“Perfect location for the Beach”

Leonardo Beach Tel Aviv Hotel
Ranked #65 of 101 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Hotel offers full kosher breakfast with good variety. Located close to all amenities & beaches. Staff very helpful & friendly. Nice size pool & coffee lounge. Recommend booking rooms on 4th to 6th floors as they have been upgraded & side views looking out to the beach front.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank James G
FattalM, General Manager at Leonardo Beach Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing to stay at The Leonardo Basel Hotel. I am pleased to know you have enjoyed our various culinary options available at the dinning room and lobby bar. It is unfortunate you felt the room was too small from what you are used to. I hope to see you again during your next visit to Tel Aviv.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I spent 2 weeks in the hotel and they made me feel like home ;) the place is very close to all bars clubs and to the beach . I had a great stay and specifically like to mention Shai Greiady that was very helpful !!

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Obamacare

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay at The Leonardo Basel Hotel and writing your review about our hotel. I am glad we were able to make you feel at home with our hospitality and service. Leonardo Basel is indeed strategically located at the heart of things close to Tel Aviv Port, the beach, Dizengoff Center Mall and other places of happening. Your appreciated was forwarded to Shai and I thank you for that. I hope to see you soon again at The Leonardo Basel Hotel.
Best Regards,

Reviewed June 1, 2013

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The food is very good. Free wi-fi. The rooms are adequte, but the bathroom is too small to stay here with my wife. No view of the Sea, but it is easy to walk to. Good place for a group tour or adult groups of friends. I would not stay here with my family with children ages 9-14.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank McKD92

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Like you have mentioned, while our rooms and washrooms are small for some of our guests, our success with providing friendly and helpful staff, free Wi-Fi and delicious food outmatches the other unchangeable inconveniences. When a guest reserves a sea view room we are liable to provide one. During the months of summer which start from May until August the hotel is fully booked and therefore we cannot upgrade most guests to sea view unless they pre-book one. Nevertheless, the sea is but a few minutes by foot and it's worth it. I hope to see you again during your next visit to Israel.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Staff very friendly, thoroughly recommend. We arrived with my elderly mother after approximately 30 hours travel at 0800 and they organised a room for us as soon as they could and gave us a complimentary breakfast whilst we waited.

Room Tip: One with a beach view
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Ronald S

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay at The Leonardo Basel Hotel. I am pleased to know we were able to provide your mother an early check in after a long journey from Australia. If we are notified in advance and we have the option, we at The Leonardo Basel Hotel, are happy to oblige and provide everything that is required by our guests. I hope that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to seeing you again amongst our guests.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Was really pleased with the professional, but friendly manner present at the Basel Hotel. Greeted every day by my name; wasn't some anonymous guest like at some hotels.

Breakfast buffet was the best I've ever experienced. Loved the shakshuka. Try it! Fresh bread, fruit, cheeses and a good choice of Israeli options for you to try as well as the (boring) cereals & toast you can find back home.

Particular praise please to Or Harash in reception, who always made me feel welcome and helped with any queries or help I needed, like booking taxis, excursions etc.

Excellent location by Tel Aviv marina close to Ben Yehuda and Dizengoff streets and also a short (15-20min) walk to Tel Aviv Port where there are a number of restaurants.

Would definitely stay here the next time I visit Israel.

אני אחזור I'll be back!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank mrwfield

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay at The Leonardo Basel Hotel and taking the time to write your heartwarming review of our hotel. Leonardo Basel Hotel's motto is to host with love and care in a family oriented manner and therefore we create personal and attentive relationships with our guests. I am pleased you enjoyed our various and diversified culinary options at our Israeli breakfast buffet. Your praise was forwarded personally by me to Or and I thank you again for your review. I look forward having you stay with us again during your next visit in Israel.
Best Regards,

Reviewed May 28, 2013

i've been in the hotel several times
this is my home hotel
the hospitality is excellent, and the staff are very nice and helpfull.
the rooms are very comfortable and Equipped with everything that you need
the hotel is placed near the beach and in the center of tel aviv

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank gordon c
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Location is great, right near everything.

Pool is too small and way too cold - Everyone complained to the lifeguard but he didn't seem to care. He was more interested in teaching a rude man (who kept splashing everyone with his bellyflops) how to swim.

Breakfast was really good with tons of choice, Can not fault this one bit!!!

Food by pool is amazing especially the Chicken Teriyaki!

Rooms are ok but booked a double room expecting a double bed...not 2 single beds pushed together. This was very disappointing as we also had 2 single duvets. Not what a DOUBLE room is supposed to be.

Bar staff really friendly, helpful and funny, especially the evening staff...not so much the reception staff who were impatient, rude, sarcastic and couldn't care less.

Pool toilets really need cleaning.

All towels are WAY TOO SMALL for a normal sized human!!!

Why does the air-con turn off ever couple of minutes and need the room door opening and closing to reactivate?

Good value for money overall but needs work.

Room Tip: Avoid lower floors at the front.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple