1,074 results
All reviewsindoor poolmarriott pointsthe executive loungebit dateddirect access to the beachbeach frontgreat location on the beachgordon beachbreakfast buffetbeach viewsmall balconymediterranean searooms are nicebusiness loungeisraelpromenadejaffa
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I stayed a total of 7 nights at this hotel because of its great beach location. Every room gets a good view of the sea and the beach. The buffet dinner served at the hotel restaurant was not bad. When I checked out early at 2am to leave for the airport, I was pleasantly surprised to receive a box containing breakfast to take away. But I was still totally disappointed with this hotel.

The front desk staff told me that it is a 5-star hotel. That cannot be true - 3-star or 4-star at the best! The entire place looks old and tired. The rooms certainly looks 1990s. The feeling I got throughout my stay was that this hotel tries to cut cost at the expense of the guests. There are no room slippers - only executive club rooms get them! Forget about the common bathroom amenities like toothbrush, cotton buds, nail file and razors. All you get is soap, shampoo, conditioner, bath foam, shower cap and sanitary bag. They didn't even replace the bath soap when it ran out. No complimentary bottled water and no fruit basket. The hotel guide in the room was falling to pieces. There were not many TV channels - mainly vernacular ones: Hebrew, Italian, French, Russian. For English movies, only a couple of crappy ones - no HBO and the like. If you have to stay in the room, you will be bored to tears. Housekeeping was atrocious even when I gave a tip e.g. towels that I threw into the bathtub for washing were not replaced. Nearing the end of my week's stay, I had no face towel to use. At breakfast, I need to ask for coffee otherwise I get none. You get only the cheaper fruits here mainly oranges, honeydew and apples unlike the Dan Hotels where you get a wide selection including the costlier nectarines, peaches, bananas and even dragon fruit.

What really pissed me off was during check-out. I was wrongly billed for one breakfast (my room rate included breakfast and they acknowledged that). When I refused to pay, the front desk staff and Duty Manager made me feel like a cheat ,even suggesting that I had invited someone to my room that night and then had breakfast. In the end, to resolve this, I was asked to fill up a form declaring that I had skipped breakfast that morning so that there was "justification" for them to cancel the charge! I had to agree since I didn't want to miss my flight home. I will never ever stay at this hotel again where a guest is not treated like one (and it is not a free stay either). Simply outrageous!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank linnman
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Hotel in a great location...directly on the Mediterranean Sea and Boardwalk. Lots of interesting activity within walking distance. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Executive Lounge was comfortable and with excellent breakfast & evening snacks. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I was quite disappointed by this hotel, although I probably wouldn't have been if I'd read the reviews.

It's a fairly tired 70s or 80s looking hotel - this includes our room (an executive club room - very small), which we were told had been refurbished (but clearly not modernised).

Staff were often unhelpful - e.g. when we went to check out, we were told that we had to queue for the Cashier's desk, even though there were reception staff doing nothing. A receptionist told us that a request for a booking at a restaurant couldn't be followed up on, because she was going off duty shortly.

The location is good, right on the Gordon beach, so no issues there.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank australianlawyer
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We stayed two nights and found it to be a great hotel with great staff, amazing views (right on the Med Sea!!). Unfortunately, the "Non Smoking" floor we were on was used by smokers, whose smoke invaded our room several times. I called security the first time, they responded quickly, acknowledged that they also detected smoke in the hallways and in our room, but there was nothing they could do about it. We would look for another hotel next time because of that.

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker, try to get assurances that you will not be subjected to smoke like we were
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JimBobTraveler
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Location is great with a great view. I would say that is a bit expensive for what they give you. Rooms are a bit too old (need to be renewed ) and breakfast nothing special.
The hotel is clean even if looking a bit old it seems sometimes dirty.
If you find some special promotion can be worth it but probably in the area there is something better at the same price.
At the end overall looks like a 3 stars hotel you will just pay for the location and view.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business