“Nice hotel, good location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Leonardo Beach Tel Aviv Hotel

Leonardo Beach Tel Aviv Hotel
Ranked #63 of 98 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Northern Region
“Nice hotel, good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

Not our first stay with the Leonardo (Fattal) chain of hotels. As always, the hotel staff is pleasant and helpful, and the rooms are just fine. Breakfast was very nice, in the usual lavish Israeli hotel buffet style.In this case, being a refurbished hotel (I still remember the old Basel Hotel) the rooms are spacious, and well appointed (my experience, on the first floor). We only stayed one night but found it to be comfortable. The only drawback was the two mattresses set together to form a double (queen). I would have expected better from Fattal, but we managed. Not cheap, but not the most expensive, either, for this location.
Altogether, we can recommed this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

My wife and I stayed two days in this hotel, the room is good and the hotel is well located (very close to the mains hotel´s chain)
We arrived at 3 AM in the hotel after flying almost 5 hours and the manager did not find our reservation in the computer. We stayed almost 30 minutes waiting a solution without successful. The manager arranged one room for us and in the next day I could solve the problem with them.
The breakfast is very good with several kinds of food.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
buckinghamshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2011

Had a great stay at the hotel on the 14th-21st october with my mother. Nice clean rooms, fresh towels every day with bed linen changed several times during our stay. Great buffet breakfast with plenty of choice. Very friendly staff, Amit on the desk was very helpful and always cheerful. This hotel is great value for money with a friendly atmosphere. Will return here again. Thankyou for a great stay.

Room Tip: Higher rooms would give a better view off the sea
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Ashkelon, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

I loved my three-nights-four-days visit at the hotel. Im quite a swimmer, so I statrted my visit by taking a dip in the pool, which is conveniently situated on the ground floor next to the bar.
Kobi, the night chief clerk, was very welcoming and made my entire stay an unforgettable experience. The food was amazing! The chicken soup, although not as good as my mum's, was my favourite. Also, since I was there during a weekend, the opening hours of the restaurant were generous which made it possible for me to sleep in. My room was on the 5th floor which gave my quite a view of the sea. The location of the hotel is great since it is located on a quiet street, but only a five minute walk from downtown Tel-Aviv! I will defintely be back.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

Stayed here for a conference, which was held in the hotel. Conference room was in the basement, which was a bit of a shame, given the weather outside! Location means that you can pop to the beach for short periods of time and, in my case, be back for the next conference session! Food was great - large choice of salads and hot food. For dinner, chefs cook a couple of extras while you wait (amazing steak cooked to order!).

The only annoyance for me was the problems with wifi when I stayed - inactive codes were given out and the issue took three days to resolve. This was quite a nuisance, given I had to keep an eye on work e-mails.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Alesund, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

This hotel is close to the beach in tel aviv. The room was very small, and I have to say I was a bit dissapointed of it. The Bathroom was the smallest bathroom I've ever experienced on a hotel so far. However the the staff was very pleasant, and service was exellent. For some reason (I don't know why) the mini bar was closed in my room, and I didn't manage to open it.
The room had air condition, and it was clean.
The hotel served breakfast. however I wish they had something else than just cheese, jam and omelette to the bread.
All in all this is an OK hotel, but personally I would call this an average hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Kfar Haro'e
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

The Leonardo- Basel Hotel is a lovely place to stay in. I had a great weekend there with my family. The hosting was warm and nice, the rooms were domestic and clean, and the food was delicious and nutritious. We got everything we needed from the kind staff. I had a good experience with my family and I would love to come again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family