“Good quality hotel for Tel Aviv beach / marina”

Leonardo Beach Tel Aviv Hotel
Ranked #63 of 103 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Comfortable rooms. Good breakfast buffet. Nice pool. Great location, just across the street from the beach and short walk to good restaurants. Small bathroom, but that's just about the only thing negative about our stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Kit99a
FattalM, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Beach Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at The Leonardo Basel Hotel and reviewing us. I am sorry that our washrooms were not satisfactory but I am happy to know that you have enjoyed our Israeli breakfast buffet and our poo areal. The hotel's location is indeed advantageous because you have easy access to anywhere worthwhile seeing in Tel Aviv. I hope to accommodate you during your next stay in Tel Aviv.
Or Charash

Write a ReviewReviews (1,006)

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Great buffet breakfast, fast & free wifi in bedroom, comfy bed. Only downside bathroom is a little small but water very hot :)
Great location near the beach and walking distance to Old Jaffa. Great value for money compared to other hotels on the beach.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Whigity

Dear Guest,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. While our washrooms are smaller than usual I am pleased your room was compatible with comfy bed and hot water. Our definite advantages are the diversified Israeli breakfast buffet, free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel and central location in Tel Aviv. It is great The Leonardo Basel Hotel was able to create for you an enjoyable experience and provide value for your money. Hope to have you stay with us again during your next visit to Tel Aviv.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Nice little hotel right across from the beach. perfectly comfortable, clean, and friendly. Breakfast was good, great cappuccino...and like I said, very friendly staff. Planning another stay there this month.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Kathy V

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to know you liked your stay at The Leonardo Basel Hotel. It is very good to know that our staff are not only able to make an excellent cappuccino but are friendly and helpful to our guests. I hope to have you stay with us soon again.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

The room: very small (to use the working desk I had to be seated on the bed), the window was behind the bed and had a decorative curtain that did not offer any shelter from the light (with streetlights right there, I had to use my airplane eyecover to get to sleep), no space for my bulky luggage (I was carrying stuff that I needed for my business), minimal room in the wardrobe, tiny bathroom with basic supplies - even the towels are small.The hotel services: basic lobby, a bar that would not offer table service (you were expected to get your order from the counter), upon arrival I had to drag my luggage up to my bedroom (which is not nice for a middle aged woman travelling alone); the pool opens 9 to 6, so there is no way to take advantage of it if you are travelling for business. And all this was charged 200 dollars per night! The reason for giving 2 and not only 1 star are: the position, across the Street from the Hilton beach; the free wifi connection; and breakfast, that was really rich and varied and offered a good value for the money.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Federica B

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to describe your experience and stay at our hotel. What you are describing does not reflect the level of service we aspire to. Please accept our sincerest apologies on behalf of the hotel staff and myself for not succeeding in creating a fully satisfying experience during your stay. We strive to improve the service and make sure all our guests get the best treatment at the hotel. We apologize for not being able to do so for you. Thank you for your observations, our guests' comments is an important tool, one that enables us to improve the level of service in the hotel. I thank you and look forward to hosting you again at the Leonardo Basel hotel.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

The hotel is cozy and elegant right near the best beaches of Tel-Aviv and 2 steps from Ben Yehuda and Dizengoff. The service was perfect at the reception as well as in the dining room. Breakfast was superb. We found the room a bit small for a 4 star hotel. As for the bathroom it was really much smaller than would be expected from this standard and price. Altogether we had a great time and would recommend the hotel together with a warning regarding the size of the room and bathroom.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Nathalie K
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Very pleased with our stay at this hotel. Great location for visiting sights by public transport, but hotel parking as well. Comfortable, quiet room. Excellent service from staff at reception and dining room. Breakfast was particularly good. Must mention Itay, the lovely, friendly young lad who cooks the eggs and waffles to order.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Judy I
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Perfectly seviceable hotel, close to the beach. However the rooms are very small and it is definitely not 4stars. At reception there was a member of staff called OR who is truly special and a fantastic addition for the hotel. Always helpful and solved any problems. Breakfast has a very good selection. My only real gripe was housekeeping not re-filling the bar each day,so every day I had to chase them to do it. Overall good but just be aware it is not 4 star and the bathrooms are tiny.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business