“Very good hotel, beach location, great staff”
Review of Carlton Tel Aviv

Carlton Tel Aviv
Ranked #25 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Israel
“Very good hotel, beach location, great staff”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We spent a couple of days at the hotel on a romantic vacation. The room was spacious, overlooking the sea. It was newly renovated in modern but elegant.

Breakfast was superb, with lots of options. The hotel is on the beach front, about 2 miles from Jaffa (a nice walk if the the weather is nice).

Staff are extremely nice and going out of their way to help.

The only downside was that there were still renovations while we were there, so it was a bit noisy. Also, why is wifi not free?

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jeremy S, Public Relations Manager at Carlton Tel Aviv, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear eladyt. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Carlton Tel Aviv. Our wireless internet service is outsourced to an outside company and as such is available at an extra charge, which is considerably lower than those offered by most other hotels in Tel Aviv. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will return to stay with us in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Having stayed at several of the big name hotels in Tel Aviv during previous business trips, I was persuaded to stay at the Carlton on my last visit, and I am truly glad that I did!

Whilst not the most attractive building from the outside, the hotel is modern and my room had been recently renovated, featuring a glass fronted balcony enabling me to enjoy the view (mine was north facing towards the Hilton and the sea but there are all types of view on offer) whilst working or relaxing.

Breakfast was served in the 2nd floor restaurant (apparently in summer months it is served at an outside beachfront location) and featured a huge range of delicious dishes that kept my hunger satisfied until way after lunch! I had wanted to work off some of the calories in the gym later that day, but unfortunately it had closed by the time I got there.

Everywhere I went in the hotel I found the staff to be friendly and helpful and after a couple of days they seemed to know me and greeted me by name which I found very pleasant and made me feel at home. The hotel is well geared for business travellers and since I had booked an Executive room, I was able to use the Executive lounge with its free wifi access and even more food!

I would certainly recommend the hotel for business or leisure (it's located right on the beachfront) and have already decided that in future this will be my hotel of choice in Tel Aviv.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear adamk77. Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. We are delighted that you have found your new base in Tel Aviv and that you enjoyed the hotel’s facilities during your stay with us. We are looking forward to having you as our guest during your future business and leisure trips to Tel Aviv.
Montevideo, Uruguay
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed there with my family and friends for a wedding
Nice and modern hotel with a great view outside, had a lovely time there with my family
check the sushi bar at the lobby bar and the pool on the roof
will be back soon!

Room Tip: deluxe room with full sea view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear gabi g. We were very pleased to hear that you, your family and friends enjoyed your stay with us during your visit to Tel Aviv. We hope that you will come back and visit us soon!
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Very nice hotel, great location...breakfast delicious.
Staff very helpful & nice,the lobby bar offered good choice.the room had the most beautiful view to the Mediterranean sea.
The limousine service is excellent.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Adriannecm. Thank you for your review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at the hotel. We hope that we will see you again soon amongst our guests at the Carlton Tel Aviv.
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I have stayed at the Carlton on my last 2 visits to Tel Aviv and can only praise the hotel. The location is extremely convenient, the rooms are large, clean and modern and the food is out of this world! The staff go out of their way to help you in any way that they can and I would recommend the hotel to anyone visiting Tel Aviv, for work or pleasure.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Jackey32. It is always our pleasure to welcome you to the CarltonTel Aviv, and we are delighted that you are enjoying your stays with us. We constantly do our utmost to ensure that each and every guest is made to feel at home, and we are delighted that you have chosen to return to our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you on many more future occasions.
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at the Carlton. The food was amazing, the rooms were clean and stylish and the staff in the entire hotel were incredible. They have a great room service menu including mashed chicken soup for our baby and the waitresses in the morning were so helpful. My kids were so excited to see that they had Nick Jr on TV and we were happy to see they had YES.
In our opinion the Carlton has the best customer service of any hotel we have stayed in, in Israel.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear FunInJerusalem2011. It was our pleasure to have you and your family as our guests at the Carlton Tel Aviv. Thank you for your comments regarding our Customer Service which is of course our top priority. We hope that you will choose to return to the hotel in the near future.
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

I stated there 3 nights for my own business, the hotel is absolutely gorgeous!
Its more expensive than the others on the line but you get good value for money
Best location, fantastic view to the ocean and the marina, polite service - specially at the restaurants, great renovated room, and probably the best breakfast I ever had!
Well done!

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear mike s. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here on Tripadvisor. We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed your visit and we hope that you will join us again in the not-too-distant future.