“Small business Hotel inTel Aviv - but nice”

Leonardo Beach Tel Aviv Hotel
Ranked #65 of 101 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed February 10, 2013

If you are locking for an small but nice business hotel (for vacation of course too) - it´s a good choice. The rooms are not to big, but clean, the bed is very good and you have all what you need inside (especially to prepare Tea). Breakfast is good and all the staff at the reception friendly. The the beach 5 min and to some nice restaurants 10-15 min. So the Hotel is in an very good place.

Wifi is availlable in the rooms too and for free, one safe is in the roome too - to test the pool it was to cold for me in this time.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Frank U
FattalM, General Manager at Leonardo Beach Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear Guest,
We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with The Leonardo Basel. While our rooms might be small for some of our guests, we certainly counterweight it with excellent service, clean and well maintained hotel rooms and public areas. Our hotel is well situated with access to anywhere worthwhile visiting. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to have you again at The Leonardo Basel.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

We had stayed exclusively at Leonardo hotels for 11 nights, including 3 rooms for 5 nights at the Basel, in Tel Aviv.

The staff (with the exception of one person who was amazing) were terrible, and what made this worse, was it was the management / supervisor level that was the worst. They were rude, unhelpful and arrogant .

Examples:
Standing with my kids, waiting for the (small) lift. When the doors opened, three senior staffmembers pushed in front of us so there was no space for our family in the lift. I gave them a piece of my mind.

But the best example of the worst service has to be my discussion with Naomi - the banquet manager. She rudely stared at us during breakfast, interrupting a happy family discussion. When I asked her what she wanted, she said she wanted to do a survey. I reluctantly agreed and she tried to pressure me into writing a good review on Tripadvisor. I said that first, she could do something for me. We'd paid for 33 room nights with Leonardo (3 rooms, 11 nights) and we needed one more night, for my wife's parents to join us at short notice. I asked her to see what rate she could organise.
She came back 5 minutes later and offered me a rate that was much more than I was already paying per room. When I explained that this was ridiculous, she said:
1. What do you want to pay?
2. If you want I can try and get you a 1% discount
3. Your rate you're currently paying you got off expedia / hotels.com etc. This was factually wrong and insulting!

I explained that I booked my rooms through front reception, not a discount website.

She then pushed me to complete a review on trip advisor, so here it is. She is without doubt the worst suited employee I have ever met for the hospitality industry.

Other notable mentions:
- The chefs and staff at the breakfast were rude and miserable.
- The man who collected used plates from the table STARED at the children to the point where I told him to walk away "NOW".

There was one shining light at this hotel. Shay - who worked at reception. She could land a job at any hotel in the world , no idea why she puts up with the shoddy management at this one. If not for Shay, we would have checked out on day 1.

Room Tip: The best room you can choose is one at another hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sixpence101
FattalM, General Manager at Leonardo Beach Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Guest,
First of all thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Leonardo Basel TLV. We deeply regret that you did not enjoy your stay. We realize that you felt uncomfortable during your stay at the hotel and for that we apologize.

What you are describing does not reflect the level of service we aspire to. Please accept our sincerest apologies on behalf of the hotel staff and the management for not succeeding in creating a fully satisfying experience during your stay.

Your comments have been forwarded to the general managers in order to improve the service and make sure all our guests get the best treatment at the hotel. We apologize for not being able to do so for you.
We will do all that is in our power to learn from your comments in order to improve and avoid such things in the future.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

We moved from another hotel in another part of town which was horrible. The Leonardo Basel was just what we needed. Really helpful staff, comfortable room and spotlessly clean bathroom. It had everything we needed:- free wifi, safe, hot drinks in the room, sea view and close to the beach.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Louisagain

Dear Guest,
We are pleased to hear that we were able to answer all your needs and wants, it is a wonderful feedback. We aspire to cater to all our guests' desires in order to ensure a fulfilling and satisfying vacation experience. Leonardo Basel certainly stands out with our free wifi which is rare in Tel Aviv, let alone in hotels. We hope to see you again amongst our guests.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Myself and my husband stayed here for 5 days,
The hotel at first appearance was a little disappointing but my initial thoughts was that it was clean and would do.
Check in was quick and efficient with the added bonus of free wifi.
Have to say that the hotel grew on me the longer we stayed.
Hotel staff was EXCEPTIONAL and would like to mention Michael who gave us some good suggestions on many questions we gave him.
Food was fresh and tasty.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Helenronald
FattalM, General Manager at Leonardo Beach Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear Guest,
I am happy to hear that the first impression you had did not stop you from enjoying your stay and seeing our true virtues. Our staff enjoys and spends extra care to ensure all our guests' needs and wants are taken care of and looked after. We will forward your positive thoughts to Michael, thank you. Leonardo Basel is proud of its free unlimited Wi-Fi and large and rich Israeli breakfast buffet. We hope to see you again amongst our guests.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I travel to Tel Aviv quite often and always choose Leonardo Basel as my place to stay. This hotel has a wonderful location: 2 minutes walk from the beach, 5 minutes walk from the busy streets of Ben-Yehuda and Dizengoff and 15 minutes from Dizengoff Center mall.
But the location is not the main reason I choose this hotel over and over. The reason is the great hospitality of all the hotel staff. They really committed to give the guests the best treatment they can, with care and with a smile, giving you the feeling that this is your second home.
Beside that the hotel has a great Israeli breakfast (also here, you will get the best welcome from the restaurant staff) and a free internet access (something you won’t find in other Tel Aviv hotels).
Just make sure you have a room with the Mediterranean Sea view, and you all set.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ppppp4

Dear Guest,
Thank you kindly for writing such a detailed review about our hotel, we appreciate it. We are pleased we were able to provide you the Second Home Experience that we aspire to achieve with all our guests. Our staff provide such an atmosphere because Leonardo Basel is our second home and we wish to share it with all who stay with us. We certainly take pride and joy that we are able to provide free internet to our guests which is just a minor but significant part of the whole experience. We look forward to host you again at The Leonardo Basel.
Best Regards,

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I would have been ok with the bare bones feel of the room, but after spending 3 nights at the Leonardo, we got a much nicer room with a view of the ocean and an even better breakfast across the street at the Crowne Plaza. Since there are so many hotels on Hayarkon Street, you should consider checking out other hotels just by walking up to their check in desks. They all save a certain number of rooms for those who just walk in.

Room Tip: Pick higher floors to avoid sound of 5 a.m. trash pick up!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jackied881
FattalM, General Manager at Leonardo Beach Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Dear Guest,
We are sorry to hear that you did not receive the expected service during your stay. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our standards of service are at the top of our values list. We strive to ensure all our guests enjoy their stay. We hope to see you again at The Leonardo Basel and guarantee that you would be happy.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Nice hotel, with a pleasant staff. A young lady at reception was particularly helpful (Shai). She went out of her way to assure my comfort and transportation.
The beach is across a rather intimidating highway, but is easily crossed at a nearby crosswalk.
The road behind the hotel is 5 minutes away 9 (a right and a right) and has many lively shops and galleries. Worth a walk "around the block". 2 good money changers on that street.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the Med.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Richard B

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to know Shay answered all your needs and more. We will inform Shay of your positive comments, thank you. Leonardo Basel is certainly located in a very nice area worth exploring and seeing. We hope to see you again at our hotel.