Leonardo Beach Tel Aviv Hotel
$254
  • Breakfast included
$276
  • Bar/Lounge
Hilton Tel Aviv(Tel Aviv)
$446
$480
Very Good 4/5
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
The Rothschild 71(Tel Aviv)
$321
$387
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
1,035 results
All reviewsbreakfast and dinnerfour nightsthe general managersea viewrooms are smallbusiness loungespecial thanksben yehudabaselbeachisraeltelkoshershekelsportmediterraneanjaffa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 2, 2011

Stayed there for 7 nights in order to attend a seminar(RAD) in a nearby hotel.
The hotel is very modest and limited on some aspects but most the front desk personnel is gentle and seem genuinely helpful. Pool opened only for 10 to 17.

On the last days (27 and 28 of May) there was some kind of Jewish celebration and the hotel was packed with extremely loud and noisy adults and kids. It looked like they owned the place and didn't care for all other guests. Unfortunately, the hotel staff had no way to handle such an indelicate and difficult people.

But my greatest disappointment is related with a bag I've left in the room after check-out.
The bag contained some souvenirs (t-shirts) for my 3yr old child, and had only sentimental value. On the same day of the check-out I've called the front desk and mentioned that there was a bag left on top of the bed, and that the maid service must have seen it.
Well, after several calls to several persons in the hotel, the bag was never found. I even offered to pay for any return expenses.

I felt frustrated and disappointed because "NO ONE" found something that was on top of the bed. I cannot imagine if it was some objects of higher valor. Not so good for the maid service reputation but they seem not to worry about it.

My initial calls were treated with indifference and I felt dispatched.
Later on,a lady called Mariana was the only one that spent some time to listen and somehow, I assume there was a minor effort to investigate the problem but not succeeded.

Room Tip: Talk to the frontdesk.Use the room safe while away
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank PedroCC
FattalM, Public Relations Manager at Leonardo Beach Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2011

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. I am writing on behalf of the hotel staff and management. The hotel searched everywhere for your bag but unfortunately could not find anything.

The hotel tried to get a hold of you but could not reach you so I take this opportunity to get in touch with you. The hotel would like to compensate you for losing the souvenirs and buy you three t-shirts for your son.

We are truly sorry for this and for not succeeding in making a great experience for you during your vacation in all aspects.

On behalf of Leonardo Basel Hotel staff and management

Ilana
Fattal Hotels

Reviewed May 25, 2011

I stayed for four nights here on business. The service was very good from check in to check out. Breakfast was very good. My room was quite small and a bit tired. But there was nothing terribly wrong with it.

The view from my room was a bit disappointing but the location is very good. Right on the seafront and only five minutes walk into the city for shops.

Taxi from airport was 134 shekels.

I would return.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed May 25, 2011

Perfect service, perfect room, perfect food, perfect location.
Me and my husband always stay at Leonardo Basel when we come to Israel , which we do 4-5 times a year.
We always feel like coming home and we always feel very welcome . It is like a big family, and we feel like we are part of it, so why look for another hotel. It can not get better and we have recommended many of our friends (from Sweden) to enjoy their holiday at Leonardo Basel Hotel and they have always been very satisfied.
My father Z"l always stayed at hotel Basel when he travelled to Israel in 1970th ,so why change his patter.
We wish Leornardo Basel all the best and we just love it.
Paula & Edward Singer
Sweden

Room Tip: We have always been satisfied with the rooms .
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 25, 2011

We stayed for three nights at the Leonardo Basel. It is located across the street from the Gordon beach and a few hundred meters from the Ben Yehuda Street. An ideal location for vaction-goers who want to have a swim before breakfast and love to stroll around in the city center in the daytime.
On the top floor there is a business lounge with computers, wifi-access and drinks for business-guests.
There is a swimmingpool in the garden with lifeguide. It it open 10 am to 5 pm.
Parking is available for 11 USD/night

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2011

My family and I went to Tel Aviv at the end of July beginning of August for a family wedding. The group comprised of teenagers upto pensioners (16 of us!). Israel has always been on my list of places to go but I just never managed to get there so the wedding was a kick up the bum for me to get going. I had heard stories of how wonderful Tel Aviv is and we stayed at the Leonardo Basel (Fattal Group) and my first thoughts were 'wow'. A beautiful boutique style hotel, cosey and informal in a tasteful way. The staff were amazingly friendly and helpful and throughout our fortnights stay and they became like family. The food was amazing, something for everyone, including vegetarians. The lifeguard by the pool was fantastic, the poolside area got very busy with many families but he always watched the young children like a hawk. The bar staff - especially Mikki couldn't do enough for you. Always polite but very friendly and had a natural rapport with everyone. Avi, on the main desk, no matter how many times he asked if everything was alright - he meant it. And we couldn't fault anything. The cleanliness, the facilities, the location - everything was perfect. Located across the road from the beach and a wonderful stroll along the promenade to Jaffa, the Leonardo Basel has got it all to offer.
Tel Aviv itself is one of the most cosmopolitan cities I have had the pleasure of seeing and enjoying. If you want to go to one place you'll never forget - this is it. 10/10.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family