“Warm staff, we always feel at home here!”

Renaissance Tel Aviv Hotel
Ranked #60 of 101 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The location is also the best! Great breakfast, clean rooms and very helpful staff. We have been coming here every year for the last 10 years! The beach is at their back door, and if you like Israeli folk dancing, it is right there on the tayelet every Saturday. Even the bellman are very cooperative and helpful!

Room Tip: We prefer to face Jaffa! But, even the marina view is good! All sea view!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for two nights whilst in Israel for business. I was pleasantly surprised by the friendly service, unlike the place that I recently stayed at just down the road. I was not happy that I had to pay an additional $20 per day for WiFi. Surely that sort of thing should be free considering the price you pay the room? The bed was very comfortable, the breakfast was excellent and the view from the room balcony was great.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My family and I recently stayed here and were disappointed. After checking in, the rooms seemed dated. Also, there was a Wifi charge for each electronic device (cell phone, iPad etc) for only 24 hours of 100 NIS. My two daughters were very disappointed. We also explored the hotel and found an indoor pool. We were really hoping and assuming this would be an outdoor pool, since the hotel is located on the beach in warm sunny Tel Aviv. The hotel staff did allow us to use the outdoor pool at the adjacent Sheraton Hotel, which by the way had free-wifi in the lobby. A positive is the breakfast brunch. It is excellent but be sure to buy when you reserve your room package otherwise it is pricey. We will not stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jennifer R
Reviewed June 15, 2013

After staying at the Renaissance in Istanbul, which was very nice, a stay at the Renaissance Tel Aviv was like going back into a 30 year time warp. I was told they are redoing the rooms one floor a year. Please speed up the process.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank madmanny
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Excellent Hotel, very good restaurant, right on the beach. Friendly staff who couldn't do enough to please --- especially with Marriott card. Several other restaurants in close proximity, but Hotel's restaurant buffet was very good. Surrounded largely by other beach front hotels.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dick C
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for five nights. I was slightly nervous because of the negative reviews we read on Trip Advisor and we do not agree with those reviews. We exchanged Marriott points for the hotel and received a room on the third floor. Breakfast was not included. The room, although not modern, was in super condition. It was exceptionally clean and roomy. The bed was the usual Marriott quality comort with high end linens. The balcony faced south west with a nice view of the sea and the city. We did not find our room particulrly noisy and the traffic noise did not bother us. The hotel room safe required us to swipe our credit card and not punch in a code. We were reluctant to do this, so security provided us with a special card. However, we did not like this system as we were required to keep this card with us. Using a code would have been less a
hassle. My husband had breakfast in the lobby a few times and found the food very good. On Friday night we had the dinner buffet. There were many choices and most of the food was actually quite good. The 2 negatives were that the room was Huge and it was like eating in an empty cavern with no atmosphere. Secondly, by the time we got to the desserts, they were picked over and were quite unappetizing. The hotel has a large and very clean pool. However, the sun deck is on the floor above and so is not that convenient. We found the front desk and conceriege very helpful. We would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ninapo
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I spent 3 nights at the end of May in this hotel and I was a bit scared from the negative reviews other travelers have posted. Ok, in reality this is not a 5* hotel with 5* standards but it is not that bad. And this I think is what put off many people: it is branded Renaissance 5* but it is not. On the way from the airport the taxi driver confirmed me that this is a Ramada Hotel and not a Marriott property. In any case the location is just great having direct access to the beach (you can walk barefoot from your room to the sea, if you like). I had a room on high floor with a surcharge which I thought was worth it. The rooms are facing the sea from the side and are well equipped if not too modern: they tend to be a bit small and even the bathrooms, at least mine, was showing the age. I think they all have a little balcony which is a plus being on the beach and being able to sit outside. The in-room safe is operated with your own credit-card which means you need to have your card all time with you, even if you go to the beach. There is a turn-down service until 9 pm. The lobby is large and include a bar with a terrace. The reception was always staffed and bell boys were always on hand. There is, as usual in Tel Aviv, a security check before entering the building. On the street level, facing the sea there is a medium size pool attended (with a very friendly and chatty guy): sauna and turkish bath is also at the same place. A little gym is just above the pool. The spa offers a massage service which is an outsourcing service but I didn't see any other services available as a spa. The breakfast was served in a large restaurant at the 1st floor with a few tables looking the sea and promenade: the service is basically a very large buffet including fresh fruits and cooked on order eggs station with warm side dishes. Vegetables and different sorts of cheeses are also available. Freshly squeezed juices and different sorts of bread complete the offer. The restaurant, due to the big size, was very little cozy and the staff was rushing in cleaning up tables which I think is normal having so many people to accommodate. I didn't have any problem with any street noise though the window shadow don't block the sun out completely and I woke up early every morning. The air con is not adjustable to wishes: it is either on or off (you can choose the fan speed though) but I found it being of no problem. A pain in the a.. is a 20 US$ fee for a 24 hrs internet access: although the connection was very stable and relatively strong, to my opinion it is overpriced. If you are in a suite or belong to Status Loyal Customer, the connection is free of charge. Altogether I had a nice stay: despite being an old building this hotel is kept clean, the staff is friendly, the locations is good and I think customers can feel safe. I can only suggest people booking this hotel to avoid thinking of the brand related to the name and to think of a good 3 tops 4 stars hotel.

Room Tip: For a better sea view: rooms 01 to 04 (they are on the Jaffa side which has more open view) Rooms 1...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo