“Excellent hotel”

Renaissance Tel Aviv Hotel
Ranked #60 of 101 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Hotel location is unbeatable, on the Tel Aviv beach.
Rooms where clean and modern.
Additional perks for platinum travelers, the magnificent continental breakfast is complimentary even when travelling on points and you still have access to the lounge with free snacks and drinks. Lounge access, free breakfast and free internet access across all the Marriott brand hotels for platinum members was my main reason to switch from Holiday Inn to Marriott preferred customer.
The Renaissance beats the Crowne Plaza next door in a heart, only perk for the Crowne Plaza is the outdoor pool, but who needs it when you have the beautiful Mediterranean see in front of you.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Small rooms in an aging hotel on the beach. Thank goodness we stayed only one night. Wifi charges were outrageous so we did NOT use the service. We had a buffet dinner which was adequate. This is clearly a tourist transition hotel.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This is my second time to Israel and I didn't want to stay in a poo-hole like I did the last time. I thought I would go ahead and pay more money for a name brand hotel. The hotel was fine but so bloody expensive for what you get. Even to get Wi-fi was USD$ 20 per day. I am used to getting it for free or at the very least in the lobby.

Staff were great, rooms were a bit dated and the view was overrated. The breakfast was great. Dinner was not so great. You are better off taking a little walk towards to pier. The location was great if you are interested in the beach. I saw a lovely sunset from the hotel.

I don't think you will be too disappointed, just a bit surprised about the cost.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 2, 2013

This was our first trip to Israel and wanted to make sure we had a memorable experience in every way possible. I made several phone calls and managed to contact management. We were assigned a renovated room on higher floor with beautiful view of the marina. This hotel is located
Right by the beach. Room was clean, beds comfortable. Bellboy service fast and efficient. There is a supermarket nearby where we bought bottled water at reasonable price. Also walking distance to Dizengoff mall with lots of shops. Buffet breakfast with great selection. This is the only hotel we stayed in Israel among four of them at different cities that has nonfat yoghurt available and fresh orange juice. Since my husband and I drank a lot of hot water, the waiters were very kind to bring us a whole pitcher of hot water to our table.

Room Tip: Higher floor, renovated room, view of marina
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2013

No wonder the hotel doesn't brand itself as a Marriott; it's really not up to Marriott standards. What's great about this hotel is the location, but it goes downhill from there. The staff seemed to do their jobs, but were not particularly welcoming. The lobby and pubic spaces have been updated, but our room had not. And after not paying a dime for internet access over the course of a 2 week stay in Israel, the costs here were high and we decided to do without. Considering that this was a beachfront Marriott in Tel Aviv, we expected the most impressive breakfast of our trip, but it was the least.

Room Tip: The balcony from our north facing room on the 6th floor had a spectacular view of the beach and sea.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This hotel is in a Superb location right on the beachfront, with the locals really taking full advantage of their summer and partaking in lots of outdoor activities. The hotel service was good, the room was good, of average size, clean, good balcony, good public areas, bars and balconies and a good breakfast. Also a wonderful heated pool which we so enjoyed. There is a spa too. We stayed a few nights while sightseeing in Tel Aviv, then returned for one night to pick up our flight home - we felt like we had come back to a familiar, pleasant place. It felt like two days "holiday" after a fairly hectic pace of sightseeing for four weeks. There are some good restaurants along the beachfront and some good long, flat walks along the promenade, in both directions. We felt very safe in this area of Tel Aviv - it is very cosmopolitan. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms face side-on to the ocean. Staying twice, we had rooms on either side of the building - both...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This was my first time staying at this hotel. My coworker stays here when he visits our customer because the office is in walking distance. The location of the hotel is right on the beach and you can walk on the pedestrian walk all the way to Jaffa - which I did and it took me
45 minutes to walk there and another 45 minutes back.

I arrived at the hotel about 2am from the airport. My room was on the 8th floor and I had a partial view of the sea - for a full view, I would have had to bend at a dangerous angle over the balcony. My first thought about my room was that it felt dirty - the whole hotel desperately needs a renovation. There was a wad of hair on the floor near the desk and the vent in the bathroom was filthy. The bed was comfortable and looked clean. The bathroom was old - think pink marble/granite that was popular in the 80's.

The internet is expensive AND you have to pay for each connection. Why is it in the cheap hotels the internet is free and the expensive hotels try to nickel and dime for every service?

There was some work going on the front entrance of the hotel and they started the jack hammers before 8am - eventhough the sign at the front desk indicated later. After going to bed at 3am from my flight, being woken up to jackhammers like at 7am was not pleasant.

The breakfast was ok - there was a lot of different things to eat that would appeal to lots of people. They did have fresh orange juice in pitchers. There was fresh fruit and vegetables, cereals, nuts, cheeses, eggs and some hot foods. The only complaint that I have is that the two days I ate by myself, no one approached me for tea or coffee. When I was with my co-worker (a guy), the wait staff came over to our table several times to offer drinks and see if we needed anything. Single women seem to be treated different...I do get used to it but it is still annoying.

The staff was a mixed bag - a couple of people seemed to be doing a good job but the people at the front desk just seemed snarky. When I was checking out, I felt like I was bothering the gentleman - not a good feeling.

Over all I would like to find another alternative - this is expensive and just not a 4 star property.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business