“My home away from home in Israel”

Renaissance Tel Aviv Hotel
Ranked #55 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Boston, Massachusetts
“My home away from home in Israel”
Reviewed October 24, 2010

I have been traveling to Israel for business for 4 years about every other month, and I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else but the Renaissance Hotel. Most of the staff by now know me and welcome me by saying "Welcome back! So nice to see you again!" and I really feel that they mean it. They take very good care of me while I am in Israel, which is usually for 4-5 nights each time. The waiters even know that I don't drink coffee in the morning and at dinner I like a Coke. The doormen are very helpful and know I need a taxi and remember where I'm going. They always negotiate the taxi price for me. One time a taxi driver tried to rip me off and said there was a new tax and he charged me a higher price. When I got back to the hotel I told the doorman, and the next morning he got my money back. The hotel is in a superb location. You are right on the beach! Every room has a view of the Mediterranean. I have seen some amazing sunsets from my balcony. My favorite part of the hotel just might be the breakfast buffet - I look forward to it every time - the selection is great, and of course they have fresh squeezed OJ. Within walking distance you have so many great restaurants and some shops. There is even a pharmacy about a 10 minute walk if you need it. Because you are right on the beach, this is a great location if you like to walk on the beach or run along the boardwalk for exercise. The health club is good and they have an indoor pool, but I've never used the pool (why, when the sea is right there!). The rooms are good. They're bigger than a typical European room but smaller than a typical American room. They've upgraded the TVs to flat screens and they've upgraded the bedding considerably since I started staying there. I really like the bedding and the pillows. They give you a complimentary bottle of water at the start of your stay, though I wish they'd give you one every day because I drink a lot of water! But you can buy a bottle in the gift shop. The hotel is safe and in a safe location. There is always a security guard outside who will check your bag, but I don't mind this and I'm glad they do it. The hotel is part of Marriott but I think it is family owned so it has a very nice feel to it. The same people have been working there for years and act like they are vested in its success. I highly recommend this hotel to both business travelers and vacationers. I have met people from all over the world at this hotel, so they are used to dealing with different cultures. My company has held meetings at the hotel as well, and I think they've had very good service for corporate functions. One criticism is the price to pay for wireless Internet each day - ouch. But if you are going to Israel, you'll really enjoy staying at the Renaissance on the seashore.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
PA
Reviewed October 12, 2010

This was first time in Tel Aviv and I only stayed one night simply to be closer to the airport. At first I was surprised this was a Renaissance Hotel, but it didn't take long to realize this is probably the nicest hotel on the beach. Looking at the nearby hotels I was very glad we selected the Renaissance. The hotel is very clean. The room I stayed in was spotless. More importantly the staff was excellent. They were friendly and very helpful. Very good breakfast included in room price.

I definitely recommend this hotel and I will absolutely stay again. Make sure to spend the money for access to the Club lounge on the top floor. Nice place to access computer and have a few free drinks and snacks.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank FamilyoffourPA
Endless Mountains, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 3, 2010

The rooms are spotless, and service is Great! As a Gold Card member, I expect nothing less.
Had a pleasant 5night stay. I can't think of anything negitive to write about.
Upon arriving in our room there was a large bowl of fruit with a welcome message.
The beach is right outside your room and the breakfast couldn't of been better.
If you are going to Tel Aviv this is the place to stay!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dreammj
naperville, illinois
Reviewed October 1, 2010

We were guests at the Renaissance Tel Aviv September 25-28,2010. We were very pleased by the location - right on the beach, accessibility to shopping, beach restaurants. Our room, on the 14th floor, gave us access to the Club Lounge, which was open all day ( a nice idea as most US club lounges are open only for breakfast and evening snacks.) The staff in the lounge (two ladies) were most accomodating and helpful with our needs. The lounge has a free computer for guest use to do a quick check of emails. We did not eat in any of the hotel's restaurants, but did take the suggestion from the front desk to eat at "hello London' for a good burger. The hotel is a quick 10 minute walk from shopping and main souvenir stores.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank imwmn913
jerusalem israel
Reviewed September 15, 2010

we went w/ teenagers and 6 yr old son. the location was great because there is a door leading right outside to the beach...no street to cross. they gave towels for the beach. very nice indoor pool/jacuzzi. the water was perfect. other times we've stayed in tel aviv & outdoor pools were very cold. exercise room/sauna were high standard. rooms were nice with small balcony overlooking beach. food was good...not great but nice variety. my kids complained that there was no soda or juice with dinner...you had to buy it separately. we requested a fridge in the room and there was no charge added. i only wish there had been a kids' play area with ping pong/pool, and activities for little kids. all in all, i would definitely go back.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank elyodaeiam
Petach Tikva
Reviewed August 12, 2010

I have visited some hotels in Tel Aviv, Tiberias and the Dead Sea. What all the hotels have in common is "dark corners". I mean those uncarred parts of the hotel that your eyes see them, but you should ignore them, according to the hotel staff. Let me say that after 4 stays at Renaissanse Tel Aviv, I failed to find such "dark corners"
One of the most important aspects of a high end hotel is the quality of the carpets on the hallways. They are very expensive to maintain and change. In Renaissance they are fluffy and spotless.
Another big "dark corner" is the loby. You will always see torn couches or scratched tables, dirt etc. In Renaissance absolutely perfect - I mean, I looked and never found anything wrong in the loby.
Of course the overall maintainance of the hotel is superb.
The rooms are well maintained, and, again, no "dark corners"
The recent renovation of the spa area, including pool, sauna, fitness room and jacuzzi is absolutely luxurious.
All the other usual qualities of a 5 star hotel are to be found also, but I wanted to stress in my review what impressed me the most, and I shall repeat it again NO DARK CORNERS hence NO UGLY SURPRISES.
Regarding the staff - they are great, but this can be subjective according to your private experience. The Renaissance's lack of "dark corners", so popular in many hotels, assures a relaxed stay and will cause you to want to return again and again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank HarryIsrael
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed August 5, 2010

This hotel is located on Tel-Aviv sea-front and has a direct access to the beach. Hotel lobby and bar lounge are elegant, but all other parts of this hotel including rooms and swimming are really worn and should really be upgraded. Rooms have a nice view and are pretty spacious, but have probably not been refursbished since '80s. I had access to business lounge which serves very good srinks, appetizers and light meals; and breakfast is also very with plenty of local fruits. So the hotel itself is not so bad but is really not up to the standards you expect from a Renaissance hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business