back and said eto mre sorry i cannot find but i sent somebody to the warehouse may be they will have 10 mn later the waiter came back with jar of peanut butter new one i was very impressed because usually when you ask for something and they don t have in the dining room the say we don t have it
at the front desk they were very helpful and very nice specialy Or
like i said before it s not a big hotel but very warm i really recommende it
i forgot i really love the shower big one

Room Tip: higher floors on sea side
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank aviewlchai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Columbus, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

It was so small I had to go outside to change my mind.
Admittedly it was a single, but there was barely room to move around. The bathroom was even more compact. All that being said, I was looking for an inexpensive, clean, safe place near the beach for a weekend and this place was a great choice.
This hotel is not luxurious but is not rundown either; clean and well-maintained.
Friday night dinner was reasonably priced and a good value.
Staff was friendly and helpful. I had some problems with my flight reservations and they let me use the business center without a charge. Nice!

Room Tip: Ask for the sixth floor. The other floors have small windows; for some reason the sixth floor has m...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank gefilte63
FattalM, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Beach Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay at The Leonardo Basel Hotel. I apologize that the room size was not satisfactory. Nevertheless, like you said it met your criteria and needs of cleanliness, central location safety. I am pleased you sampled our Friday night dinner buffet and enjoyed yourself. Our staff goes out of their way to ensure our guests get the best treatment possible. I hope you will stay with us again during your next visit to Israel.
Zaragoza, España
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

Comfortable rooms. Good breakfast buffet. Nice pool. Great location, just across the street from the beach and short walk to good restaurants. Small bathroom, but that's just about the only thing negative about our stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Kit99a
FattalM, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Beach Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at The Leonardo Basel Hotel and reviewing us. I am sorry that our washrooms were not satisfactory but I am happy to know that you have enjoyed our Israeli breakfast buffet and our poo areal. The hotel's location is indeed advantageous because you have easy access to anywhere worthwhile seeing in Tel Aviv. I hope to accommodate you during your next stay in Tel Aviv.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Great buffet breakfast, fast & free wifi in bedroom, comfy bed. Only downside bathroom is a little small but water very hot :)
Great location near the beach and walking distance to Old Jaffa. Great value for money compared to other hotels on the beach.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Whigity
Dear Guest,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. While our washrooms are smaller than usual I am pleased your room was compatible with comfy bed and hot water. Our definite advantages are the diversified Israeli breakfast buffet, free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel and central location in Tel Aviv. It is great The Leonardo Basel Hotel was able to create for you an enjoyable experience and provide value for your money. Hope to have you stay with us again during your next visit to Tel Aviv.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

Nice little hotel right across from the beach. perfectly comfortable, clean, and friendly. Breakfast was good, great cappuccino...and like I said, very friendly staff. Planning another stay there this month.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Kathy V
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to know you liked your stay at The Leonardo Basel Hotel. It is very good to know that our staff are not only able to make an excellent cappuccino but are friendly and helpful to our guests. I hope to have you stay with us soon again.
Bergamo, Italy
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

The room: very small (to use the working desk I had to be seated on the bed), the window was behind the bed and had a decorative curtain that did not offer any shelter from the light (with streetlights right there, I had to use my airplane eyecover to get to sleep), no space for my bulky luggage (I was carrying stuff that I needed for my business), minimal room in the wardrobe, tiny bathroom with basic supplies - even the towels are small.The hotel services: basic lobby, a bar that would not offer table service (you were expected to get your order from the counter), upon arrival I had to drag my luggage up to my bedroom (which is not nice for a middle aged woman travelling alone); the pool opens 9 to 6, so there is no way to take advantage of it if you are travelling for business. And all this was charged 200 dollars per night! The reason for giving 2 and not only 1 star are: the position, across the Street from the Hilton beach; the free wifi connection; and breakfast, that was really rich and varied and offered a good value for the money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Federica B
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to describe your experience and stay at our hotel. What you are describing does not reflect the level of service we aspire to. Please accept our sincerest apologies on behalf of the hotel staff and myself for not succeeding in creating a fully satisfying experience during your stay. We strive to improve the service and make sure all our guests get the best treatment at the hotel. We apologize for not being able to do so for you. Thank you for your observations, our guests' comments is an important tool, one that enables us to improve the level of service in the hotel. I thank you and look forward to hosting you again at the Leonardo Basel hotel.
Rehovot, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

The hotel is cozy and elegant right near the best beaches of Tel-Aviv and 2 steps from Ben Yehuda and Dizengoff. The service was perfect at the reception as well as in the dining room. Breakfast was superb. We found the room a bit small for a 4 star hotel. As for the bathroom it was really much smaller than would be expected from this standard and price. Altogether we had a great time and would recommend the hotel together with a warning regarding the size of the room and bathroom.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple